RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Narrowing my beadlocks (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/552727-narrowing-my-beadlocks.html)

Zrock 12-29-2015 08:51 AM

Narrowing my beadlocks

Want to narrow the stock beadlocks on my AX10. Wondering how much i should cut out?

Joshs4x4toyz 12-30-2015 02:31 AM

Re: Narrowing my beadlocks

That would depend on how wide you want them, hence the narrowing correct?

Zrock 12-31-2015 08:41 AM

Wow now that was helpfull

Soldat Vaillant 12-31-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zrock (Post 5405529)

no reason for you to be snippy, the only one who can answer your question is you. how much do you want to narrow the wheels by, 10mm, 5mm, 1/4"? we don't know what you're trying to accomplish by narrowing these wheels so how much you "should cut out" is only something you can answer

chino63 01-01-2016 09:07 AM

I agree with ^^^, don't get upset that we can't think for you or give you instant gratification. You need to figure out what width will work for you, not every rig is the same. Tires, wheelbase, how much scale stuff is glued to your truck, etc. there is more info here on RCC than you will find anywhere, just do some reading.... or start cutting and see how it works out.

Joshs4x4toyz 01-01-2016 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zrock (Post 5405529)

Anytime, I do what I can bud8)

Are you wanting a width similar to vp slw's? Custom CF wheels? Or scaler kind of width? All around I prefer a 1" width.

Let us know which tires you're wanting and we can give you a very good idea. I really meant nothing by the post, kind of hard to give the proper tone through interwebs, but maybe I'll ask the necessary questions instead leaving it like that:mrgreen:"thumbsup"

EDIT: these guys already got the q's covered

Zrock 01-01-2016 10:20 PM

Not really trying to accomplish much. It's winter and I'm bored and I like to tinker. Was hoping with narowing them that it will make the tire taller and narrower. Giving a little better ground clearence, less rubbing on body and springs and possibly a little better stearing response. The crawler is actually my 6 year old girls fav out of the 5 we have. So it's something we can tinker on togeather. Unmounted one today and messed around with it and did not seem like it was going to accomplish what I wanted anyway

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Joshs4x4toyz 01-02-2016 01:41 AM

Yeah I hear ya. Sometimes certain wheels just don't play nice with narrowing. If ya don't mind glue on, search the DE Borrego wheels. They're around 10 bucks a set, narrow very well (if they're not narrow enough for ya already) and there's a thread on modding them for slw hubs. You can do a lot with them and other 2.2 buggy wheels I'm sure.8)

Zrock 01-02-2016 10:08 AM

May be going in a diffrent direction now. Their is a set of portal axles for sale close by.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk