Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2020, 12:28 PM   #2221
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Yep that's FedEx for you.

BTW your signature links to an Instagram account that doesn't exist and it's completely different than the one you posted above with the SCX24 posts.
Yup, that’s what I’m thinking too

I need to change that link, I dropped GreenJeep when I scrapped the XJ 2 months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I too recently ordered a Clod. Well, I ordered the axles from a Clod to go with a different chassis.

The original Clod never captivated me as much as the 4 link conversion chassis builds from back in the day. The Clodzilla II was the coolest thing ever to younger me.

With the revival of solid axle monster trucks going on, it seems like as good of a time as any to build something I always wanted.
Looks good! This will one of those R/Cs that remains stock other than bearings.........for now anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
If it's coming by FEDEX, it'll probably go through several SE Asian countries before it gets to you
That wouldn’t be a shock, so long as it doesn’t look like this by the time I get it

That may have been a UPS delivery, but Fed-Ex was rarely better..........
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2020, 10:04 AM   #2222
I wanna be Dave

Went on A-Main and ordered a set of Fast Eddy’s bearings for the Clod and my Pede, no clue what I’m going to do for servos or how to set it up with 4WS so that the axles can be steered independently of each other......maybe need to research that while I’m waiting on the bearings.....

Quick update, the SCX24 batteries and the Clod both arrived today
Attached Images

Last edited by BJoe; 05-13-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #2223
I wanna be Dave

That's good, and the box isn't damaged, even better
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:58 PM   #2224
RCC Addict

some new cheap tools

And something to take with me when I'm traveling for work that I can use in Clean parking lots, maybe find some others to race with. May take it to the local Carpet Trake on open track day to play around and see how I can do, hopefully not breaking it in the process.

Always wanted to get an FG F1 Comp. But this will do for now. lol
Xray 2018 Team Spec Formula One. New, fully built, with a Hobbywing Justock ESC and a Ready ROAR 10.5t fixed timing motor.
Has a decent Savox 1245 (think that's the number) steering servo. Got it ARTR only needing my radio and a battery to run.
Got it for a bit less than the cost of the kit itself. Guy was going to race in Cali, but Cali is locked down, so he built it end of winter and now can't race.

This will be a fun change. I grew up watching F1 so it will be at home here, even if I don't get to run it much.

Last edited by Timmahh; 05-13-2020 at 08:08 PM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:08 AM   #2225
Rock Crawler

That parcel in the picture, thats how one of my friends largest gasoline boats arrived.

But the funny / most infuriating thing was.

1: the parcel had been opned in customs, when they do that they of course close it again, with their own customs tape.

2: But when the parcel arrived at my friends door it looked 2X worse than the parcel in that picture in one end, and the pretty well backaged large boat inside had cracked gelcoat and a damaged rudder.

But Danish postal went Nooooooo that's not something we did you must contact the people who sent it.
But the kicker is, the customs tape was following the cardboard creases just fine, and if that had been put on after those creases came to be the customs tape would just go across the top of the creases in the cardboard.

And the boat was packaged well, the outside dimensions of the parcel was just about 2 x 2 feet and 6 - 7 feet long, so the boat was padded with at least 5 inches of Styrofoam on all sides.

And as it would have cost the price of the boat to send it back ( also very expensive in Denmark ) then in the end after postal misplaced it for a few months, we just had to fix it as good as we could.

My friend have a cloud too.
Actually he have 3 but the axles of two of them are put under a DIY 8X8

Last edited by Peaker; 05-14-2020 at 01:17 AM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:54 PM   #2226
RCC Addict

I’ve got a vs410 pro and quality electronics coming in the mail along with replacement locked up 1.75mm socket drivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:01 PM   #2227
Pebble Pounder

(Insert Butthead voice) Huh huh... Huh huh... I got wood! Huh huh... Huh Huh...

Framing for the floating deck I was supposed to build last year.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:08 PM   #2228
Rock Crawler

Wood is not bad, easy to work with.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:31 PM   #2229
RCC Addict

SSD 1.9 Trail Beadlock Rims (Orange Beadlock Rings coming) wearing a set of ProLine Class 1 Hyrax 1.9 shows in G8 compound

Got those along with a handful of other parts for the 2 current builds I have coming in every few days. This was Fridays order from Amain.

Then Saturday got the RPP order in. Easier to run a vid of it so here is that order of new goodies.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:37 PM   #2230
Rock Crawler

Put in on a charity auction for a autographed card from kate courtney. One of my handful of favorite riders in the sport of mtn biking.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:27 PM   #2231
I wanna be Dave

No pics, but I got my Fast Eddy’s bearings for the Clod and Pede in the mail today then Dad and Sister made Sams Club run and were able to get a ZAGG glass screen protector for my iPhone while they were there. Still waiting on the Cricut Maker I ordered to give my Sister for Mother’s Day, but that should finally arrive on Thursday this week.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:00 PM   #2232
Quarry Creeper

Another SBA3 brace, a Hornady ultrasonic cleaner, and another 5,000rds of the stuff my .22s love.

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:44 PM   #2233
Quarry Creeper

Ordered these parts last month and forgot about them. Nice surprise in the mail box today.

I'm still waiting on another metal locker and some more stainless steel hardware before I tear down my GS02 to rebuild it.

Raguvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #2234
Rock Crawler

Thats a neat little sonic cleaner.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:13 PM   #2235
RCC Addict

My recent haul from Home Depot. I got a Milwaukee pack out for in the house tool and rc storage (definitely glad I went with a regular tool box at work), I also got the Milwaukee m12 rotary tool and some more gel threadlock. Not pictured is a pack of 1.5A m12 battery’s and Milwaukee drill bits for the Milwaukee electric screwdriver.

I’ve been thinking about getting a Dremel to keep at work as it would be useful as I build electrical control panels mostly in steel and stainless. The dremel can easily clean up some cuts from a uni bit and jigsaw. My work doesn’t really supply any tools which sucked. Now the old plug in Dremel can go to work or I’ll cave in and buy another Milwaukee one and more m12 batteries.

Also just last night the gun I’ve been wanting to get for a wile finally came back in stock. It did a few weeks ago as well but I was too late. This time I didn’t hesitate and pulled the trigger immediately. I got a sar K2 in 45. Mine won’t have any of the chrome parts, it’s all black.

More rc stuff coming soon

Old 05-22-2020, 02:36 PM   #2236
Rock Crawler

Black in beautiful.
In a gun too. ( also not a big fan of flashy guns )
Old 05-22-2020, 02:45 PM   #2237
RCC Addict

As most of what I ordered has finally come in, I’ll add the rc stuff to the recent buys.

I picked up a spektrum xbc100 to use as a servo tester along with the adapter amain said I needed which was wrong! It uses an ic3 connector and every battery I have uses deans and I dont plan on switching, id have to swap the connector on multiple packs and 15+ rc. I also picked up the factory team shock/ diff fluid storage bag to keep it all together along with 10 packs of 4mm Bullet connectors for the mamba x escs I have going in a few cars.

I also picked up 2 sets of prospec slash shocks to run on the ifs wraith.

And onto the newest addition to the ever growing fleet, I picked up a tf2 lwb kit along with most of what I need to build it

Old 05-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #2238
I wanna be Dave

Ordered a Cricut Maker to give my Sister for Mother's Day and it finally arrived this morning!
Old 05-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #2239
RCC Addict

Had various Build parts come in over the week. Most of them can be seen being installed on the 2 SSD/RC4WD Blazer builds I have going on.

Also working on a "SECRET" Project will will ensure better rig performance, as well as better Driver Performance. a few of the last bits for that came in today too.
Won't see pics/chat/vid of that until it is properly working and I am able to offer to those interested.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:17 AM   #2240
Quarry Creeper

The video card I ordered 5 weeks ago still hasn't come, so I cancelled that order and upgraded the rest of my PC. Ryzen 5 3600X, 2x16gb DDR4 3200 MHz
I'm waiting for the new 30 series RTX cards to come out now.

HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM