Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2020, 08:55 AM   #2401
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I've loved those wheels shown on the blue Golf since I first saw them online - really clean design, perfect for VW/Audi performance cars....

They poke a little more than I’d like. So I’ll get out the old bat (actually a cut off shovel handle) and see if I can roll the fenders a 1/4” maybe.

Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2020, 10:02 AM   #2402
Quarry Creeper

^^Looks good!
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 01:20 PM   #2403
I wanna be Dave

In late 2018, Tamiya was prepping to issue a rereleases of their famed Grasshopper & Hornet buggies, in honor of their 35th Anniversary (both were released in 1984...oh, how I remember wanting one). Additionally, in other areas of the RC market, Tamiya reached out to a few select small businesses, to produce 35th Anniversary-themed versions of their products.

One of those selected was Mini Cat Racing USA, which primarily produced micro-size RTR & ARTR boats based on Tenshock hulls. In true/accurate fashion, Frank Evans was even designated as the "driver". Last week, I can across someone on the RC Groups forum who just happened to have one of each, NIB, for sale. As I had always wanted the originally Grasshopper, I jumped at the chance to grab the Grasshopper-themed hydro. The hull is 15" L, with an 8" beam, and am overall depth (not including rudder) of 2.5". Right now, I'm busy getting 'floatation' (pool noodles, cut & shaped) installed into the bow & canopy. I might also add some at the rear of the hull, just below each of the stabilizer fins. My hope is to have her in the water, for her maiden voyage, within the next couple of weeks.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 07-28-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #2404
Rock Crawler

Finally got my hands on the hotwheels jeep gladiator. I'm not really a collector of hotwheels but when it I find one that looks like one of my rc truck build I like to get one. Maybe the closest thing I'll get to owning a gladiator lol.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:45 PM   #2405
Rock Crawler

I remember back in the day all the guys ran a boat called Arrow ( i think it was Graupner )
With a 3.5 CC nitro in it it also moved pretty good

But then one of the guys got his hand on a competition 15 CCM boat, and suddenly the arrows was standing still.
The 15 ccm boat looked something like this.

Do remember this was in the late 80ties
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:55 PM   #2406
RCC Addict

Few small things over the last few days, will get pics tomorrow and post.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:43 AM   #2407
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
In late 2018, Tamiya was prepping to issue a rereleases of their famed Grasshopper & Hornet buggies, in honor of their 35th Anniversary (both were released in 1984...oh, how I remember wanting one). Additionally, in other areas of the RC market, Tamiya reached out to a few select small businesses, to produce 35th Anniversary-themed versions of their products.

One of those selected was Mini Cat Racing USA, which primarily produced micro-size RTR & ARTR boats based on Tenshock hulls. In true/accurate fashion, Frank Evans was even designated as the "driver". Last week, I can across someone on the RC Groups forum who just happened to have one of each, NIB, for sale. As I had always wanted the originally Grasshopper, I jumped at the chance to grab the Grasshopper-themed hydro. The hull is 15" L, with an 8" beam, and am overall depth (not including rudder) of 2.5". Right now, I'm busy getting 'floatation' (pool noodles, cut & shaped) installed into the bow & canopy. I might also add some at the rear of the hull, just below each of the stabilizer fins. My hope is to have her in the water, for her maiden voyage, within the next couple of weeks.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
I know the Grasshopper and Hornet are functionally obsolete, but man do they take me back to a more innocent time. I remember staring for hours at the big full color Tamiya catalog that they used to publish. I still toy with getting one of them.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:32 AM   #2408
I wanna be Dave

LOL.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #2409
RCO
Pebble Pounder

Some things...
RCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:12 PM   #2410

ordered this yesterday, hasn't come yet but I am so exited to get it
kingoftrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:06 PM   #2411
I wanna be Dave

Today was truly an eclectic collection of arrivals...mostly hobby-related, but not entirely. First, a couple of Hitec HS-5086WP servos arrived, to go in my new TFL Jet Boat. Officially, the boat is designed for a single servo, in the traditional push-pull configuration.

