Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Upgrade PC for Gaming Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 03:45 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Upgrade PC for Gaming Help

Need to upgrade this pile to play a couple games.

Tell me how to figure out what i have please ?

One games system requirements are-

windows 7/8

Processor:AMD/INTEL 2.0 ghz

Graphics Card:256mb of video memory ATI Radeon x1600/NVidia Geforce 7600/Intel hd 2000 or higher

Ram memory:1024mb

Hard disk space:2gb

Any help is greatly appreciated guys, those specs are for last years version of the game, it would get laggy on me at times. I just paid online and downloaded this years version and when i click start it doesnt even want to load the game.
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Upgrade PC for Gaming Help

What are the specs of your pc?

Figure out what you have and update all your drivers especially for the video card. If that doesn't work then you may need to do some research and see if anyone with a similar pc has had issues with the same game and figured out a solution.

The specs you gave for the last version of the game are pretty old so if you couldn't meet them it may be time to bit the bullet and get a new pc.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I looked up the specs for the new game and they are pretty close.

This pc is 5-6 years old, if i can id rather just upgrade parts of it, im not beefing out hundreds of dollars to play this game.

From what i can see ive got-

2.0gb of ram
AMD phenom 9750 quad core processor 2.4ghz
ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (which is up to date)

I am thinking a little more ram should fix it as i am right at the least required.
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
RCC Addict

If your that close to the specs then it's probably a software issue preventing the game from launching. Even if your a little below specs the game should launch but not play well.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #5

Sounds more like your onboard graphics card to me. You've got twice the required ram, your cpu shouldn't be your bottle neck. Grab a cheap nvidia or ati card from best buy for 60 or so bucks and you should be good. Just make sure you've got the room in your case and the required pcie slot available for it
mbred0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:54 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbred0609 View Post
Sounds more like your onboard graphics card to me. You've got twice the required ram, your cpu shouldn't be your bottle neck. Grab a cheap nvidia or ati card from best buy for 60 or so bucks and you should be good. Just make sure you've got the room in your case and the required pcie slot available for it
Yep, right now your CPU is your graphics card. Make sure you have a PCI-E 2.0 x16 port and a minimum of 300w power supply. Then buy either:

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64bit DVI/HDMI/VGA Low Profile Graphics Card 01G-P3-3731-KR: Computers & Accessories
or
Amazon.com: MSI AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card R7770-PMD1GD5: Computers & Accessories

Realize that you will be playing at or close to the lowest graphics settings though.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalerLover View Post
Need to upgrade this pile to play a couple games.

Tell me how to figure out what i have please ?

One games system requirements are-

windows 7/8

Processor:AMD/INTEL 2.0 ghz

Graphics Card:256mb of video memory ATI Radeon x1600/NVidia Geforce 7600/Intel hd 2000 or higher

Ram memory:1024mb

Hard disk space:2gb

Any help is greatly appreciated guys, those specs are for last years version of the game, it would get laggy on me at times. I just paid online and downloaded this years version and when i click start it doesnt even want to load the game.
How to tell what your pc has: Left click Start, right click Computer, then left click on Properties in the contextual popup menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbred0609 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Yep, right now your CPU is your graphics card. Make sure you have a PCI-E 2.0 x16 port and a minimum of 300w power supply. Then buy either:

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64bit DVI/HDMI/VGA Low Profile Graphics Card 01G-P3-3731-KR: Computers & Accessories
or
Amazon.com: MSI AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card R7770-PMD1GD5: Computers & Accessories

Realize that you will be playing at or close to the lowest graphics settings though.
Yep, what these two guys said.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Upgrade PC for Gaming Help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For the Gaming Nerds Frankenwheely Chit Chat 4 01-30-2011 11:45 AM
laptop gaming help josh hayes Chit Chat 5 12-27-2009 01:05 PM