Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Annoyed with greed and liars!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Annoyed with greed and liars!!!!

So I decided to finally re-start working on a project that's been sitting for some time due to things like kids, life or no drive to work on it etc.

Whatever the case maybe I pull the rig out set it up on the work bench, pull some parts off the shelf that I bought from the BST section only to find I was taken on one of them....

I purchased what I was told was a short version of the super-lift "steering stabilizer"

so I take it out of the bag and went to mount it, but something just didn't look right ( I have owned a few of these before that I bought but never used ) so I decided to pop the end cap off to adjust the length only to see this

Wait for it!!

2 - 5mm bullet connectors fall out

REALLY people instead of selling it for what it was, a homemade stabilizer, made from an old scale shock and some spare parts, you advertised it as being the real deal...

Come on WTF its a 20.00 part new and instead u make one and prob have more $ than that in the cost of this one ( shock, bullet terminals, stickers, etc) Then lie about it and possibly ruin your name over some piddly ass 20 dollar part.

I am just annoyed that people do stupid shit like this to make a quick buck. I prob would have still bought the damn thing anyway but knowing the difference would have made this long ass unneeded thread never appear.

Anyway RANT over

-Dan

Last edited by sickcivic95; 11-27-2014 at 11:24 PM.
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Annoyed with greed and liars!!!!

Never work the returns desk of any sort of big box store, just might make you lose your faith in humanity with the number of liars you get, especially in wealthy areas!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:07 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Unfortunately some people think petty stealing will land them in the millionaire club.

Life demands > Integrity
They > Fool life
Life > Fool them

You would get pissed off if you did business on alibaba. chinese way of doing business
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:09 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
the number of liars you get, especially in wealthy areas!
well noted.
Same here..
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I am not calling you out, but what exactly is the issue. Seems to me they ( seller ) was trying to lock it out. What should it look like inside?
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Never work the returns desk of any sort of big box store, just might make you lose your faith in humanity with the number of liars you get, especially in wealthy areas!

^^^^^this, so true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
taco08jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
I am not calling you out, but what exactly is the issue. Seems to me they ( seller ) was trying to lock it out. What should it look like inside?

You are right they were trying to lock it out. It was made to look and operate like an actual part that rc4wd sells ( superlift stabalizer ) and then sold to me as THAT part, NOT as a home-brew version of an actual product.

I prob should/could have noticed it before I bought it as the shock cap is a giveaway, but the pic they used wasn't the best and had other parts all around it as well, so after a short glance at said pics I took them for their word, and bought it. Like I said earlier I probably would have still bought it knowing it wasn't a real deal, because I was purchasing other items as well, but I def wouldn't have paid as much for it. Its not a huge deal because its such a small ticket item hence why Im not dropping user names and all that, its just the principle of the whole thing that I'm pissed off about.

Here is a link to the actual part that it was sold to me as:

Superlift Adjustable Steering Stabilizer (90mm-120mm)

--Dan
Old 11-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Yea you REALLY should have noticed that one since it doesn't look much like the part you thought it did at all. Yes it's a white shock but every detail is wrong. But like you said, at least it was cheap.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Not taking away from the mis representation but.... You say you have owned many of these stabalizers yet it looks nothing like the one RC4wd sells. Was there a photo you looked at before purchasing??

This is one that is..
RC4WD Superlift Superide 80mm Scale Shock Absorbers
lsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I get it.

On a side note, if one were to use heavy springs and set up the shock in a semi droop configuration, it might make a scale servo saver. Maybe a way to make lemonade outta lemons.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:25 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Yea you REALLY should have noticed that one since it doesn't look much like the part you thought it did at all. Yes it's a white shock but every detail is wrong. But like you said, at least it was cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsone View Post
Not taking away from the mis representation but.... You say you have owned many of these stabalizers yet it looks nothing like the one RC4wd sells. Was there a photo you looked at before purchasing??

This is one that is..
RC4WD Superlift Superide 80mm Scale Shock Absorbers

Yes if I would have asked for a better pic so I could see the entire thing clearly this wouldnt be a problem, but I generally take people for the word and seeing that it is such a small ticket item I didnt think I would have to worry about it. I don't ever buy bigger stuff without clear precise photos.
I guess this is just one of those should-a, could-a, would-a things...

More or less I was Just really annoyed that after finally getting some drive to start working on the rig again the second part I pull out to install was this....... Needless to say frustration superseded my drive yesterday...

--Dan

Annoyed with greed and liars!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annoyed... h8z2luze Team Losi Comp Crawler 13 09-25-2009 08:57 PM
Annoyed with your Nyling, heres the fix!! BigRedB2 Chit Chat 32 02-21-2006 09:49 PM
Offically annoyed..... Still having problems with Surging jeepmann General Crawlers 15 02-20-2006 04:42 PM