However, if you look at the servo mount, you'll notice that, technically, it can hold two servos...so, my idea (once I can obtain the remaining necessary parts) is to drop another hole in the transom, install the second servo, and configure the steering as a push/pull-pull/push. Maybe this is a "dumb" idea...I don't know...but, my theory is that it would lessen the load on each servo by half, theoretically doubling the torque. I know this is probably a crawling forum...but, if any of those reading this area also into FE boats, is appreciate some input.
If you look at the first photo, above, you'll also notice a Tenshock BX40 ESC. That's for the Tamiya Grasshopper 35th Anniversary-themed Mini Cat Racing Micro Hydro I recently got. Even with the ESC, the boat isn't ready for the water...I'm still awaiting the turn fin.

Next up is my new Team Corally RC toolbox. This thing is seriously heavy-duty, and has more cubbies than San Quintin (ok, I can't claim to actually know...I've only been there once, and that was by invitation of my cousin, who was a Captain there). There are 4 pull-out storage tray-containers, each of which can be configured multiple ways, which are held in-place by twin dual-locking left/right-side doors. The lid has 3 compartments, each of which has multiple cubbies. Finally, under the lid, there's is a large storage area, with pick 'n pick foam.
And, for my final arrival, to be the best addition to my work "go-bag", a (currently exclusive) Benchmade Triage Tactical knife, with a secondary emergency cutting hook (for seatbelts, cords, etc), and a carbide glass-breaker tip.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:11 PM   #2412
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO View Post

Some things...
You'll love building that SSD Kit. Its very solid.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:18 PM   #2413
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO View Post

Some things...
Congrats on the chassis kit, and the LC70 body. I have both (though, the body is for my TF2), and they're both fantastic. Other than the front body mounts, the build was fun, and problem-free. The body mount problem was due to warped parts, but Chris shipped me replacements, which corrected the problem.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:34 PM   #2414
RCC Addict

2 of the 3 winches I ordered showed up today, along with 2 radio controllers, and one Remote unit. These will go on the Gen8, the SSD/Orange Blazer, and the SCX10III when the 3rd slightly different winch arrives in a day or two.

As well as the 2 Reefs mini servo horns for the SCX10III build.
the 2 mini Reefs Servos showed up end of last week.

Also got some Traxxas cvd drives for the slash that came in.

Last edited by Timmahh; 07-30-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:51 PM   #2415
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Been trying to track one of these down for 3 months. finally found ONE available and snaged it immediatly.

1/7 Arrma Mojave Desert Truck 6S

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:25 AM   #2416
Rock Stacker

Great purchase you are going to love it. I have had mine for a few months now it’s by far my favorite and a total tank. Have fun and by the way how is the racing going this season?
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #2417
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Been trying to track one of these down for 3 months. finally found ONE available and snaged it immediatly.

1/7 Arrma Mojave Desert Truck 6S
That Mojave looks like it would be a blast to drive!

That is a cool video!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:37 PM   #2418
RCC Addict

Color Me Impressed.
Ordered this July 17th from CHY=Na. Shipped on 7-19, and estimated delivery was 9-18 (my Daughters Bday actually).

I was a bit surprised when yesterday morning it said it was in the states and on its way to my local location. Then Last night Another email telling me it would be here today.

I had to do a bit of running and when I got home at 1, it was already here. That is a 15 day shipping time. Weird thing is it said it was shipping slowboat, so 60 days seems apropriate.

I ordered a pan hard mount for the Gen8 Axe July 8th, it shipped on the 9th. Been in Detroit since July 12th. Still waiting for it to show up from South Carolina (think that is where Bowhouse is). This is no reflection on Bowhouse, they did their part.

The Wyllys came via Fed Ex so I am thinking it was Air Shipped out of China for Free no less, to get here in 15 days. And No, I didn't pay any shipping charges. I was ok with the slow boat.

Open and 1st run vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KgEMZ1A-fs

Last edited by Timmahh; 08-01-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:57 PM   #2419
I wanna be Dave

Made a trip to Harbor Freight and the neighboring HobbyLobby today. Needed to get my own soldering stuff now that I don’t work for a LHS and a couple other things at HF, the wandered into the HL and found they have the newly revised TJ Rubi kit that no longer has the Tomb Raider kit garbage in it any more.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #2420
I wanna be Dave

Feels like I have been trying to get a hold of one of these V2 stubby Revolvers forever. Last week, I found a store that had both of the higher KV versions in stock so I jumped on those.

svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM