Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: no thread on the shooting in VA this morning?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default no thread on the shooting in VA this morning?

thoughts on the shooting on live tv?
b00st3d-vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: no thread on the shooting in VA this morning?

Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I thoughts it suck for the people that lost their lives by some crazy person with a gun.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:19 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

my thoughts and prayers go out to those directly affected...and to all of us living in this day and age.
jamesthe1v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

These threads never end well.
donny8594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
Custom Carbon Fiber

Coward - should have just eaten the bullet himself on camera.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Gonna Get Me a Shotgun
Performed by Garrett Morris on 24 Jan 1976 (Peter Cook and Dudley Moore)

I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see,
I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see.
When I kill all the whities I see, then whitey he won't bother me,
I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see.

Then I'll get a white woman who's wearing a navy blue sweater.

Last edited by Dostradamas; 08-26-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

This dude was(so glad this motherf*cker is dead) a sick bastard. The video he posts of the murders on his Facebook page & YouTube were taken down...for violating policy of shocking and disgusting content. What the f!ck I saw a still from the video, he straight up walked up to the reporter and shot her...I just don't even know anymore man...

Last edited by NoobCrawler; 08-26-2015 at 06:25 PM.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

The reporters were racists, duh.

It's open season on anyone deemed a racist. Reminds me of when they used to hunt witches.

Racism is the reason for blacks getting killed and racism is the reason for blacks killing others. That's convenient.

Last edited by RANOVRU; 08-26-2015 at 06:56 PM.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #10
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
This dude was(so glad this motherf*cker is dead) a sick bastard. The video he posts of the murders on his Facebook page & YouTube were taken down...for violating policy of shocking and disgusting content. What the f!ck I saw a still from the video, he straight up walked up to the reporter and shot her...I just don't even know anymore man...
I saw the vid before it was taken down. He didn't just walk up and shoot. He walked up, stood there for a few seconds (nobody realized he was there), pointed the gun at the reporter for a few more seconds (still nobody seems to notice him), brings the gun back down, shuffled around for a bit, then finally raised it back up and started shooting. He probably got three rounds in her before she took off running, then a couple more in her direction, then he drops the camera and empties the magazine. Very disturbing and surreal to watch. Apparently he had faxed a 24 page manifesto to an ABC station, but it's been taken for the investigation.

According to the news reports, he had a history of anger issues.

I wish he would have lived so that he could face the families and friends of the people he killed, and suffer through whatever horrors that a prison sentence would have brought him.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
MODERATOR™

Yeah but then people bitch that their taxes are paying for the tard to still be alive… etc.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #12
Suck it up!

He doesn't need to be left alive for too long...

We really need an island to send all these fawked up people to so they can just sit and rot.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Media should act responsibly with matters related to race.
This race war is a vicious cycle that goes on for generations.

His fax mentioned something about a revenge for church killing. This is how people get programmed by main stream media.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
I thoughts it suck for the people that lost their lives by some crazy person.
I agree.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #15
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
His fax mentioned something about a revenge for church killing. This is how people get programmed by main stream media.
No, that is how crazy people justify their already twisted interpretation of reality. The shooter had a long, documented history of misplaced anger.

The sad thing is that what really needs to happen won't, and that is a serious, sit down, lets-figure-out-some-reasonable-way-to-curb-this-shit discussion concerning gun laws. But it won't, because the gun advocates will shit themselves making wild claims about taking away everyones liberties and evoking the name of Hitler.

Our society and culture today is not what it was when the Constitution was written. Some people simply should not have access to firearms. Just this year there have been 250 mass shootings, almost as many as there was in all of last year.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:56 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

We really need an island to send all these fawked up people to so they can just sit and rot.

LOL thats how Australia was created, all the criminals from Great Britain

there's still more good in the world then bad though. ever since the attack in the recruiting station in TN theres been a group of Vietnam vets that take turns standing watch at my NRS with AK's and AR's. completely voluntary
winner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

The fact is the cat is out of the bag, the guns are everywhere and everyone has them. Odds are
some idiots have them and some nutters as well. If they don't have one, they'll find one.

You need more people with concealed firearms imo.

Only way to at least save some lives.

