Notices

Thread: Internet dating.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #41
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: Internet dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
Don't give up. After turning a thousand stones, one finds a jem. Same with life;)
That's how I've always looked at it... like the lotto, you gotta play to win.

Besides, anticipation of what could be is half the fun.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2015, 10:55 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Just an update on my dating because I know everyone is so very interested. lol.

Anyway the internet hasn't been successful what so ever. I'm back with an ex from
the past and were officially back together, after a few weeks of me spending money and being
on my best behaviour. Were both happy, and in love, and actually got torn apart a few years ago
and neither of us wanted to break up, but anyway...

Just thought i'd share with the brethren some interesting things that have been happening.
Maybe in the effort to help out some brothers looking for love.

Since i've been with her and it's official I have been getting chatted up by women, flat out,
in real life situations. They even do it when she's around. I don't know whether it's because
i'm confident around her or happy, probably a combination of a few things, but its out of
control.

To the point where it's causing tension between us.

None of this really ever happened before, not like this. One girl actually asked me to go camping,
all of these girls have been very attractive which makes my girlfriend more annoyed.

You need to be happy in yourself and engage women in real life, from what ive seen anyway.

Do you guys get this? You get a girlfriend/partner/wife/whatever and all of sudden you're
getting attention from people? people flirting with you?

I just let it go and don't mention it to her after it happens because she is already jealous
but in my head i'm thinking "WTF just happened?" lol.
thecrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #43
MODERATOR™

The beard.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:24 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

The psycology that generates within women from internal competition to find the best possible mate/provider.

Beard with women (1) is more lucrative for women (2), (3), (4).....

Internal content and happiness shows and women pick it up subconciously faster than men.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:17 AM   #45
Pebble Pounder

What's interesting is my girlfriend is very attractive and gets attention all the time. It gives me a bit
of anxiety when were out sometimes but whatever. She looks like Sandra Bullock mixed with Kim Kardashian.
She is used to the attention and i'm used to having to deal with it.

I arguably look like a try hard bikie wizard and most people seem a bit scared to talk to me
let alone chat me up. Especially cute younger girls, who I would think where wanting someone that shaves
their chest. Now that i'm getting attention she really doesn't like it. I'll ride it out for a bit and
see what happens.

Must be the energy.

Maybe the beard ;)
Old 10-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
Met my wife on Mirc, an internet chat room client..we will celebrate out 17th anniversary on the ninth of this month

Sweet, I met my wife on IRC as well.....next april will be our 19th wedding anniversary....

Good to see I was not the only guy picking up chicks online in the 90s.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:19 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

I met my wife through a friend, but had a few unforgettable nights due to IRC hookups in the 90's!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:58 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Ashley is not really a dating site. It is a cheating site. It's a little different.

Quote:
Few weeks ago Ashley Madison a dating website was in news. Its no suprise these dating websites create fake profiles.
Ashley Madison hack: Former employee claims she made hundreds of fake 'alluring female' profiles as million-pound lawsuits launched | News | The Independent

You need to keep a positive attitude towards finding a quality women. There will be failures, but eventually you will find the right person. Apart from dating websites, join some classes or get outgoing.
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:11 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukwylde View Post
Ashley is not really a dating site. It is a cheating site. It's a little different.
Yes I am aware of that. Got to know about that website when it hit the internet news. It was in our local newspaper as well.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:24 AM   #50
RCC Addict

I went through this a couple of years ago. my buddy told me to try it out. she had success, so why not me. well turns out a lot of the women are looking for Channing Tatum...with money. of course I have neither.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Lol yeah I remember whenever I saw pretty Asian chicks - like 9 out of ten beauty type- it was a given that if you looked at the profile there would be a minimum income of $100k before they would talk to you.

Not that other races did not do that, but with the Japanese chicks this was required almost 100% of the time.
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrusader View Post
....Since i've been with her and it's official I have been getting chatted up by women, flat out,
in real life situations. They even do it when she's around. I don't know whether it's because
i'm confident around her or happy, probably a combination of a few things, but its out of
control....

To the point where it's causing tension between us.

None of this really ever happened before, not like this. One girl actually asked me to go camping,
all of these girls have been very attractive which makes my girlfriend more annoyed.

You need to be happy in yourself and engage women in real life, from what ive seen anyway.

Do you guys get this? You get a girlfriend/partner/wife/whatever and all of sudden you're
getting attention from people? people flirting with you?

I just let it go and don't mention it to her after it happens because she is already jealous
but in my head i'm thinking "WTF just happened?" lol.
Thanks for the update, I've been wondering what happened.

Yes, get a steady girl, get engaged, get married and suddenly the opportunity pops up everywhere. Be careful and don't give in to temptation or you'll end up with neither woman. When women see you happy, confident and don't care if you talk with them....then they want to talk with you and more. Cool, but very frustrating sometimes and will cause you trouble other times lol.

Quote:
The psycology that generates within women from internal competition to find the best possible mate/provider.

Beard with women (1) is more lucrative for women (2), (3), (4).....

Internal content and happiness shows and women pick it up subconciously faster than men.
That maybe why, hadn't thought about it quite like that. Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
I went through this a couple of years ago. my buddy told me to try it out. she had success, so why not me. well turns out a lot of the women are looking for Channing Tatum...with money. of course I have neither.
Yes, there's much excess expectations on both sides and often nobody bothers to take a look at themselves first (more about the person whom you are, not the physical look) although both are factors.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post

Yes, there's much excess expectations on both sides and often nobody bothers to take a look at themselves first (more about the person whom you are, not the physical look) although both are factors.
:thumbsup:

That saying 'It takes time to know a person' is very true.

Life experiences shape our character and there is always a 'good' hidden within every character.
There is a stage in life where people around us become more important than money and materialistic needs. That stage is when a persons character becomes prominant than external looks. Some never reach that stage.

P.S - Those 'Earn 100k then I will talk to you' women........please don't try to find the good in their character. Its hidden too deep
Old 10-16-2015, 05:47 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

I actually downloaded an APP called POF so fair its been great. Iv got a women for everyday of the week.
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
:thumbsup:

That saying 'It takes time to know a person' is very true.

Life experiences shape our character and there is always a 'good' hidden within every character.
There is a stage in life where people around us become more important than money and materialistic needs. That stage is when a persons character becomes prominant than external looks. Some never reach that stage.

P.S - Those 'Earn 100k then I will talk to you' women........please don't try to find the good in their character. Its hidden too deep
Yes, but I've found some have no good...but more have a hidden good than those who don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskills View Post
I actually downloaded an APP called POF so fair its been great. Iv got a women for everyday of the week.
Plenty of Fish??? Couple friends who used that reported same bs as all the other dating sites...but whatever works for you. It's all about expectations (and do you want a future mate, a fling, or), how you present yourself, and well....are you a slob, etc? This is not directed at you or anyone in particular.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

I think if you're just looking to hook up with women it's great and for shy people
or people that can't/don't want to meet people in public for various reasons it's good.

One thing you miss out on is the first impression and interaction that you get in public,
accidental, initial seeing of someone for the first time, if you're both on the back foot
(attracted to eachother) and having to talk to them, it can be distracting, anxious, hell,
you can forget how to speak or walk.

That's what can be so special about the whole thing. Then you walk away wondering
if they felt what you did or what your next move should be. A cheeky smile and bit of a flirt
can have both people wondering for the whole day what the hell happened.
More often for me this happens when shopping.

You can tell a lot by talking to someone, a lot that you cant tell by reading a profile
or clicking "yes"on a girl.

All has its place I guess.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:16 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Yes, but I've found some have no good...but more have a hidden good than those who don't.

Plenty of Fish??? Couple friends who used that reported same bs as all the other dating sites...but whatever works for you. It's all about expectations (and do you want a future mate, a fling, or), how you present yourself, and well....are you a slob, etc? This is not directed at you or anyone in particular.

LOL im very clean cut,job,house on the beach car and bike. Im just looking for fun right now. Plus being a single dad is huge. my boy is 3 hes my wing man...

Last edited by Ohioskills; 10-19-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:44 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
LOL im very clean cut,job,house on the beach car and bike. Im just looking for fun right now. Plus being a single dad is huge. my boy is 3 hes my wing man...
You have two kids, right? A son and a daughter...
Old 10-21-2015, 05:43 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You have two kids, right? A son and a daughter...
The woman I was with had a girl. I raised her as my own but after everything happened went back to her real dad. So its just me an my boy.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:12 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The woman I was with had a girl. I raised her as my own but after everything happened went back to her real dad. So its just me an my boy.
Thanks for clearing that.

I remember last year just a few weeks before chrismas your kids lost their mom. I knew what you and the kids were going through when there were celebrations everywhere. If I had won the chrismas giveaway last year, then that crawler was going to come your way to lighten up your kids grief.

Glad to know you and the kids have moved on

Internet dating. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How well do you know the internet? jason Chit Chat 28 05-27-2014 11:30 AM
The Internet Mayhem Eng. Chit Chat 10 02-07-2013 09:33 PM
What is the Internet? constantmotion Chit Chat 1 01-31-2011 09:03 AM
Internet TV tom@vp Chit Chat 18 10-14-2009 01:45 PM
Ever posted on a dating service website...i did! jamesbernatchez Chit Chat 14 09-10-2007 09:00 PM