Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2021, 06:08 PM   #2701
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post

Handing down the DX5C to my daughter. Going to use this on the VS4-10 and 10ii.
You're gonna love it. While I definitely preferred Spektrum for aerial, Futaba is MUCH better when it comes to surface.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2021, 08:34 PM   #2702
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
You're gonna love it. While I definitely preferred Spektrum for aerial, Futaba is MUCH better when it comes to surface.

I really wanted to score an old 4PX but, alas, I got impatient.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:39 PM   #2703
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
I really wanted to score an old 4PX but, alas, I got impatient.
The 4PM is better...in MANY ways. Best thing is that it incorporates a lot of the 7PX's functionality (I'm running the 7PX).

Old 03-13-2021, 09:38 PM   #2704
RCC Addict

Default Pics of your latest purchase

Gspeed v3 rails, waiting for the lay down servo mount and vader skid to come back in stock. 10.3 axles will go under this.
Take off ar44’s will go under the flatgekko.
Also I just re-acquired my 10.3 with straight axles under it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fricker08; 03-15-2021 at 11:40 PM.
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:20 AM   #2705
Go Buckeyes!

GSpeed goodies arrived yesterday. One set will be going on VS4-10 Origin with VFD trans and the other set will be going on my Element Enduro Sendero.

Name:  IMG_6018.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  178.2 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:03 PM   #2706
I wanna be Dave

Got the new BFG G-Force Comp 2 All Season Plus*tires put on my 200 today.

I was working, so Dad dealt with the installing them and was impressed with the tech and his van. All new tire change equipment installed in a new Sprinter, came right to the house and mounted the tires on my factory rims, then hauled off the old tires, only cost $100 more than the price of the tires too! Dad asked if he could see the set up as he used to sell and install tires in the early 60’s and he gave Dad a quick tour and run down of the vehicle. *I think if my Sister or her Husband needs new tires on their cars, we may have to suggest they do what I did here!

Sorry for the life size pic here🤦🏻
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:21 AM   #2707
RCC Addict

Aint no one got no time for all that. lol
Suffice it to say, too damn much.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #2708
I joined the Band!

Well, I decided to improve my health so I ordered vitamins and supplements. Also, I suffer from insomnia sometimes that's why I bought CBD oil at Area52.com. To be honest, I think it's the best way to solve this problem without medicine. Besides, CBD oil has plenty of health benefits.

Last edited by Lesorivel; 03-25-2021 at 02:29 AM.
Lesorivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:34 PM   #2709
I wanna be Dave

Default Pics of your latest purchase

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:01 PM   #2710
Gold Star Baby!

3 new builds coming... Enduro Kit + Gspeed tgh v3, HH TGH Sherpa + Capra, and a gspeed V1 C1 AR45P hard body rig.

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:03 PM   #2711
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
3 new builds coming... Enduro Kit + Gspeed tgh v3, HH TGH Sherpa + Capra, and a gspeed V1 C1 AR45P hard body rig.
Kinda sounds like me. Scale Nats just finished yesterday (although, I'm still here in Vegas for a could more days), and I'm already starting to plan out, and look up parts, for my next C3 rig. Plus, while I ran the same C3 rig in this year's KOL race, I'm planning a separate rig for next year's (tho, I expect it to be called by a different name is dependant on the Scale Nats 2022 location).

Old 03-23-2021, 09:53 AM   #2712
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Exciting times ahead! Looking forward to seeing them all!

Especially the V1-C1. I've been thinking about building one of these later this year. I just so happen to have the set of AR45P axles that came off of my JLU and they are looking for a home. I'm thinking the V1-C1 is the perfect place for them to live.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:08 PM   #2713
I wanna be Dave

Got my remaining 3 Boom Racing wheels today!
Old 03-24-2021, 06:37 PM   #2714
I wanna be Dave

Now that Scale Nationals 202One is over, and it's time to head back to the SF Bay Area, I couldn't help myself (ok...maybe I 'could' have, but maybe I really didn't feel like it), so I made one final stop (my third for this Vegas trip) at Friendly Hobbies.

12-13 years ago (it's been so long, I'm actually forgetting exactly "when"), I got into RC helis. After more than a few years, and LOTS of (overly costly) repairs, I sold off my helis, and switched to drones, bowing not to return to helis. Then, almost 4 years ago, my interest in land RCs started sprouting again (prior to that, my last RC car...a gas-powered RC), leading me to purchase my first Rustler 4x4 three years ago. Since then, I've acquired several land vehicles (including more than a few race vehicles), and I started getting into crawlers. A year ago, I started getting into FE boats (I've since acquired several of these, including two race boats)...but, I also decided to sell my current (and last) drone - a Yuneec Typhoon H.

