Notices

Thread: Facepalm facebook fail finds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2016, 09:08 AM   #1841
No idea what I'm doing

Default Re: Facepalm facebook fail finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
I absolutely hate being classified as a millennial... I don't fit that mold at all.
Stop whining! Holy crap, you millenials are all the same.

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2016, 09:09 AM   #1842
Pebble Pounder

My sister used to manage for Lady Footlocker. While trying to hire the "best" of the applicants, she still got stuck with the ones that were stunned they actually had to work when they showed up. I guess the salary was just for attendance. Doing work was extra. Also, they would get all bent out of shape about not being able to have their cell phone on them while they were on the sales floor (a common policy in any retail business).
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:08 AM   #1843
Rock Crawler

I hadnt really considered the millenial angle but you guys may be right here. That page is a hoot and I think things are getting blown way out of proportion over there, I feel like the biggest source of "oh man these rules are gonna drive people away" are from people who dont scale comp anyway. Behind every "blah blah blah I just hate the rules man I just want to show up and have some fun blah blah blah" post is someone who doesnt comp.
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:55 AM   #1844
Custom Carbon Fiber

When you have people messaging you and asking if you can extend the ears on your shafty chassis for scale you know two things.

You did something right ......... and the rules arent good.

I passed on all those requests, I cant agree with what a lot of them want to push for 'scale'.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:05 PM   #1845
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
absolutely.

i had to deal with kids fresh out of design school. so not only are they millenials and grew up sheltered by helicopter parents and school system that isnt at all like when us old guys went to school, they were also artsy fartsy special little flowers who their whole life had been pampered and complimented over being artists.

not everybody i dealt with was a stereotypical millennial, but i'd say 3/4 of them were. i would tell a jr designer (who was having troubles) to use a certain image and treat the type a certain way, etc. and they would say shit like 'no that will look horrible', or 'i never put vertical type on my work'... bitch you are in advertising and im your creative director... so they would do it, and do it so half assed to intentionally make it look bad, and i would sit behind them and tell them what to do, make them do it... with them being all huffy and puffy the entire time.

also shit like 'i cant stay late today i have plans'... bitch you are in advertising and you dont make plans when you KNOW were working late all week trying to get some presentation done for the client. theres just no sense of having to pay your dues or prove yourself to a new boss, in their mind they are already accomplished and shouldnt have to work hard to impress anybody. they see you as the old dick in the way and you are just set out to make their lives miserable.

That's my life, just replace marketing with sales/retail
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:21 PM   #1846
MODERATOR™

Hoop's still angry! I lol'd.

(**** work, cause people suck)
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:37 PM   #1847
Quarry Creeper

I guess the one benefit of being a millennial working for Chinese companies is you get worked to death and don't have time to whine about it ;)
tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:51 PM   #1848
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
When you have people messaging you and asking if you can extend the ears on your shafty chassis for scale you know two things.

You did something right ......... and the rules arent good.

I passed on all those requests, I cant agree with what a lot of them want to push for 'scale'.
cant even begin to deal with that... just goes to show you people really arent getting it

I commend you for not doing as well, your vendor status is to make you money so that must have been tough choice to make. I cant say I am surprised though because you have built some very realistic trucks in your time
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:21 PM   #1849
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
cant even begin to deal with that... just goes to show you people really arent getting it

I commend you for not doing as well, your vendor status is to make you money so that must have been tough choice to make. I cant say I am surprised though because you have built some very realistic trucks in your time

The hobby's more important to me, Im old school so I still believe in the spirit of classes lol.

Really appreciate that, I had fun on those builds too. The red Tundra I did on leafs from my favorite to drive. Driven right I mangled it with some less then scale trucks at a few comps.

I won a comp with that same truck on 4 leafs by driving the shit out of it and scoring the best on gates/course. I lost that comp to a less then scale truck linked susp truck because he out scored me with coolers and beers and trinkets.

The following year I built a cheater truck - max scale points and all with-in their rules. I won everything ....... following year they changed the rules more towards real scale.

I do hope they can get the rules pulled back in to bring the scale (real looking shit) back. Ya theyre gonna piss people off but like us in the comp scene say, do you want 5 quality drivers or 10 RTR guys beating on box trucks at events? People dont like rules then let them find something else to do.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:53 AM   #1850
I wanna be Dave

I saw this the other day and thought "isn't there a thread where we mock awful FB builds?". It is hard to believe this thread hasn't been updated in 2 years because there are so many garbage trucks on there.

Someone believes 630g of brass bolted to the chassis is proper weight distribution. Who else but a Traxxas owner loves brass that much?
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:45 AM   #1851
I wanna be Dave

All of the scale groups are full of idiotic crap like that. Axial rc rock crawlers, axial scx10 II, axial bomber are chock full of the dumbest crap ever. I joined bookface a bit over a year ago and I'm continuously impressed by the level of idiocy I see regularly.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #1852
RCC Addict

Since this got bumped here's some old pics from the thread:

Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #1853
I wanna be Dave

ohio scale gurus is the only scale FB group that isn't flooded with junk. im only in 3 rc groups +my racing team on fb.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #1854
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Someone believes 630g of brass bolted to the chassis is proper weight distribution. Who else but a Traxxas owner loves brass that much?
I saw that this morning... how are those shocks not more compressed?? that's a brick!!
OSRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #1855
Rock Crawler

Thank Gawd this thread has been resurrected! So many Twitter Face morons and there's been nobody to share them with.
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:20 AM   #1856
Suck it up!

Stupid red motor wires, always falling off and killing sweet builds.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #1857
I wanna be Dave

San Diego scalers and rc square heads are the only groups I'm on. Both are solid with some great fabricators. I would be hard pressed to find anything worth posting here, but sometimes those groups will post some gold they find on other groups.
If I see any I will put it here for teh lolz.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #1858
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Stupid red motor wires, always falling off and killing sweet builds.
I wish the whole "Sultan of Springs" saga was still intact for everyone to enjoy.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:50 PM   #1859
Suck it up!

Guy buys used rig and the included HH esc is dead. Instead of pursuing the matter with the seller, he's hassling JRH because he won't warranty it.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #1860
Rock Crawler

Arise, thread! And walk among the living once again!

At one point I tried to turn a Stampede 4x4 into a crawler... locked diffs, GRU off an airplane...

Then I bought an actual crawler and turned it back into a basher 'Pede...
Attached Images

JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Facepalm facebook fail finds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your Battery Finds Here!! morg59jeep Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 318 02-16-2022 04:28 PM
Thrift store finds MikeChino Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 10 01-02-2014 12:41 AM
eBay finds..the good ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 1 07-11-2012 11:57 AM