Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2018, 06:32 AM   #921
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

My 0231 was on the way out, so I got this one as a cheap-o replacement until I can drop $90-100 on a servo.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2018, 09:32 PM   #922
I wanna be Dave

For my TRX4

SSD 1.9 Double Times from Blumaro sale
PL Hyrax
CI LN 4.75" Soft Front Med Rear in the mail

Going to give the BL a little shave off the top as i like what XSRC did with his

SSD-RC 1.9" Double Time beadlock wheels

Couldn't resist like a kid at XMas. Sanded 1 of 4
Attached Images

Last edited by cmbscx10; 06-29-2018 at 10:06 PM.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:09 PM   #923
Quarry Creeper

^^Those wheels are sharp!
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #924
I wanna be Dave

After a long month of losing my primary car in an accident and being forced to drive my trail duty/crap hauler Jeep WJ on a daily basis, a decision was made.

I have wanted a truck forever and just never followed through on it for whatever reason. Driving around in a janky ass Jeep without AC in North Carolina in June does things to a man's brain after a while.

And to pre-emptivly address why I didn't buy whatever brand you like: I like the Colorado but my local Chevy dealer was worthless, I hate the Frontier after having one as a rental for a week, the Ranger isn't out yet, the Ridgeline is a Ridgeline, and no one else makes a mid size truck I actually want to own so Tacoma.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:27 PM   #925
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
After a long month of losing my primary car in an accident and being forced to drive my trail duty/crap hauler Jeep WJ on a daily basis, a decision was made.

I have wanted a truck forever and just never followed through on it for whatever reason. Driving around in a janky ass Jeep without AC in North Carolina in June does things to a man's brain after a while.

And to pre-emptivly address why I didn't buy whatever brand you like: I like the Colorado but my local Chevy dealer was worthless, I hate the Frontier after having one as a rental for a week, the Ranger isn't out yet, the Ridgeline is a Ridgeline, and no one else makes a mid size truck I actually want to own so Tacoma.
Very nice! You'll be happy with it...I had three before moving to full size.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #926
RCC Addict

Same as above- 3 of 'em... Great trucks. Good decision. Congrats!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:07 PM   #927
RCC Addict

Congrats on the Tacoma! I’m actually wanting to replace my cobalt with one or a Colorado next year. I’m leaning towards the Tacoma though based on price although I’ve never driven either.

I think the frontier is ok but Nissan has jerked my sister out of a car when she was going to be buying it. As for the Honda, I’ve called them a fridgeline since they were announced so....

Also my mom has had transmission problems with her 04 exploder, and my sister has been having clutch problems with her automatic focus. I’ve also heard the UK version of the ranger has a full time locked front diff in 4wd which is unnecessary for a daily driver. Besides it’s a ford so it’s going to be ridiculously expensive and have transmission problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:16 AM   #928
Rock Stacker

Sent the 56 down the road Thursday. Someone wanted it more than us. So Saturday we bought this real deal, numbers matching 68 Chevelle SS 396. TH400, 12 bolt open rear, with 3.07 gears. All came, and stayed with the car since it was built in Kansas, and soon after was sent to Arizona where it spent most of its life until now.
We should be getting it delivered in a week or two. Should still be some cruising weather left here, before the big freeze, and storage...
Pictures are from the dealer, cause once it's home, we'll never see the bottom this clean again...
The woman is SUPER excited, and I can't tell if that's a good thing, or not.

56 waiting for it's new owner.
Attached Images

Last edited by Zippy1; 07-04-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Zippy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:10 AM   #929
RCC Addict

As a guy that loves '56's, I've got to say that when I saw that '66 I just about lost it! That Chevelle is absolutely GORGEOUS! As much as I dig the Bel Air, I'd take that SS in a heartbeat! Absolutely beyond sexy! Enjoy!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #930
I wanna be Dave

Thanks to all, super happy to have a nice, reliable vehicle again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
Congrats on the Tacoma! I’m actually wanting to replace my cobalt with one or a Colorado next year. I’m leaning towards the Tacoma though based on price although I’ve never driven either.

I think the frontier is ok but Nissan has jerked my sister out of a car when she was going to be buying it. As for the Honda, I’ve called them a fridgeline since they were announced so....

Also my mom has had transmission problems with her 04 exploder, and my sister has been having clutch problems with her automatic focus. I’ve also heard the UK version of the ranger has a full time locked front diff in 4wd which is unnecessary for a daily driver. Besides it’s a ford so it’s going to be ridiculously expensive and have transmission problems.
The Colorado/Canyon and the Tacoma were my top 2 choices but the experience at the Chevy dealer was just so bad that I didn't even want that truck anymore. Walked in and the sales bro immediately went to talking money. He comes back with a price about $10k higher than their online inventory and tells me I don't qualify for about 8 different rebates so that is the best they can do. I told them there is no way a mid level Colorado is worth $40+K so the dude tries to sell me a used Ram. I laughed and walked out.

I walked into the Toyota dealer (from the same dealership group mind you), told the sales guy what I was looking for, he went to grab keys for a test drive first, then offered a good deal almost immediately. Made the decision a no brainer.

The 2018 Frontier is basically the same mechanically as the 2004 Frontier and it feels like a 14 year old platform when driving (huge turning radius, soft brakes, gigantic deadspot in the powerband, generally loud and uncomfortable). The Tacoma is lightyears better, that I could tell from about 20 miles of driving. My wife said it felt like driving in our old Kia Sorrento and very much not like a truck and my kids love it. I'm sure the Colorado has a similar feel but I never got to test drive one.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:04 AM   #931
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy1 View Post
Sent the 56 down the road Thursday. Someone wanted it more than us. So Saturday we bought this real deal, numbers matching 68 Chevelle SS 396. TH400, 12 bolt open rear, with 3.07 gears.
Never really been a tri-5 fan, but that one was sharp. HOWEVER, the Chevelle is gorgeous...'68/'69 second only to the '66 for my favorite bow tie. I had a '68 327 long ago that I still cry over selling sometimes.

Nice snag!
Old 07-02-2018, 09:11 AM   #932
Quarry Creeper

You need to post that Chevelle in the most beautiful cars thread, both of those qualify actually.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #933
Rock Crawler

Default Its christmas in july

Its Christmas in July!!!!

Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:11 PM   #934
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post

Nice Taco there. If I were in the market for a mid sized truck, it'd be the Tacoma. As you said, they are far ahead of the other mid sized truck market. That may change with the Ranger coming back, especially with a Raptor Ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy1 View Post
Sent the 56 down the road Thursday. Someone wanted it more than us. So Saturday we bought this real deal, numbers matching 68 Chevelle SS 396. TH400, 12 bolt open rear, with 3.07 gears. All came, and stayed with the car since it was bought new in Kansas, and soon after was sent to Arizona where it spent most of its life until now.
We should be getting it delivered in a week or two. Should still be some cruising weather left here, before the big freeze, and storage...
Pictures are from the dealer, cause once it's home, we'll never see the bottom this clean again...
The woman is SUPER excited, and I can't tell if that's a good thing, or not.

56 waiting for it's new owner.

Both cars are beautiful! Bravo on the new ride! That Chevelle looks fantastic.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:37 AM   #935
RCC Addict

Default Re: Its christmas in july

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post
Its Christmas in July!!!!

Payload! Is that a volume deal on eliquid you cashed in on or do you really like shock oil?
Old 07-03-2018, 03:07 PM   #936
Rock Crawler

Got a hard - wire kit for testing, but i had to drop in batteries myself due to transport restrictions.
So ordered 8 X 2600 MAH Sony konion VCT5A batteries and dropped them in the power bank for a +20.000 MAH total.

No dumbassery near my car not even when it is parked.

A dashcam use about 0.4 A in Parking mode, so this got me covered for a little while if i have to park in a non surveilled place.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #937
Quarry Creeper

^^Pretty smart idea. My dash cams have a cap built in, and a g sensor. If the car is bumped in any way, they'll turn on a record a 30sec clip.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #938
Rock Crawler

yeah if you have a car with a allays on cigarette plug, and drive enough to keep things charged then thats fine.
But at least a BDP ( Battery Discharge Preventer ) is a good idea to make sure your car battery are kept over a set cut off voltage.

This secondary battery power pack are a okay idea, but some kits are really expensive, so far i have nor learned the expected price for this kit.
This kit are tailored to the mini brand of cameras like the 0906 as it have a trigger signal.
But it also work for regular cameras i think, i am currently testing it with my Mobius Maxi camera, it is always recording but i could enable G - sensor in it and even motion detect, though the latter are a flawed way to do parking guard.

Last edited by Peaker; 07-03-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #939
Quarry Creeper

I don't think I explained it well enough. My cameras are hard wired to a circuit that only provides power when the key is on. But both cameras have built in capacitors that give them enough power to run for say, five minutes, without drawing any power from the car battery itself.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:14 PM   #940
Quarry Creeper

A longer one piece carbon fiber cleaning rod (the other wasn't long enough with the bore guide in place). And a four pistol hard case. That's all I ordered, this is the box it came in.

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM