Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Pics of your latest purchase

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2021, 12:53 PM   #2741
RCC Addict

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

It's time for a new truck anyways so I threw a deposit down on of these units. Won't be here until June/July though..

The vehicle market is just stupid right now. I put the deposit down 3 days after this truck was announced and there was already 2 people in line ahead of me. AND the dealer will only be receiving 7 of them for our entire city/area.

QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #2742
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 View Post
Annoying issues but not serious. We had a John Deere 42HP, brand new around 2010. That thing was more than annoying. John Deere was really pushing their "Nothing runs like a Deere" at the time. We revised that to "Nothing runs like a Deere - WHEN IT RUNS". Mechanically good, electronics sucked big time. Put more miles on a trailer back and forth to the dealer than it did miles in the fields. So bad that we were still getting warranty on items that were documented as issues after the warranty ran out. Never did get everything 100% but the issues that were annoying rather than critical we finally gave up on. Maybe I should have posted this in the "Rant" thread. Blood pressure just went up thinking about it.
Have to say though, sittin' in the seat of the tractor, drivin' around the fields kind of relieved some of the stress from other things in life.

Lol. No doubt. My grapple stopped grappling today. Tracked it down to dealer install wiring to switch. Where they ran it became a pinch point when running the bucket down and it pinched the 12v wire internally. Had to probe the wire before and after the pinched area that didn’t even break the sheathing.

Previous tractor was a late ‘70s model Yanmar. Which it was once licensed chinese John Deere. Bought it when the grey market was wide open before all the tariffs and taxes were bad. 100% mechanical aside from the starter. It was almost indestructible until a rare southern hard freeze killed it. Visible crack on the outside of the block and blows really hard from the crankcase vent, too.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:22 PM   #2743
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
It's time for a new truck anyways so I threw a deposit down on of these units. Won't be here until June/July though..

The vehicle market is just stupid right now. I put the deposit down 3 days after this truck was announced and there was already 2 people in line ahead of me. AND the dealer will only be receiving 7 of them for our entire city/area.

I’m too leery of new vehicles to even consider buying one fresh off the lot. My brother just picked up a VW Atlas and it is crazy the amount of tech in them. I like my steering column and throttle body with a cable to the peddle.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:08 PM   #2744
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
I’m too leery of new vehicles to even consider buying one fresh off the lot. My brother just picked up a VW Atlas and it is crazy the amount of tech in them. I like my steering column and throttle body with a cable to the peddle.
I won't lie, a part of me wants something with a manual transmission, a carburetor and no computers..

But a bigger part of me wants something shiny that has warranty..
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:19 PM   #2745
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
When I bought my Chrysler 200 back in 2012, I specifically looked for a basic trim model, only parts of the car that were on the higher tech end are the engine (the 3.6l) and the head unit (it’s still the most basic version of the Hard Drive equipped one though), it has power windows, locks, steering, and brakes as well as a very simple LED running light set up in the headlights. It doesn’t have leather, sunroof, power seats, just a step above rental spec but with 280+hp
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:07 AM   #2746
Pebble Pounder

When I bought my 2014 Patriot a few months ago, I was surprised to see how stripped it was for a 2014. Basic radio, manual gauges, non-central manual locks. crank windows, ect...
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:49 AM   #2747
Quarry Creeper

Just picked up this beauty. 2005 Triumph Speed Triple. 26k miles, tuner and exhaust. My best friend owned it since 14 miles and I know it's been very well taken care of. I have wanted this bike for over a decade and the chance popped up and I couldn't say no.

Last edited by struhall; 04-07-2021 at 07:50 AM. Reason: I had the dumb and couldn't spell.
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:56 AM   #2748
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
When I bought my Chrysler 200 back in 2012, I specifically looked for a basic trim model, only parts of the car that were on the higher tech end are the engine (the 3.6l) and the head unit (it’s still the most basic version of the Hard Drive equipped one though), it has power windows, locks, steering, and brakes as well as a very simple LED running light set up in the headlights. It doesn’t have leather, sunroof, power seats, just a step above rental spec but with 280+hp

My 1st gen Tacoma has roll down windows, 5 speed, no ABS, and cloth. Only thing special is Toyota’s ADD hubs and not manual ones but that’s not saying much.

One thing about buy new domestic is that you can usually order whatever you’d like. I may end up doing that...one day.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:58 AM   #2749
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
I won't lie, a part of me wants something with a manual transmission, a carburetor and no computers..

But a bigger part of me wants something shiny that has warranty..

Some of the restomod shops are offering limited warranties now.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:04 AM   #2750
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by struhall View Post
Just picked up this beauty. 2005 Triumph Speed Triple. 26k miles, tuner and exhaust. My best friend owned it since 14 miles and I know it's been very well taken care of. I have wanted this bike for over a decade and the chance popped up and I couldn't say no.
Man I love those things! The torque and sound are intoxicating. Congrats!

Quote:
Some of the restomod shops are offering limited warranties now.
Who the hell can afford one of those?
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:27 PM   #2751
I wanna be Dave

Lol.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:00 PM   #2752
Quarry Creeper

Parts for my build show up the other day

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
W1ck3d0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:43 PM   #2753
I wanna be Dave

Got this for my SCX24 today, still waiting on the EMax servo though.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:29 PM   #2754
Rock Crawler

All the way from we know where.

I think they drop shipped it tho.

Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:00 PM   #2755
I wanna be Dave

Picked up some Jeep Moss Green Metallic for the Wild Willy 2 body on my GF-01 from my local automotive paint store.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:06 PM   #2756
RCC Addict

Jumped on board with a HH V3
Yeah boy

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 01:06 PM   #2757
I wanna be Dave

You have to resize your pics, everything is blurry
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #2758
Pebble Pounder

fishing is finally back, needed a comfier set up this year, may even strap on the crawler for those island piss stops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LJ802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 05:57 PM   #2759
I wanna be Dave

That's to some help from several people, including some very helpful insight & advice from Ikaika (The Crawl Space) & Topher, I have the first new parts for my next C3 build - the G10 version of the GC 4.2, plus front/rear driveshafts from Boom Racing.Thank you Topher. Thank you Ikaika.

The majority of the parts going into this build are actually going to be 'reclaimed' parts from my previous semi-CAPRA- based C3 rig, CAPbRAstard, and the body has already been selected/ordered...so I'll just need to order a few more parts. As for the remainder of the 'reclaimed' CAPbRAstard parts, they will be going into my new rock racer, which will be based on a cross between the V1S Comp chassis from STH, the Alcista chassis from Krazed Builds, and the Axial Bomber (to be named "CAPbRAstard Too").

Finally, as for what the body will be, the only clue I'm going to give at this time is "Italian exotic". That should get some people's 'wheels' turning.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 04-12-2021 at 06:00 PM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:50 PM   #2760
I wanna be Dave

Got these in the mail last couple days.

Time to wrench

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM