Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #3002
I wanna be Dave

As a sort-of "follow-up" to my post two days ago, the CloudWheels I ordered (a couple days after ordering the Esk were delivered today - a full set of 4, plus 2 additional rear sleeves/wheels.

To give those reasons this an idea of how large the wheels are (105mm, compared to the 96mm of the stock wheels), I've included a photo of one of the wheels 'resting' in (more like "completely covering") the palm of my hand.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:50 PM   #3003
I wanna be Dave

I got this from my Sister, Dad and I bought it for her for Mother’s Day 2020 and recently started having an issue with the rubber roller wheel on the right side of the machine, which seems to be an common issue with these, so she bought the next gen machine with Christmas gift money and gave it back to me to see if there is anything I can do with it!

And here’s the roller in question.

Vs how it should look.

Sounds like they are dealing with this this problem, so I need to see what I can do here.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:35 PM   #3004
I wanna be Dave

Almost impossible to find, but I found an online retailer that recently received a few.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 01-10-2022, 09:43 AM   #3005
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up Re: Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post

Lucky! I went to pick up that kit at my LHS on Saturday, but they were out of stock. They never got around to updating their website
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:05 PM   #3006
I wanna be Dave

I pre-ordered the new X-MAXX WideMaxx kit from Traxxas ($200). Then, this afternoon, I decided to swing by my LHS, to pick up a few things for the VS4-10 Phoenix I'm currently building. Unfortunately, they didn't have any of the 3 parts I was looking for...however, unbeknownst to them, they were one of the lucky few shops around the country to receive one (and they only received one) of the MAXX WideMaxx kits (albeit, in black, as opposed to the blue I had pre-ordered). I was more than happy to "relieve" them of it...and, for $25 less then the price on the Traxxas website.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:11 AM   #3007
I wanna be Dave

Default Pics of your latest purchase

I have been looking for a work truck for me lately and this bad boy popped up on Craigslist about an hour away from me for $3,000 about a week ago. He had just rebuilt the transmission 3,500 miles ago since he pulled his boat with it every weekend. I went and looked at it and wound up driving it back home that night with $2,500 less in the bank. She’s a 95 F-Superduty in F450 spec, 460 big block, 2wd, auto tranny with only 75k miles. Runs great, just has the famous 460 manifold leak causing it to be a little low on power. Bed is rusty, but I plan on either building one or just buying one if I can find one on island. I haven’t done much to her other than cleaning it and a plugs, wires and distributor.

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:36 PM   #3008
Rock Crawler

SSD locking hubs for my GK Knightrunner build. Finally received the rest of my parts along with this through the mail to complete it.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:02 PM   #3009
Quarry Creeper

Picked up my first RC4WD rig. Going to be an awesome trail/beach truck. Only down side so far is the body is a little annoying to put on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2022, 12:07 AM   #3010
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
Picked up my first RC4WD rig. Going to be an awesome trail/beach truck. Only down side so far is the body is a little annoying to put on.

Rc4wd really nailed that runner…are those the RC4WD 1.55 Goodyear Duratracs? I was thinking about picking up a set for my current build, but not sure how'd they look on a 1.9 rim.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:18 AM   #3011
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Rc4wd really nailed that runner…are those the RC4WD 1.55 Goodyear Duratracs? I was thinking about picking up a set for my current build, but not sure how'd they look on a 1.9 rim.
Yup, the 1.55 4.19in duratrac. They're actually on a 1.9 wheel. So I guess now you know how they'd look haha I had them left over from my element, so I threw them on.

Old 01-18-2022, 06:34 PM   #3012
Rock Crawler

First truck I ever built, back in the 90's. Couldn't NOT get it.

Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 09:14 PM   #3013
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yup, the 1.55 4.19in duratrac. They're actually on a 1.9 wheel. So I guess now you know how they'd look haha I had them left over from my element, so I threw them on.

Oh good to know lol. Seems perfect for the style I’m going for.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:17 PM   #3014
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
First truck I ever built, back in the 90's. Couldn't NOT get it.

I think even Ivan would be proud.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2022, 03:40 PM   #3015
RCC Addict

Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 03:55 PM   #3016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post

That is sick! Hope you post a build thread.

smack2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 04:05 PM   #3017
RCC Addict

Default Pics of your latest purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2006 View Post
That is sick! Hope you post a build thread.

I have one going in the 1.9 scale rigs section
Project $2K22

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:06 AM   #3018
I wanna be Dave

I know I'm SUPER-late to the game with this kit...but, honestly, this is a kit I thought of never get. But, first, a "backstory" on how I came to purchase this kit.

As a Professional Chauffeur, under 'normal' circumstances, in a single day, I'll have anywhere from a single "hourly" client, to several "transfer" (ie. pickup at point A & feel at point B) clients. Occasionally, I'll have a job involving an overnight stay in a hotel (stock as Google or Facebook ski trips). Since Thanksgiving, we've been driving nurses again (for FEMA), which has had me on 2-week rotations, living out of a hotel. However, the new rotation I am starting today could have me in a hotel for up to a months.

In addition to my own property (primarily clothes & food), I was also transporting supplies, thus, the available space in the work vehicle I was driving (to reach the motorcoach I'll be driving) was somewhat limited. As such, I had to leave at home any RCs I might have normally brought...but, I did still find room for my VR kit, and my Esk8. As I'll have several hours of 'free' time between shifts each day, I didn't want to just watch TV/movies...I needed "something" else to do...so, I came up with an 'idea', and packed my tools.

Initially, once I arrived at the hotel, I was figuring I'd order a kit from Amain, and have it delivered to the hotel. Instead, to upon reaching me destination city, I went to a LHS I'm familiar with...as it just so happens, approx 5 months ago, the owner of my home LHS just happened to purchase the LHS, and outdoor track, in the city I'll be in ("bonus points" to anyone who can figure out which two shops & cities). Unfortunately, while my home shop sells LOTS of kits, this location sells mostly Rates, thus they carry very few kits. They had 3 TC kits (one of which was the new XRAY X4), the Traxxas TRX4 Sport, and the Enduro Gatekeeper.

I already have two TCs, so didn't want to go that route. Not that I really wanted a TRX4...but, I was about to get it, because I didn't want/need another solid axle 'buggy' (already have Capra & Ryft kit builds)...and, then, I remembered Element had their IFS Conversion Kit. A quick online check, and I found out the IFS can go on the Gatekeeper.

So...I now have "something" to do, in the form of this kit. Plus, the IFS kit should be heading my way on Monday. As for "power", that'll be in the form of a Castle Copperhead 10 & 1415-2400kv "4x4 MT Edition" combo. This IFS Gatekeeper won't be 'crawling'...it will be 'FLYING' (across & over everything in its path...well, as long as it stays upright).

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2022, 12:28 AM   #3019
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Lucky! I went to pick up that kit at my LHS on Saturday, but they were out of stock. They never got around to updating their website
Did you find one yet? They're in stock at Tower at the moment.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #3020
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
Did you find one yet? They're in stock at Tower at the moment.
I ended up getting the TF2 4runner. Maybe down the line I'll get one. I was just looking at my LHS to see what they have and saw on their site they had one, but when I went in they didn't. I try to support them, but they rarely have anything I want or need.

Pics of your latest purchase - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from the latest sesh Tru3Racing Axial SCX-10 6 01-03-2011 03:06 PM
Few pics of the latest build. bastard Chit Chat 5 04-21-2008 12:46 PM
latest 1:1 trip Pics chivas72 Chit Chat 6 02-08-2007 09:05 AM
latest tlt pics. scruff007 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-15-2006 06:21 AM