RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   OnePlus 2 invites...want one? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/547780-oneplus-2-invites-want-one.html)

chicklet 10-25-2015 08:25 AM

OnePlus 2 invites...want one?

If anyone is interested in a OnePlus 2 invite...I have 3.

Just PM me your email address and I will email you the code.

Code is free, not selling them. Just make sure you use the code, it expires.

***mods if this needs to be moved, sorry. Not sure if it needed to go in the for sale forum or not.

ROWDY RACING 10-25-2015 09:16 AM

Re: OnePlus 2 invites...want one?

Is this some sort of swingers thing?

chicklet 10-25-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 5319503)

Haha good one :lmao:

WHITE-TRASH 10-25-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Yes unfortunately it's MMM. :shock:

chicklet 10-25-2015 01:30 PM

OnePlus

RANOVRU 10-25-2015 03:20 PM

Wow, an octacore processor, I didn't even know there were phones with hexacore processors yet.

Course I'm not much of a tech geek either....

chicklet 10-26-2015 06:11 AM

Bang for the buck, its a great unlocked/no contract phone. I love my oneplus 2!

BUBBA069 10-26-2015 06:11 AM

I'll stick with my Note 5. "thumbsup"

ROWDY RACING 10-26-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicklet (Post 5319907)
Bang for the buck

I knew it!

chicklet 10-26-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUBBA069 (Post 5319908)
I'll stick with my Note 5. "thumbsup"

I did love my samsung phones until I got the oneplus 1 and now the 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 5319918)
I knew it!

;-)

:lol:

BigSki 10-26-2015 09:35 PM

Tell me more about these phones- I'm beyond ready to dump my S4 and tell verizon to kiss me arse...

chicklet 10-27-2015 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSki (Post 5320395)
Tell me more about these phones- I'm beyond ready to dump my S4 and tell verizon to kiss me arse...

I've heard not so good things about verizon. I ditched my Samsungs for the oneplus. I'll never go back to an iPhone. I love my Apple computers but will never have an iphone again.

I have AT&T, you have to have a SIM card phone. ATT/tmobile/etc (oneplus doesn't work with verizon). These phones are awesome for what you get (for the $$$). I actually have a OnePlus one that I could let go of if you want to try out the Oneplus brand. If you move carriers, you would just need to establish a new line and get a nano sim card. The Oneplus1 acutally takes the micro sim...but I'd go ahead and get the nano and get a sim card adapter (the oneplus2 takes a nano). I love the fact that they are unbranded. No carrier forcing you to pay their contracts to get a new phone or pushing updates when you don't want them.

I'm out of the One plus 2 invites. You can buy a code on eBay...I should have more invites but don't know when.

The OneplusX is going to be announced in a few days.

Habanero 10-27-2015 06:45 AM

My iPhone just recently became a wifi hotspot. I can connect my old (non cellular) tablet to it and operate it anywhere now. Yeah those updates are b.s why would anyone want that? :roll:

chicklet 10-27-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habanero (Post 5320545)
My iPhone just recently became a wifi hotspot. I can connect my old (non cellular) tablet to it and operate it anywhere now. Yeah those updates are b.s why would anyone want that? :roll:

Updates are only good when you want them. In your case, it was a plus for you. AT&T would constantly push updates to my phone. I could decline them but it would eventually do it anyways. I needed to make a phone call one day and it was temporarily locked due to an update from the carrier. Too much control over my phone.

With the oneplus, I can control what I want my apps to access. You'd be surprised of what apps can access on your phone.

wings_of_fire 10-27-2015 08:59 AM

I never understood the love for Iphone. But then I am the guy that rarely changes his watch and cell phone.

Couple days ago my friends HTC 820 updated from android 4 to 5.
The update was some 500mb. wtf!.

There is a lot of tracking going on with smart phones and that is going to be a major issue with time.

OP, thanks for bringing the 1+2 phone into limelight. The octa processor is intresting but with only 1.8GHz.

wings_of_fire 10-27-2015 09:21 AM

Forgot to mention, A chinese cell mfg company Xiaomi had a software in its phones that secretly sent data back to a chinese server. India banned its sale until the issue was rectified.

Oneplus is a chinese company with a lucrative offer..... just saying

binaryterror 10-27-2015 09:59 AM

The only updates a carrier (doesn't matter which) can push to an iPhone is carrier settings. These same settings are also applied to Androids, however you don't see them or get a choice when they get installed at all unless you have a rooted phone and even though the 1+1 and 1+2 are "rooted" they too allow carrier updates to install on push anytime the phone is charging.

The remaining updates are pushed from Apple themselves, their goal is to give you a working secure phone, unlike Samsung/Motorola who wait months and years to allow a new Android version to work on your phone - thanks for the lack of security.

Though I am contemplating trying Android again, but it will be a Nexus phone made by LG only.

chicklet 10-27-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wings_of_fire (Post 5320607)
Forgot to mention, A chinese cell mfg company Xiaomi had a software in its phones that secretly sent data back to a chinese server. India banned its sale until the issue was rectified.

Oneplus is a chinese company with a lucrative offer..... just saying

India has a huge following with the Oneplus company. I would have to say if it isn't banned right now that its clear from that. I have not heard of Xiaomi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaryterror (Post 5320631)
The only updates a carrier (doesn't matter which) can push to an iPhone is carrier settings. These same settings are also applied to Androids, however you don't see them or get a choice when they get installed at all unless you have a rooted phone and even though the 1+1 and 1+2 are "rooted" they too allow carrier updates to install on push anytime the phone is charging.

The remaining updates are pushed from Apple themselves, their goal is to give you a working secure phone, unlike Samsung/Motorola who wait months and years to allow a new Android version to work on your phone - thanks for the lack of security.

Though I am contemplating trying Android again, but it will be a Nexus phone made by LG only.

I had a corrupt update on my iphone that followed me through 3 iphones. I had 2 phones replaced by apple to try and clear the corrupt files. It was buried in itunes and I would have to ditch my account and start from scratch...wasn't going to do that. After that, I switched to Android and never will look back.

I have been watching Nexus...that would be the only other phone that would get me to leave my OPT.

binaryterror 10-27-2015 01:06 PM

Yeah I like where the One Plus is going, just not sure I want to run on Cyanogen Mod OS just yet.

chicklet 10-27-2015 01:22 PM

The new OxygenOS has some more features that I like compared to Cyanogen Mod. But then there are things that I like about the old op system. OnePlus is learning and growing from their first phone and first operating system partnership. The new X will be interesting. I've heard different rumors. Some say better than the OP2, some say its a smaller phone/less features with a smaller price tag. I'm just glad my phone has the USB type C charging port. I hate the mini usb crap. Its like putting a cassette tape in the player upside down. Apple did great with the lightening cable, now they're moving to usb-c. Usb-c is a winner in my book. I hope most all electronics now forward will use it.