RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   You know what sucks? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/536390-you-know-what-sucks.html)

Duuuuuuuude 05-23-2015 12:50 AM

You know what sucks?

Acute pancreatitis. The up side is that I got some new yellow socks.

CrawlinMike 05-23-2015 01:18 AM

Re: You know what sucks?

Damn dude I'm real sorry to hear this. Stay positive. Lotta friends here for you.

Duuuuuuuude 05-23-2015 01:39 AM

Hopefully it won't be a big deal and will resolve itself in a few days. But fawking hell, that was some scary shit.

Had a hint of pain/pressure right below my rib cage, I thought maybe it was gas or something, but then it quickly escalated into severe pain, nausea, dizziness, the sweats, and trouble breathing. I couldn't muster enough breath to yell for my wife, so I had to clumsily text her before I passed out (thankfully I stayed conscious).

I got some Maalox with a numbing agent mixed in at the ER, and eventually was sent home to rest for a few days, drink lots of water, and eat small meals. Here's hoping I can ride it out and follow up with my regular doc in a couple weeks to see what the deal is...

...and since I was transported sans footwear, I got new socks to go home in. They're quite comfortable. :ror:

Peaker 05-23-2015 03:33 AM

Hang in there buddy "thumbsup"

STANG KILLA SS 05-23-2015 08:22 AM

man that's scary Chris. hope your back to 100% in a week or so and that it doesn't happen again.
were gonna need to see those socks...

EeePee 05-23-2015 08:38 AM

Sorry to hear it.

Walk it off. Or, go sit on the toilet. Have a beer.

johnnyh66 05-23-2015 08:41 AM

Take it easy Baby D

Lentsnh2012 05-23-2015 09:05 AM

Prayers are being sent your way! It's amazing at what can happen within 24 hours-shoot, even as quick as your symptoms occurred. Glad you were able to have the strength to at least text your wife. Hang in there sir!

wings_of_fire 05-23-2015 10:12 AM

Sorry to know. Get well soon.

Time to get a bit serious about health. With age our body starts degrading faster than we imagine. The physical abuse of preservative based food intake or worry, pops up as our immune system gets weaker with age.
Neutralise your bodies natural chemical balance by staying away from alcohol and soft drinks. Eat organic. Early to bed early to rise. If you have faith, research yoga and take it into your daily routine. I cant explain everything here.... the suppleness of spine, joints and muscles play a very important role in keeping the bodies rythm smooth. Most people that have been doing yoga regularly in their life, live over 90 without any issues.

Your body has given you a signal.

Duuuuuuuude 05-23-2015 11:22 AM

I was told to lay off the fatty foods for a while and absolutely no alcohol. :cry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wings_of_fire (Post 5230457)
Time to get a bit serious about health. With age our body starts degrading faster than we imagine. The physical abuse of preservative based food intake or worry, pops up as our immune system gets weaker with age.
Neutralise your bodies natural chemical balance by staying away from alcohol and soft drinks. Eat organic. Early to bed early to rise. If you have faith, research yoga and take it into your daily routine. I cant explain everything here.... the suppleness of spine, joints and muscles play a very important role in keeping the bodies rythm smooth. Most people that have been doing yoga regularly in their life, live over 90 without any issues.

Your body has given you a signal.

I'm 43 and have only ever seen a doctor when it was an emergency. Never had a checkup, proper bloodwork, etc. I hope to do all that with my new Dr in a couple of weeks.

Alcohol intake is pretty infrequent, so is soda, but I do have a bit of an addiction to energy drinks. I've already got plans to ween myself off of them.

I never deprive myself of sleep, though I do not follow the early up/early down mantra of the industrial age.

Always had a mild interest in yoga, but never pursued it.

Socks or it didn't happen...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...ms56-57593.jpg

Lentsnh2012 05-23-2015 11:28 AM

Those energy drinks. Whew. I can tell you some personal experiences with those. Never again, will there be an energy drink in my system.. Ever.

Stormin2u 05-23-2015 11:34 AM

Your right Chris that does suck! Hang in there and stay positive it really makes a difference.

Hunter711 05-23-2015 11:37 AM

SEXY! But I believe the rubberized nonslip part faces down. The way you're wearing them is for drunken stupor's crawlin' on the floor. :lmao:

You're doing it all wrong. :flipoff:

Get well soon man. "thumbsup"

PS: I have more than a few pares myself.

Dad,Canyoufix? 05-23-2015 01:05 PM

From what my wife(RN with a masters in nursing education,could be more to that, I wear a helmet incase I fall) tells me, a lot of cases of Acute Pancreatitis are diagnosed with unknown causes(not saying energy drinks couldn't be to blame). I on the other hand have no medical back ground and wish you a speedy and safe recovery.

Crank 05-23-2015 02:31 PM

They always say no alcohol.. i think its a conspiracy.

Hope ya feel better."thumbsup"

neillarson 05-23-2015 02:53 PM

Wow, that sucks. Take care.

Duuuuuuuude 05-23-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad,Canyoufix? (Post 5230508)
From what my wife(RN with a masters in nursing education,could be more to that, I wear a helmet incase I fall) tells me, a lot of cases of Acute Pancreatitis are diagnosed with unknown causes(not saying energy drinks couldn't be to blame). I on the other hand have no medical back ground and wish you a speedy and safe recovery.

They didn't ask about the drinks, and I didn't volunteer the info. Cutting back is something that was already planned.

The dr had made two conclusions, it was either A) the pain pill I took shortly before for my migraine didn't dissolve as quickly as it should have and caused some digestive havoc that irritated the pancreas, or B) it could be gall stones. I'll know more when I see my family dr.

TEDROCKZ 05-23-2015 05:40 PM

Man, if you needed socks you shoulda just ask us! A 10 for effort though"thumbsup"

Really though be careful and follow through could be some serious shite. Luv and hugs....:flipoff::mrgreen:

BigSki 05-23-2015 06:08 PM

Here's hoping that it was option 'A' for you! Glad to hear that the wife was home to help you get to the ER. "thumbsup"

lonleycreeper 05-23-2015 06:41 PM

I battled the pancreatitis caused by gall stones,about a year ago... not fun, got my pair of socks in the drawer now, get well soon.