Our prime minister is an idiot. He said today the reason why Australia has less gun violence is our strict
gun laws. Which does help the fact but he didn't even mention that you have 321.5 million people and we have
about 24 million.
thecrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I saw the vid before it was taken down. He didn't just walk up and shoot. He walked up, stood there for a few seconds (nobody realized he was there), pointed the gun at the reporter for a few more seconds (still nobody seems to notice him), brings the gun back down, shuffled around for a bit, then finally raised it back up and started shooting. He probably got three rounds in her before she took off running, then a couple more in her direction, then he drops the camera and empties the magazine. Very disturbing and surreal to watch. Apparently he had faxed a 24 page manifesto to an ABC station, but it's been taken for the investigation.

According to the news reports, he had a history of anger issues.

I wish he would have lived so that he could face the families and friends of the people he killed, and suffer through whatever horrors that a prison sentence would have brought him.
Ahh, okay. I was just going off a few stills that we're posted, and he was pretty damn close to her. I didn't get to his video in time.

Quote:
No, that is how crazy people justify their already twisted interpretation of reality. The shooter had a long, documented history of misplaced anger.

The sad thing is that what really needs to happen won't, and that is a serious, sit down, lets-figure-out-some-reasonable-way-to-curb-this-shit discussion concerning gun laws. But it won't, because the gun advocates will shit themselves making wild claims about taking away everyones liberties and evoking the name of Hitler.

Our society and culture today is not what it was when the Constitution was written. Some people simply should not have access to firearms. Just this year there have been 250 mass shootings, almost as many as there was in all of last year.
There definitely needs to be a better solution for this. As memory serves(which is shoddy for the most part) but in the recent and past few years shootings, the guns were obtained illegally, yes? Imposing more gun laws are what, I think, gets the advocates riled up, because all the new laws would do is make it more difficult for those law abiding ones.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:32 PM   #19
Suck it up!

Quote:
Ahh, okay. I was just going off a few stills that we're posted, and he was pretty damn close to her. I didn't get to his video in time.
I'd guess he was 8-10 ft away. Probably expecting (and wanting) a reaction the first time he drew, and made him pause to think when it didn't happen. Probably just pissed him off even more because he didn't hesitate the second time.

Quote:
There definitely needs to be a better solution for this. As memory serves(which is shoddy for the most part) but in the recent and past few years shootings, the guns were obtained illegally, yes? Imposing more gun laws are what, I think, gets the advocates riled up, because all the new laws would do is make it more difficult for those law abiding ones.
Not always. A good portion were purchased legally by the shooters. This mornings shooting was done with a legally obtained handgun. On the other hand, the Sandy Hook shooter had full (albeit illegal) access to almost all of his mothers weaponry, which was incredibly irresponsible on her part.

We don't need "more" gun laws, we need "different" gun laws.

We need more attention paid to mental health. If you have a history of depression or anger management or PTSD or any garden variety mental disorder, you should have to be cleared with a psych eval before you're allowed to own a firearm. That goes for service members returning from combat too. Not everybody walks away with a clear head, and we've had our share of military personnel going on rampages.

We need stiffer penalties for being irresponsible. If someone steals a weapon from you that was not reasonably secured, you will bear a great deal of the responsibility for their actions. Or if you give or sell them a weapon. Or if your irresponsibility directly harms yourself or others. Take the guy that shot himself last week guarding the survival/gun store in Oklahoma. The dumbass should lose his pew pew rights for a year. He's damn lucky that he didn't kill someone.

Simply banning guns won't fix anything, nor will limiting ammo capacity (though it does limit casualties). The bad people will still find a way to get around that if they try hard enough.

I am all for the 2nd Amendment, and I'm not suggesting we take anything from responsible and respectful gun owners. Concealed carry or open carry (when appropriate, you don't need a friggin AK to run to the corner store for milk) is fine by me too. Too many people are simply not taking gun ownership seriously. Firearms are only designed to do one thing, and if you can't respect that, you should not be allowed to have one. It needs to be pounded back into peoples heads that guns are not things to be taken lightly.

Also in the news: yesterday, a 3rd grader brought a loaded .38 to class and discharged it in his desk. Today, a 14 yr old held his class hostage with a gun he brought from home.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:51 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:

Just like the movie "Escape From New York"
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote

no thread on the shooting in VA this morning? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skeet shooting? ROWDY RACING Chit Chat 1 01-06-2011 03:03 PM
Ak 47 shooting twisted Chit Chat 53 01-26-2009 09:51 AM
This is what im shooting for??? piccorevo Tamiya Clod Buster 21 09-16-2007 06:58 PM