RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   rc universe (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/53517-rc-universe.html)

tony tt 12-18-2006 06:46 PM

rc universe

any body else frequent over there?? mainly the classifieds. besides crawlers i am also a flyer and am into nitros. does anyone else think that 90% of the people there are just out of their minds with their prices? they put a set of wheels or a pipe or a couple pieces of aluminum and they think their truck is worth more than new,,,it just blows me away. what runs thru a persons mind when they are posting an 'ad"?

K_B 12-18-2006 06:48 PM

I think people have a hard time keeping sentimental value out of the equation. That's why I haven't sold a bunch of my junk. It's worth alot more to me because I put all the time in to build it.

slobin3d 12-18-2006 06:53 PM

when i sell my stuff i figure pretty much half of what i paid for it. even at that people still dont buy my stuff. they want to sell everything at the highest price and buy it dirt cheap. something has to give:roll:

Mattdg67 12-18-2006 06:54 PM

I go there and I do think people are nuts and just plan stupid. But I mostly go in the micro section and most people in that section are not to bad.

twisted84toyota 12-18-2006 06:58 PM

I have bought and sold stuff off of there and your right some people are smoking crack............some of the crawler stuff is from here there are sometimes ads both on here and RCU

tony tt 12-18-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slobin3d
when i sell my stuff i figure pretty much half of what i paid for it. even at that people still dont buy my stuff. they want to sell everything at the highest price and buy it dirt cheap. something has to give:roll:

i agree, but i mean there really needs to be a line. here is a good example,,,he can't even give an actual photo and he is asking more than a bnib new savage x. oh but he doew have a steel spur. :roll: i just don't get it.....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=246706

andres-tavares 12-18-2006 07:32 PM

i always go to the rock crawler forum :)

aint scared 12-18-2006 10:03 PM

i do alot of browsing/buying/selling/trading over there. cool site and you can catch the occasional deal as well. i just got through trading my electric rustler for an almost brand new warhead with an ofna starter box. my rusty was no slouch and i really liked it, but monetarily i couldn't go wrong. :)
i've made a few friends over there as well. i still spend most of my time here though :roll:

joecrawler 12-19-2006 03:18 AM

I got banned for trying to expose a scam.

P47TBolt 12-19-2006 03:48 PM

I frequently go there.
I got a NIB TLT and a NIB LRP runner with reverse
from a person on there for $65 shipped."thumbsup"
Just have to keep surfing it to catch some good buys.

JEFF THE JET 12-19-2006 06:40 PM

ive sold a lot over ther however ive had a ton of peaple beat me down on prices then back out.. one ol boy went as far as sending me a letter in the mail tellen me why he could no longer buy the car.he did not have the hart to talk on the pc.lol..

The Muscle 12-19-2006 07:22 PM

What's the problem? If the price is to much then just don't buy it.
how simple is that?

JEFF THE JET 12-19-2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Muscle
how simple is that?

I hear ya barkin dog.! the first thing they ask is ,that the bottom line ? im not tring to make a living off this stuff! im just wantING to fund my crawler with these things... if any ONE wants just look up jeff the jet . and tell me what you think.may bee im out of my tree?

tony tt 12-19-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Muscle
how simple is that?

you must be one of "those guys" on that site:roll: you're obviously missing the point,,i'll go find my crayons and draw a picture

The Muscle 12-19-2006 07:46 PM

I've never been there and i've never sold anything.

and please explain to me because i don't get it.

if the price is high and no one pays, then the item does not sell, and if they really want to sell it the price will come down. if it's too high and you don't want to pay that price than you won't.

Charging a high price doesn't make you "out of your mind",paying one does.

JEFF THE JET 12-19-2006 07:52 PM

i sold my gas usa-1, the dude ask can i make payments?sooo i told him you bet!you aint getten it till its paid for.. i just got the first payment today.

mikesativa 12-20-2006 03:00 AM

I have found some smoking deals on there. Like my Savage for $150 that came as a kit cause it needed to be rebuilt but it came with enough new parts to make it like new. I was able to start and drive it as is but rebuilt it after the first run.

I also recently got a RTR Stampede shipped to my door for $90.

run2jeepn 12-20-2006 03:17 AM

It used to be free to sell on that site. But last time I tried to post over there it wanted to charge me. Screw that.

aint scared 12-20-2006 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by run2jeepn
It used to be free to sell on that site. But last time I tried to post over there it wanted to charge me. Screw that.

it is still free. the only time you get charged is when you put up more than one pic, list it in the featured section, or use the optional listing extras. a basic ad with one picture is still free.

4link4eva 12-20-2006 09:05 AM

I used to go on RCU, but the site is so goddamn slow I can't be bothered to wait for it, and end up back over here. One ad per page really does keep the speed of it up. :)