Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Post whoring.....SERIOUSLY!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2016, 09:26 AM   #1

Default Post whoring.....SERIOUSLY!

Yesterday I get back on this forum after a long vacation from it. I post up pics of my rig on places that actually called for them. I get a message today that I am "post whoring" to get to 30 posts. Seriously????? Am I suppose to care about post count? I was trying to be "active". So are we limited in the amount of posts we can do each day so I don't get another infraction ony record.
miserygore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #2

Default Re: Post whoring.....SERIOUSLY!

Being a noob here myself, and in my case just trying to get in to this RC world, I have found that this place isn't the most welcoming place to unknown/new members or for seeking assistance.

I'm on several Jeep/Offroad forums so I am used to a much friendlier and helpful base when making posts etc I think it's just going to take some getting used to this place and how different it is before settling in is all.

Last edited by Hedsic; 04-20-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Hedsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by miserygore View Post
Yesterday I get back on this forum after a long vacation from it. I post up pics of my rig on places that actually called for them. I get a message today that I am "post whoring" to get to 30 posts. Seriously????? Am I suppose to care about post count? I was trying to be "active". So are we limited in the amount of posts we can do each day so I don't get another infraction ony record.
Yes, post whoring.

Slamming out endless posts in a few hours that all say "I like it", "nice work", "looking good", "looking great", "looking great so far" etc... etc... etc... And NO, they weren't pictures of your rig like you say... It's all 2-3 word posts and nothing more.

Hint: even though things are removed from public view, it's all still visible forever to mods and admins like its never been removed.

Yep... Those are "Post Whoring" and not acceptable in TECH sections.

You say you were "just trying to be active", but you magically stopped at #30 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedsic View Post
Being a noob here myself, and in my case just trying to get in to this RC world, I have found that this place isn't the most welcoming place to unknown/new members or for seeking assistance.

I'm on several Jeep/Offroad forums so I am used to a much friendlier and helpful base when making posts etc I think it's just going to take some getting used to this place and how different it is before settling in is all.

To comment it's an unfriendly place?

You have a total of 3 posts and a member of the forum for a total of EIGHT DAYS

Looking at those 3 posts I see a great response from members helping you out and being very friendly actually.
Yes, you made a post yesterday and haven't yet received any replies, but you have to remember ..... It's a forum and not a phone call, it takes a couple days sometimes for members to notice a thread and read it.

Last edited by THX_138; 04-20-2016 at 09:50 AM.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:50 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I take it all back.

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 04-20-2016 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Upon reading thx's comments
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

and there's your sign.

BOO Yaa
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:52 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I've been on here only about a year and have never had any issues. I post when I have something constructive to add, start my threads in the most appropriate forum (singular), and maintain a star to show my support. It's pretty simple.

EDIT - actually a member for only 8 months, I spent a few months lurking and learning.

Last edited by mikebecher; 04-20-2016 at 10:03 AM.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:02 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Here we go AGAIN lol....and we're off......
rngrchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:05 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by miserygore View Post
No, you can post as much as you want. Some noobs will try to run their post count past 30 so they can get access to the for sale section without buying a blue star. If you feel your post are a positive contribution to the site just keep doing it. Some members on here think it is cool to flame noobs, I think in must cases they are just being jerks! Keep posting and have fun doing it!
Ernie,

Quote:

It is to bad your experience on here hasn't been more positive. I'm more of a "listener than a talker on here" but if a noob asks a question and I think I can help them I will respond. Most all of my builds on here are posted in a way that I think will help a noob, not some of the highly skilled builders, so they are boring to some. Don't judge the site because of a few negative experiences. Most of the members are more than willing to help you out if they can! Now get out there, ask questions and we will see if we can help you out!!!
Ernie,
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:41 AM   #9

I've been on for a week..ish? Haven't had a problem yet with anyone.. But all my posts have been legitimate questions and responses... Btw what does it matter to have 30 posts?
danielson94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Location: Between the thoughts of yesterday and the ideas of tomorrow

When you have 30 posts plus 30 days on the forum you are given access to the classified section.
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Yes, post whoring.

To comment it's an unfriendly place?

You have a total of 3 posts and a member of the forum for a total of EIGHT DAYS

Looking at those 3 posts I see a great response from members helping you out and being very friendly actually.
Yes, you made a post yesterday and haven't yet received any replies, but you have to remember ..... It's a forum and not a phone call, it takes a couple days sometimes for members to notice a thread and read it.
I do apologize. No offence was meant by my comment.
Hedsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:32 AM   #12

Quote:
I do apologize. No offence was meant by my comment.
I didn't take offense, but I am just seriously confused on how you can make a statement that the members and the forum here "isn't the most welcoming place"....
when not only have you only been a member for eight days.... But your posts/questions have received nothing but numerous helpful polite responses.

Kinda perplexing

Axial Yeti Speed

Axial Yeti RTR noob repair/compatibility help.

Last edited by THX_138; 04-20-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:07 PM   #13

Never knew 30 posts was such a big deal. If that is what I was looking to do I would have hit the classified section last night. Take a look, never went there nor do I even know where it is! How about asking first before all is deleted and someone is "warned." I am 43 years old and have fun building and using my RC's with my sons. I am not in the market to run up my post count to be cool! Been on a lot of forums and I see not problem with making a quick comment about someone's rig if I think they did a good job with it. Why do I need to write a detailed explanation when I can just make a quick comment. Isn't that what we all look for. To see that people took a second to look at our rigs and actually likes them? Here are a couple of my build so you all don't think I am some TROLL!!!!

http://

Last edited by miserygore; 04-20-2016 at 01:16 PM.
miserygore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Nice looking rigs, and great photography! Some times just hitting the like button will let them know you appreciate what they are doing. And it is great that you are spending some QT time with your sons and having fun doing it.
Ernie,
You need to consider that the MODs have a big job keeping this site in order and they are just working JOES beside. Sometimes what is perceived in not always what was intended.

Last edited by CODYBOY; 04-20-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:50 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

This place sucks anyway and THX_138 is a big meany head!
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
This place sucks anyway and THX_138 is a big meany head!
Oh ya?!?!?

Well you're .... you're a.... a..... A poopy face and you can't play with my trucks anymore. !!
Old 04-20-2016, 02:10 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

I don't see what the problem is, this place is great!!!!
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Oh ya?!?!?

Well you're .... you're a.... a..... A poopy face and you can't play with my trucks anymore. !!

Get over yourself bully, your toy trucks aren't that great anyway.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Now boys, if you can't play nice you need to go tell your mother she wants you. And then she will tell you to go out and play ON THE FREEWAY!!!

Last edited by CODYBOY; 04-20-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:49 PM   #20
No idea what I'm doing

I understand your frustration, but you are the exception not the rule. Usually when someone comes on here and posts like that, it's to only gain access to the classifieds, and it was decided a long time ago that those types of members are not wanted. RCC wants participants not just shoppers.

You do take awesome photos though...it would be a shame for you to leave over a misunderstanding. Almost every section on here has a photo thread stickied at the top. Post your pics in the appropriate section and nobody will say a word
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote

Post whoring.....SERIOUSLY! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post whoring to its max Jeepernick Chit Chat 45 06-05-2008 07:24 AM