Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Yeti XL , short bus ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #21
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: Yeti XL , short bus ?

The traxxas e revo MT brushless and the axial yeti XL don't even belong in the same sentence. Traxxas respects its customer base enough to offer fully hopped up bash ready vehicles for a fair price. Axial can't deliver nothing but ready to replaces.

Traxxas actually brings innovation to the remote control industry.

Axial watches RCC and copies what people make in hotel rooms and release it as new.

Shall I go on...?

..Uploaded from the lab @ the C.I. Compound...
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I haven't seen anything new from traxxas in quite awhile. E revo is ready to replace also.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #23

...i betcha traxxas would sell you a two-speed rig with a 2speed already in it.

every traxxas ive ever seen is tough as shit and nicely engineered. my traxxas slash4x4 ultimate out of the box was at least twice the truck my stock yeti was.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Congratulations women! You are happy with traxxas vehicles and unhappy with axial. That's nice but traxxas doesn't make anything for the crawler market and axial is making a larger scale racer/basher that may or may not compete with a traxxas vehicle. Have you people forgotten that traxxas was the small company copying designs from everyone else back in the day? Or are you just blinded fanboys?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #25
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Congratulations women! You are happy with traxxas vehicles and unhappy with axial. That's nice but traxxas doesn't make anything for the crawler market and axial is making a larger scale racer/basher that may or may not compete with a traxxas vehicle. Have you people forgotten that traxxas was the small company copying designs from everyone else back in the day? Or are you just blinded fanboys?

A fan boy I am not. For either company.

I am aware of how traxxas began back in the late 80's & what the first models were like. Credit to traxxas for sticking it out, developing better products, and by osmosis they re-structured the retail hobby.

Traxxas knows their market and makes models for every budget and genre.

Axial knows it's market too, off road RC's that need upgrading & a crowd willing to pay to do it.

..Uploaded from the lab @ the C.I. Compound...
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Axial knows it's market too, off road RC's that need upgrading & a crowd willing to pay to do it.

If axial didn't make rigs that needed upgrading you'd be out of a job. You should be thanking them not chastising them.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #27

who did they steal the tmaxx from? or the slash? or the revo? each one of those rigs imo was a gamechanger for the hobby.

im not unhappy with axial, aside from pre-chinese associated they will be my favorite rc brand of all time. but nova has a point. plastic turnbuckles, plastic pin hubs, a 2speed transmission without 2speeds... axial isnt doing it to give the consumers a better experience, they are doing it to get the greatest profit margin they can.

its why they keep line extending the scx platform. marketing 101.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Uh yeah, I would like to know which of the early vehicles traxxas was copying? The cat I guess was similar to a hornet, but not really........the bullet(second car), was pretty much unlike anything out there. The Sledgehammer, first truck was a weird design that I dunno what you would say it was copied from........even their first jump into racing really with the TRX-1 was pretty unique, though there was only so many ways to skin a cat in 2wd racing buggy back then.

The early gripe on traxxas stuff, was there was not a lot of R&D in them....and parts were not easy to find in many areas.

Traxxas certainly wasn't copying anyone in the early years......and really ever.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post

im not unhappy with axial, aside from pre-chinese associated they will be my favorite rc brand of all time. but nova has a point. plastic turnbuckles, plastic pin hubs, a 2speed transmission without 2speeds... axial isnt doing it to give the consumers a better experience, they are doing it to get the greatest profit margin they can.

its why they keep line extending the scx platform. marketing 101.
Wow red star ....

Who pissed you off. Heck they can keep the two speed I'm never driven mine slow. Ever!!!!

Took the yeti out to the bmx track yesterday I felt it was really fun. I love my slash 4x4 but really dig the rear straight axle of the yeti.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I love axials designs, the XR revived comp crawling until discoed, the scx is a great platform, and the wraith and yeti are a blast to drive. However the quality has always been behind other manufacturers IMO.

Not bashing, just sayin...
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

The hawk was pretty much a direct copy of the rc10t team edition. The knuckles and c hubs front and rear are interchangeable and the complete design was a simple copy. I base my early traxxas experience on the only early rig I've been around. I've had a string of e and t maxx's and their basic design was both garbage and awesome depending on where you look at them.

I don't dislike traxxas by any means but the comparison between them and axial constantly is fawktarded at best. One is a mass marketed basher company the other is a crawler company operating in a niche market. This ain't rocket surgery is it?
Old 11-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

While some suspension stuff was copied, back then there wasn't much deviation from the norm in certain stuff....the Hawk while it may of had portions of stuff that worked from other cars.....it certainly wasn't a copy of the rc10t team edition.

