Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2021, 03:36 PM   #2661
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xDeadbolt View Post
You like yellow better for fog lights?
For where I live and the conditions I drive in, absolutely. Yellow is reflected and refracted less when dealing with water droplets (i.e. fog, rain, etc), so it punches through better.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2021, 05:27 PM   #2662
I wanna be Dave

The final "pieces of the puzzle" are coming together. Today, picked up the data drives...Samsung's latest achievement in SSD technology, the 870 EVO, with read/write speeds equaling M.2 speeds (560MB/s & 530MB/s.
Also going into the new computer, to the latest generation of GPUs from Nvidia. In this case, that would be an Asus TUF RTX 3070 OC. And, no, I didn't pay "scalper" pricing...my local computer parts store, Central Computers, just happened to get a few units in today, and I was lucky enough to snag the last one.
Now, to all I'm waiting for is a 3D-Printed back panel k so I can install two 140mm exhaust fans), and a SATA power cable (to power the Corsair controller).

UPDATE: Computer built, BIOS update, both RAID-0 arrays configured, Windows 10 Pro installed, and currently running initial benchmarks.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 01-28-2021 at 04:57 PM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:25 PM   #2663
I joined the Band!

I've just bought a treadmill. I have to lose 20 kg so this device is a must-have for me. Recently I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 that's why I maintain a healthy lifestyle now. Who faced this problem too? Where can I buy rybelsus Online?

Last edited by Lesorivel; 01-31-2021 at 02:11 AM.
Lesorivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:56 PM   #2664
RCC Addict

I’ll just leave this here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:31 AM   #2665
Quarry Creeper

New 7 gallon fermenter for the home brewing project.

RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:56 AM   #2666
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBrutus View Post
New 7 gallon fermenter for the home brewing project.

Nice looking unit. The cone bottom is very handy. I’ve been transforming my leftover wines from last summer the last couple of days.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:02 AM   #2667
Pebble Pounder

much needed since tv's now a-days only turn up to 35, may regret not getting the 3 channel to spread out sound but very pleased with the difference

LJ802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 06:10 PM   #2668
Quarry Creeper

Big ass burger from Jake's Burger in Oroville CA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
W1ck3d0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #2669
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ck3d0n3 View Post
Big ass burger from Jake's Burger in Oroville CA.

Must have been the ultimate combo as it seems to have come with an Xbox controller.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:22 PM   #2670
Quarry Creeper

Gotta love Harbor Freight

Old 02-01-2021, 04:05 AM   #2671
Quarry Creeper

"Make perfect bends in Aluminum, Copper and Steeel tubing." Steeel.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:30 AM   #2672
Go Buckeyes!

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:33 PM   #2673
RCC Addict

I finally broke down and bought a new toolbox. I outgrew my 27" "machinest's chest" at least a decade ago and have been storing a lot of my tools that are in cases in cabinets next to the old box, and drawers under my workbench. I knew exactly where everything was, and it was all quite orderly, but anytime someone else worked on anything in my garage, I'd have to educate them on where to find a specific tool.

Well, my wife recently did A TON of work on her new to her truck (all new rotors/pads/and a caliper, steering rack bushings/inner/outer tierods, 2" lift coils, 4" lift spindles, rear add-a-leaf, rear lift blocks/u-bolts, stainless braided brakelines, 4 Bilstein shocks, Mickey Thompson tires/KMC wheels, locking tailgate handle, new lift struts for the tonneau cover, polished the headlights, repaired the driver's power seat, replaced driver's power mirror, etc, etc) completely by herself (with occassional instruction) and she finally noticed how big of a pain in the ass it was having to search all over the place to grab a tool. Before finishing her projects, she told me that it was time to get a new toolbox!

I had been eyeing the 56" Milwaukee at Home Depot for awhile, but started shopping around for other similarly sized boxes around the same price point. I looked at US General, Kobalt, Craftsman, etc, but ended up with a Husky 56". Build quality was EXACTLY the same as the Milwaukee (most likely built on the same line in China) but with a better (for me) drawer layout, for $500 less. I couldn't bring myself to buy a black or red toolbox, so I ordered the gray Husky online, signed up for an HD credit card to save $100 (it will be paid off and closed immediately), and picked it up Monday. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-He...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

My friends and neighbors unloaded and assembled it for me (I'm still recovering from spinal fusion) and I've been picking away at transferring my tools over. Besides the larger power tools, everything has its place now, but to no surprise of mine, the box is at least 90% full!

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to keep the old box, or pass it on to a deserving youngin in need...
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #2674
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I finally broke down and bought a new toolbox. I outgrew my 27" "machinest's chest" at least a decade ago and have been storing a lot of my tools that are in cases in cabinets next to the old box, and drawers under my workbench. I knew exactly where everything was, and it was all quite orderly, but anytime someone else worked on anything in my garage, I'd have to educate them on where to find a specific tool.

Well, my wife recently did A TON of work on her new to her truck (all new rotors/pads/and a caliper, steering rack bushings/inner/outer tierods, 2" lift coils, 4" lift spindles, rear add-a-leaf, rear lift blocks/u-bolts, stainless braided brakelines, 4 Bilstein shocks, Mickey Thompson tires/KMC wheels, locking tailgate handle, new lift struts for the tonneau cover, polished the headlights, repaired the driver's power seat, replaced driver's power mirror, etc, etc) completely by herself (with occassional instruction) and she finally noticed how big of a pain in the ass it was having to search all over the place to grab a tool. Before finishing her projects, she told me that it was time to get a new toolbox!

I had been eyeing the 56" Milwaukee at Home Depot for awhile, but started shopping around for other similarly sized boxes around the same price point. I looked at US General, Kobalt, Craftsman, etc, but ended up with a Husky 56". Build quality was EXACTLY the same as the Milwaukee (most likely built on the same line in China) but with a better (for me) drawer layout, for $500 less. I couldn't bring myself to buy a black or red toolbox, so I ordered the gray Husky online, signed up for an HD credit card to save $100 (it will be paid off and closed immediately), and picked it up Monday. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-He...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

My friends and neighbors unloaded and assembled it for me (I'm still recovering from spinal fusion) and I've been picking away at transferring my tools over. Besides the larger power tools, everything has its place now, but to no surprise of mine, the box is at least 90% full!

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to keep the old box, or pass it on to a deserving youngin in need...
That's not a "toolbox". Heck, that's not even a "tool shed". That's a friggin "glorious wall of tools storage system"...lol

Old 02-03-2021, 03:11 PM   #2675
I wanna be Dave

Got my GF-01TR bearing set, going to start building the chassis ASAP!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:20 AM   #2676

PorkBellyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:39 PM   #2677
I wanna be Dave

Got these for my GF-01 project ��
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:10 PM   #2678
Quarry Creeper

Big bag of popcorn. The honcho is there for size comparison.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:45 AM   #2679
I wanna be Dave

Ok...so, technically, this isn't exactly my "latest purchase"...primarily because I've been accumulating the components over the past month. However, it was built last week, and I just got it fully operational tonight.I do still have some fine-tuning to get done, plus I'm also awaiting delivery of the 3D printed back panel (so that I can install two 140mm exhaust fans)...but, it is ready for gaming, photo editing, video editing, and all the usual "general purpose" stuff.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #2680
Rock Crawler

I picked up a UE Hyperboom, mainly cause the speakers on my iPad Pro aren’t doing so well anymore.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM