Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 'The Interview' Is Terrorism?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 'The Interview' Is Terrorism?

Just heard about it on the news tonight. Basically a movie that North Korea is pissed about. I thought the trailer was pretty funny myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpyVENBPj5c

So what do you think? Does it warrant an act of terrorism? If someone made a movie like this about our country would it fly?
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #2

Default Re: 'The Interview' Is Terrorism?

f them if they cant take a joke.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hell yeah.

And since we are just 30-40 % from actually becomming N Korea, i think its only fair.
To this day i am still amazed the Americans have my country in ther inner circle of friends, there is fjew ppl i trust here, and none of them is working in any form / branch of goverment.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
If someone made a movie like this about our country would it fly?
Methinks you don't understand NK.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Total number of soldiers

USA = 22,31,447
Russia = 32,40,000
India = 47,68,407
china = 39,27,000

N Korea = 76,79,000

All are Nuclear armed.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

South Korea = 51,59,500
Vietnam = 55,22,000

Small countries but potential for a big issue.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
Suck it up!

The only thing that keeps NK in check is everyone elses disdain for their government. Yes, they have military power, but if they try to use it, all the surrounding countries will bitch smack them hard. I think NK knows this, so their posturing is mostly for defense. Nobody wants to mess with the well armed crazy guy as long as he keeps to himself.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Another thing is that N Korea has an ally...china.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #9
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
Another thing is that N Korea has an ally...china.
Just because they are allies doesn't mean they'll put up with bullshit.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Methinks you don't understand NK.

Methinks you didnt understand the question.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:44 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The only thing that keeps NK in check is everyone elses disdain for their government. Yes, they have military power, but if they try to use it, all the surrounding countries will bitch smack them hard. I think NK knows this, so their posturing is mostly for defense. Nobody wants to mess with the well armed crazy guy as long as he keeps to himself.
It is easy to underestimate N Korea because of their size, economic conditions and geographical location with other countries.
N Korean people have been fed hatred for Americans right form childhood and even for generations. They have been psycologically programmed in such a way that breaking any N Koreans dedication for his country is almost impossible. I feel US spy's in N Korea if any, face a tough situation to mine out any intelligence. Media talk about N Korea not having the technology for WMD or ICBM is just ignorant or a coverup.
N Korea is a country after all, and they have the resources to build nuclear weapons. Many are saying NK does not have food and electricity, its a broken country etc etc, but that does not mean they have not allocated the necessary infrastructure to build WMD.

N Korea is a country that will not think twice before pulling the trigger. Fueled with hatred, they won't care a bit about future. China is well aware of this and so is the US government. It is true, if N Korea strikes US with a nuclear missile, US will make N Korea history. But the fact is N Korea is a country that can make a significant dent to US beyond its anti ballistic missile system.

China is obliged by a treaty to support NK with millitary assistance if NK comes under attack. This is the reason why China is trying to stabilise the tension by issuing a warning to US to stop its process of strategically positioning interceptor missiles in Alaska and other places across the globe.

Can a country that has isolated itself for decades after world war give fake threats? There is more hunger for revenge than existence in NK.

I feel there should have been a responsible approach to this situation by Obama. What is the point in provoking NK? One nuclear missile fires and the whole world will go on high alert and probably start a 3rd world war.

During the earlier world wars, soldiers involved wanted to stop the ongoing war, but they just could not and no one was. Its a snow ball effect that stops only after a lot of distruction. And add to it the nuclear missiles of modern world
Old 12-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #12

saying n.k. is harmless is foolish. they got a hell of alot better resources than the taliban...

maybe its tinfoil hat talk, but i kinda see this being a somewhat elaborate plan/opportunity by the gov to lock down the internet.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #13
Suck it up!

Quote:
N Korea is a country that will not think twice before pulling the trigger. Fueled with hatred, they won't care a bit about future. China is well aware of this and so is the US government. It is true, if N Korea strikes US with a nuclear missile, US will make N Korea history. But the fact is N Korea is a country that can make a significant dent to US beyond its anti ballistic missile system.

China is obliged by a treaty to support NK with millitary assistance if NK comes under attack. This is the reason why China is trying to stabilise the tension by issuing a warning to US to stop its process of strategically positioning interceptor missiles in Alaska and other places across the globe.

I feel there should have been a responsible approach to this situation by Obama. What is the point in provoking NK? One nuclear missile fires and the whole world will go on high alert and probably start a 3rd world war.
Provoke NK? Seriously? They are the ones making terrorist threats because Sony made a movie they didn't like. We were promised "catastrophic consequences similar to 9/11" if the movie was released, then "serious consequences" if they were not allowed to participate in the investigation. Now they are threatening us again with a massive cyber attack on the US as a whole, and more specifically the White House and Pentagon.

NK does not have any real allies. China may trade and provide some military support to them, but they do not like their nuclear weapons program any more than we do. China also provides NK with internet service, and given that they have already made the statement that they do not support cyber attacks, especially with their own systems, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut NK's cord in the near future.

Obama and the US will most likely go at it like they did with Russia. Impose sanctions and watch things crumble. China may or may not actively participate, but they'll at least step aside and let it happen. We are one of their largest partners in trade, and that is a relationship they cannot afford to risk by standing up for NK.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #14
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
saying n.k. is harmless is foolish. they got a hell of alot better resources than the taliban...
They aren't harmless, but they are alone in this fight. They are historically a hostile and self-isolating country. Unfounded demands followed by physical threats is the norm when it comes to dealing with other countries.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 12-22-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Provoke NK? Seriously? They are the ones making terrorist threats because Sony made a movie they didn't like. We were promised "catastrophic consequences similar to 9/11" if the movie was released, then "serious consequences" if they were not allowed to participate in the investigation. Now they are threatening us again with a massive cyber attack on the US as a whole, and more specifically the White House and Pentagon.
Was this not escalated after Obama pointed N Korea as the reason behind the cyber attact on Sony? I remember reading that when Obama adressed his speech, US did not have confirmed data that proved N Korea was behind the cyber attact.

Or am I missing some part of it ?

Quote:
Obama and the US will most likely go at it like they did with Russia. Impose sanctions and watch things crumble. China may or may not actively participate, but they'll at least step aside and let it happen. We are one of their largest partners in trade, and that is a relationship they cannot afford to risk by standing up for NK.
china wants to see US turn into a weaker nation. That favors china to become the new world super power. I think china will fuel fire if its in their favor. But looking at how the monetary system is designed, china will face a finanical crumble if US economy takes a hit. But then again china has been printing money in excess to boost and sustain its growth.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #16
Suck it up!

Quote:
Was this not escalated after Obama pointed N Korea as the reason behind the cyber attact on Sony? I remember reading that when Obama adressed his speech, US did not have confirmed data that proved N Korea was behind the cyber attact.

Or am I missing some part of it ?
There is very strong evidence pointing to NK as the source, based on previous attacks (aimed elsewhere) from them. NK giving its blessing to the attacks does not strengthen their case of being innocent, nor does their demand that they be involved in the investigation, nor the threat of further cyber attacks if they are not.

That is their modus operandi though. They do not deal in peaceful diplomacy and have just barely enough military might to be taken seriously. They have been that way since NK was formed.

Quote:
china wants to see US turn into a weaker nation. That favors china to become the new world super power. I think china will fuel fire if its in their favor. But looking at how the monetary system is designed, china will face a finanical crumble if US economy takes a hit. But then again china has been printing money in excess to boost and sustain its growth.
An immediate and substantial disruption to the US economy is most definitely NOT in their favor. Our last recession left them reeling just as bad as everyone else.

Printing money in excess depreciates its value.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #17
Suck it up!

Old 12-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Just heard about it on the news tonight. Basically a movie that North Korea is pissed about. I thought the trailer was pretty funny myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpyVENBPj5c

So what do you think? Does it warrant an act of terrorism? If someone made a movie like this about our country would it fly?
I think this is a Yes or No Question. Yes Or No?
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #20
Suck it up!

Called it!

Offline: North Korea Suffers Widespread Internet Outage - NBC News

And, since they've captured the worlds attention:

North Korea faces more heat, this time over human rights

'The Interview' Is Terrorism? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Job Interview neillarson Chit Chat 19 01-02-2014 08:02 PM
Interview with Parker AdventureIQ Recon G6 2 12-10-2013 12:30 PM
Job Interview help. ghtpdm5 Chit Chat 51 12-06-2012 10:16 PM
South Park is fighting terrorism! chops1sc Chit Chat 0 02-25-2010 04:18 PM
Pigs....and the fight on terrorism. Highmark Chit Chat 2 08-29-2005 09:20 PM