Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Finally got my Mamba max 4 high lift!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Finally got my Mamba max 4 high lift!!!

I finally got to play with it a little, (still have to finish the body) and boy was it fun. I'm pretty pleased how it came out, clean and simple. Just needs a few more tweaks here and there. I added spacers for the body and bed lift, notched the chassis a little for the battery wires and hid the wires in the side box. The antenna tube is zip tied next to the battery to keep it hidden also.

I think 2nd is perfect and might just lock the tranny somehow. And the 100% drag setting on the Mamba is awesome. It just sticks. I sure hope Novak fixes their brake issue on the Crawler System.

bluonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Where's the video It'll be interesting to see if the tranny holds up to the power.
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I use the same 6000mah lipo in my TXT with the Novak Crawler System and two Airtronics 94358Z servos and run times are a little over an hour. I'm hoping I get at least 40 minutes worth with the high lift. The tranny should hold up fine, because I was able to set the curve in the Mamba Software to low and soft.
So if I go full throttle it's just a slow crawl, to spool up to then wham, SPEED! I really like 2nd gear too. 1st seems to low and 3rd to fast. I just might leave it in second all the time. It starts slow with no cogging, with 60% drag brake, to hold it on an incline. If I add more drag, when I let off the throttle the whole thing shutters. I'm going to try to paint the body tonight.
As for the spacers I got them from RC4WD for another project and never used them, and remembered reading somewhere to add spacers if you do the body lift for 2.2".

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=413

I'll try to get a video this weekend. I did try to go full speed but because of the 4WS I didn't even make it more than 10' before I crashed.

Last edited by bluonyx; 01-10-2007 at 09:44 AM.
bluonyx is offline   Reply With Quote