Move forward to a few days ago (Sunday, the Class 3 & KOL day at Scale Natls), and, for some unknown reason, I started researching the very thing I said I'd never do again...RC helis. I do NOT plan on sending up with several helis again, but, I did decide to get one...and ONLY one. Since I've been "out of the loop", literally, as well as figuratively, I felt it was best to start small again...so, I picked up the best small (but not 'micro') size 6-channel heli I could come up with - the Blade 230 S Smart.
As I've flown 3-channel & 6-channel helps before, I figured I didn't 'need' to stay at the beginning again (ie. no 3-channel). But, at the same time, since it's been several years, I also realized I shouldn't go "all out"...so, the 230 S seemed to be the best option. For anyone just starting in 6-channel helis, this would be a great way to start. As for me, and the "possibility" of being more, maybe in another 1-2 years I might get a second, larger, one...but, then again, maybe not. I greatly enjoy "going fast" on land, and in the water, and I have NO interest in getting into competitive RC helis...so, there's a very good/steering possibility that this will be the only heli in my RC collection...but, if I do (eventually) decide to get a second, it will be no larger than a 450 (and, in all likelihood, probably a 350).

Old 03-24-2021, 09:40 PM   #2715
Gold Star Baby!

This just showed up today, will be the body for the enduro/gspeed tgh v3 build. Can’t wait to get this one going but need to finish up a couple other things first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Kinda sounds like me. Scale Nats just finished yesterday (although, I'm still here in Vegas for a could more days), and I'm already starting to plan out, and look up parts, for my next C3 rig. Plus, while I ran the same C3 rig in this year's KOL race, I'm planning a separate rig for next year's (tho, I expect it to be called by a different name is dependant on the Scale Nats 2022 location).

Hope you had fun while you were in town! Glad to hear you made the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Exciting times ahead! Looking forward to seeing them all!

Especially the V1-C1. I've been thinking about building one of these later this year. I just so happen to have the set of AR45P axles that came off of my JLU and they are looking for a home. I'm thinking the V1-C1 is the perfect place for them to live.
Exciting times indeed! Still a good few things left to grab over the coming weeks but I’m hoping to get one of them down in April. Most likely the one mentioned above, or maybe the Shapra (at least version 1).

V1C1’s have been popular lately and I’m anxious to work on that one as well, still need a lot for that one though (transmission, body, wheels, tires, electronics) so it will be a bit before I start that project. Would be cool to see what you do with one when you get there
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:12 PM   #2716
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hope you had fun while you were in town! Glad to hear you made the trip.
Regarding "making the trip", I'm in Vegas at least a couple times a year. When my parents retired, they moved to North LV, and bought a house...so, I head to Vegas primarily to visit them. There fact that Scale Natls was close to Vegas was a 'bonus'...plus, my step-dad came along, and, while not competing, be for the enjoyment of watching (now, he wants to build an RC kit, tho he hasn't decided what "type").

As for having fun, oh, yeah...had lots of fun. Plus, I came to realize that, while I definitely don't enjoy "trail crawling" (thus, the reason I sold the TF2 kit I had purchased, as well as the Trail King Pro roller I had built), I DO enjoy the competitive side of crawling. I'm already planning on disassembling the Class 3 rig I built, and using a good portion of it for building a better rig (whole, speaking of "disassembling", I think I'll make the new rig 'Johnny 5'). I'll still want it to be a Class 3 rig (4WS), but I need to focus out a better (more competitive) chassis than the Capra cage (did which I could REALLY use some help in figuring out...can I PM you for assistance?). Additionally, I enjoyed the KOL race so much, I want to build a second/dedicated vehicle for that type of event/race.

Old 03-26-2021, 02:30 AM   #2717
Quarry Creeper

Loved Space 1999 when I was a kid.
Just ordered one of these for myself.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:31 AM   #2718
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMark View Post
I had one of those when I was a kid. Had it on the shelf next to my NCC-1701C Enterprise model.

Old 03-26-2021, 06:24 AM   #2719
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMark View Post

Loved watching that too growing up! I didn’t know these models still existed! I’ll have to try to find one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #2720
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Loved watching that too growing up! I didn’t know these models still existed! I’ll have to try to find one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Check around 2 Models, they now own the tooling for MPC, AMT, Lindberg, and do make a lot of licensed movie products from those tools and may have some aftermarket goodies for this kit too, IIRC

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM