Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: How to kill a Rc-Enthusiast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Smile How to kill a Rc-Enthusiast

Sending mails like these.

#1: Jan 20 , 2015 , (this one was PM send from user in --- forum)
Hello trucktrial,
I came across one of your post in the --- thread. And the pictures you posted were outstanding. It caught mine and a couple of the guys back here at ACME headquarters attention. My name is --- , One of my primary jobs working with our ACME marketing team is helping push ACME video and photo content for all our social media outlets. I was curious if you would be interested in supplying us with more of those amazing photos and possibly a video if we were to send you a vehicle and some support equipment? You can email me back at the listed address below for further details. We hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks

#2: Jan 22 , 2015 from --@ ACME.com
We would like to send you a --- and ---es edition to capture similar images like the ones you have on ---.com. We want to use these pictures to publish on our social media feeds and ACME.com. If you were to be interested in doing something like this for us, I will work something out here to get a shipment of products, parts and batteries headed your way, free of charge. All we ask in return is that you capture more beautiful, amazing photos with the products I send you.

#3: Feb 2, 2015 from --@ ACME.com
We are going to go ahead and get a --- with some spare parts, batteries and a charger headed your way. I will send you tracking as soon as it leaves our warehouse. So we are super excited to see more images similar to the ones you have posted. Myself and the ACME team want to thank you for helping us out with this project. Can’t wait to see what you get.
Thanks again

#4 Feb 3, 2015 from --@ ACME.com
Before we send out the products, I will need you to sign our mandatory photo waiver. Please send this back signed at your earliest convenience
Thank you, .
Extract of the received PDF document) Permission for use of Photography, -Signed and Emailed-
"For good and valuable consideration herein acknowledged as received, the undersigned, being the legal owner of, or having the right to permit the taking and use of photographs of, ACME vehicles, including other images, does irrevocably grant to ACME L.P., its legal representatives, agents, and assigns the full perpetual rights to take and use such photographs in public relations, print advertising and institutional promotion relating to ACME’ R/C products and serv..."

#n May 8, 2015: from --@ ACME.com
The offering has been put on hold until further notice. Sorry for all the confusion.

###############
Since these mails, there has not been further agreement/ disagreement or subsequent negotiation that has prevented total completion or cancellation of its offer

What do you think about it?
trucktrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: How to kill a Rc-Enthusiast

Trading stuff is good. I'd gladly trade pictures for RC parts.
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

isn't ACME a cartoon company the coyote used to try to beat the road runner ??? ....
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStorm View Post
Trading stuff is good. I'd gladly trade pictures for RC parts.
What he said.
forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I thought this was a how to thread, teaching how to actually kill Rc enthusiasts.

Lame

Carry on.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:38 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
isn't ACME a cartoon company the coyote used to try to beat the road runner ??? ....
There was a vehicle company named that too, about on the same level with Smartech and Exceed...........JUNK
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Come on guys, I leave you to guess the brand im talking about, I thought the same -scam- but after posting this on their forum, a moderator replied this.

"Does not sound like it will kill an enthusiast. Based upon the wording and generalization of the emails regurgitated it sounds like a scam from the very beginning."

Five minutes later when he realized I was talking about his own department of marketing, the thread was deleted.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Axial

What do I win?
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:59 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Sounds like they got what they needed, and you get a large bowl of dicks for your effort.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

^ Ship A Bag Of Dicks - BAG OF DICKS ($12)

DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:15 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Angry Re: How to kill a Rc-Enthusiast

Yes, I indeed received an offer of a Summit and Emaxx BL Edition, for photos of these very rc that I would sent in exchange

You did well, gaving four essential clues.

ACME effectively can be a fictitious company known for its epic fails.
[WK..] Out in the fabulous Roadrunner cartoon, aka "Texas Road Burner" that suggests that most of the Road Runner and Coyote cartoons Could take place in Texas.

One of you has given me a good clue to find the "X" in Axial, but it was not that brand ..

Roadrunner is "The fastest bird over earth"
ACME also used a slogan associated with the superlative speed, "The fastest name ..." and, in my opinion also the trickster

This is just a warning for all the people might receive simillar offers in the future:Containing free stuff in exchange of something (a deal), they make you sign an agreement and then they simply put the "deal" in hold until new advise.

On the link below you have the original version of the emails sent by TRAXXAS

How to disappoint a RC enthusiast

BadMarketing

Last edited by trucktrial; 05-26-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:58 PM   #12

id be willing to bet it was an overzealous marketing newbie who worked outside of process... a trademark lawyer or art buyer probably got involved and for whatever reason traxxas as a company cannot work with you for whatever reason.

as long as they dont use any of your photography its no big deal, but if they are using your images and did not fullfill the agreements of the rights release you might have a good reason to take them to court.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

It was the first thing I thought, a newcomer. But this guy works as marketing coordinator for at least five years [Linkedin] and according to their posts, with other two Traxxas work mates.

There may be many strategic reasons for which a company decides the using way for advertising but most of them can be exposed with more or less detail and courtesy after canceling an offer unilaterally.

Throughout the reasons for what they should keep silent,I suposse many that can be either absurd or unbelievable.
All questions related to the closure of thread has been deleted in minutes before being answered.

How to disappoint a RC enthusiast
Old 05-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

This is disturbing.
Send them notice through a lawer stating that the deal is cancelled and that they have no right to use your work. You have the emails as evidence.

Tell that overly smart guy that you will get him in front of judge Judy. I have also heard that America is a land of opportunities. One can sue someone and become a millionaire. May half of traxxas wealth flow into your wallet. Release the Spanish bull at once.

And do not forget to send him a parcel full of dog poop as a token of Laaaaaaaaave.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

This Osbone sherry advertising billboard is a 14-metre (46 ft) high and will be enough

The day in which they -Traxxas.forums- cleared the cache image in their browser or proxy, they will need to explain lots of things.
including appearances of Axial photos, HPI, Gmade, Beverly Hillbillies , and some "inappropriate" texts

I do not want anymore that they use my pics:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxx...-crawling.html [Rccrawler]

Last edited by trucktrial; 05-28-2015 at 03:43 PM.

How to kill a Rc-Enthusiast - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence... GySgt Hartman Chit Chat 166 01-21-2013 07:11 PM
Help a new Crawler enthusiast! york1974 Newbie General 3 11-08-2010 09:35 PM
New venom enthusiast muddertrucker Venom Creeper 16 12-03-2009 05:46 PM