The funny part, the Rc10t was released in 1991, I had one of the first kits with the narrow front tires that ROAR banned immediatley....the team edition came in 1993...the rc10 team car was not even released until 1990

The hawk was released in 1989, and shared many parts with the car version the radicator.....released late 88 I think.

So tell me how the Traxxas guys copied a truck released 4 years later? Or even the regular truck 2 years later? Were they friends with Marty Mcfly?

Later EddieO
Old 11-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Don't question EddieO he is an OG rc nerd.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Wow this place has changed a bit. Traxxas does still make crawler related stuff; the t/emaxx shafts everyone uses as driveshafts, same as the older stampede shafts, also don't forget the pede trans was the go to trans before axial came along. People still use the emaxx trans in their rigs too ! I like some of traxxass stuff, like their slashes, and emaxxs. I very much disliked their OG revo though, it broke on the smallest tumbles. I remember I once broke both shock towers, the ez start casing and a bunch of other stuff at 10 mph off a portable 8/12" skate ramp. I think axial came in where the non OGs can just buy a rig now, same with OGs instead of like it was back in the day that if you wanted something, you had to build from scratch.
I don't have a lot of experience with axial other than owning a couple of their axles and one trans, but after buying the Exo and then modding it so I could remove the battery faster and reading of all the failures and fires in the rig I just traded it unused for a slash 4x4!

I think axial may just need to do a few redesigns and maybe put a little more r&d into their rigs before releasing them to the public
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Don't question EddieO he is an OG rc nerd.
Master motor builder...
Old 11-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
Master motor builder...
Now your just kissing ass.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Now your just kissing ass.
Nope I don't even own any of his motor any more. Nor would I ever buy a brushed motor again. But I have owned vapors and stubbies and let just say nether set fell apart..
Old 11-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
While some suspension stuff was copied, back then there wasn't much deviation from the norm in certain stuff....the Hawk while it may of had portions of stuff that worked from other cars.....it certainly wasn't a copy of the rc10t team edition.

The funny part, the Rc10t was released in 1991, I had one of the first kits with the narrow front tires that ROAR banned immediatley....the team edition came in 1993...the rc10 team car was not even released until 1990

The hawk was released in 1989, and shared many parts with the car version the radicator.....released late 88 I think.

So tell me how the Traxxas guys copied a truck released 4 years later? Or even the regular truck 2 years later? Were they friends with Marty Mcfly?

Later EddieO

The only reason I called it team edition is based on the rc10 team edition having a plate chassis rather than a tub. I don't recall the 10t team edition being a plate or tub chassis. The rc10 parts are the same as rc10t other than the A arms and related bits for width so it is a simple extrapolation to mix it all up in a blender and puke out a hawk.

I had a narrow tire 10t as well. I've had piles of the old stuff actually. My favorite was easily the kyosho turbo optima mid se. The chain was crap so it got a belt conversion. By today's standards all the old stuff seriously sucked but it was great back then!
Old 11-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

The first plate chassis RC10 was the RC10 Graphite, came out mid 1989.....pretty sure the hawk was right about the same time if not before. Hard to copy stuff still not out.

The first RC10 to use the team name, was the RC10 Team Edition that came out in 1990. It was available in both the black tub and the graphite. Nobody bought the graphite. I worked at a hobby shop in 1994, the one and only graphite team edition they got was still there four years later....when my brother worked at the store in 1998, it was still there....last I heard, the owner still has it in the back room.

Here is pics of the hawk...

The First Ten Years of Traxxas: Hawk

Tell me how thats a copy of the rc10 or rc10t......are we looking at the same truck? Are they supposed to magically come up with a new arm design? Most cars/trucks back then used that design....

And its not like Associated is innocent of copying good designs.....the beloved the Stealth tranny was nothing more than a copy of the MIP 3 gear tranny that had been out for a couple of years before AE used their version at worlds.

Again, only so many ways to skin a cat....

Later EddieO
Old 11-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I actually have a team edition chassis too. The hawk I had ran a single plate fiberglass chassis, I wonder if it was aftermarket... The mip trans was of identical design as the stealth which is of course a simple model to design and build. The hawk arms are a copy of Andy's arms not original rc10 which associated themselves copied when they redesigned the car.

While this pissing contest is mildly entertaining it is pointless as well. There are a lot of similarities between almost all of the early rigs except the first jrx2 with its 5 link rear suspension.

Yeti XL , short bus ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Short bus Xciter for JeremyH Bc Paints Paint and Body 9 12-19-2012 08:14 AM
Duty's Short Bus Bronco duty Axial Wraith 51 02-14-2012 11:48 AM
The short bus derwood21 RCC Speed Shootout 17 11-23-2009 06:57 PM
Short Bus re-build....... Crawln Coles 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 08-13-2009 12:26 PM
Short bus came early today... Unholy Chit Chat 6 03-29-2007 06:23 PM