Old 05-31-2020, 07:19 PM   #361
RCC Addict

Default Re: Motorcycle discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Congrats! Nice bike. Welcome back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Welcome back...Ride to Live, Live to Ride. Currently on my 7th bike, myself (riding for 36 years).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thanks! Put a tad over 100 miles on it today, good shakedown cruise. Butt...ouch lol.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2020, 08:03 PM   #362
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Thanks! Put a tad over 100 miles on it today, good shakedown cruise. Butt...ouch lol.
Corbin Saddles is the answer. I...and my "nether region"...swear by them. Current bike is my third in a row to have one (tho, it's the first to have one custom made specifically for me).

Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:56 PM   #363
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Corbin Saddles is the answer. I...and my "nether region"...swear by them. Current bike is my third in a row to have one (tho, it's the first to have one custom made specifically for me).

I've always been a Mustang fan...already ordered one with a backrest as a matter of fact. Corbin is good but they're somewhat notorious for having a long break in period. I have yet to talk to anyone who was very pleased with Saddlemen tho...
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:03 PM   #364
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
I've always been a Mustang fan...already ordered one with a backrest as a matter of fact. Corbin is good but they're somewhat notorious for having a long break in period. I have yet to talk to anyone who was very pleased with Saddlemen tho...
Honestly, that's a huge 'plus' for Corbin, ad "slow" break-in is ALWAYS better than "fast" break-in. When something is broken-in too fast, that also means it will continue to get soft, thus it's move past the point of being 'comfortable', and eventually become 'mushy'. When it breaks in slower, while it might take longer to reach that 'comfortable' point, it will also retain it a LOT longer.

Thankfully, I'm luckier than most riders in the US, as I live about 45 minutes from Corbin, so I was easily able to take advantage of their "ride in" service.

Old 08-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #365
Rock Crawler

Bringing this thread back to page one. I ended up selling my FZ-07 to a guy on the Facebook group for a pretty good price. The wife said once I got a new roof on the house I could look into a new bike. So I set up a visit from the roofer and we are scheduled to get ours done in about 5 weeks or so. Any way, after I sold the FZ I started looking for what I really wanted. I traveled all the way to Allentown PA for this bike (6.5 hr drive from Suffolk). I've been on 1 ride with it today and and all I can say is I'm in love...2018 MT-10 with 2750 miles, all original except for the tail tidy. Yes it looks like a Decepticon but I love it.

Untitled by JASON MCKIMMEY, on Flickr
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #366
I wanna be Dave

I like the MT-10. I was at GP Sports (Sam Jose, CA) today...dropped my FJ-09 off this morning for annual maintenance, and picked it up this afternoon. When I went inside to pay, I strolled right by a couple MT-10s, one of which was the same blue. Of course, as you enter, your "forced" to walk by a trio of Tracer 900s (I still prefer the old 'FJ-09' name).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 08-01-2020, 05:59 PM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
Bringing this thread back to page one. I ended up selling my FZ-07 to a guy on the Facebook group for a pretty good price. The wife said once I got a new roof on the house I could look into a new bike. So I set up a visit from the roofer and we are scheduled to get ours done in about 5 weeks or so. Any way, after I sold the FZ I started looking for what I really wanted. I traveled all the way to Allentown PA for this bike (6.5 hr drive from Suffolk). I've been on 1 ride with it today and and all I can say is I'm in love...2018 MT-10 with 2750 miles, all original except for the tail tidy. Yes it looks like a Decepticon but I love it.
Congrats!

Where in Allentown did you buy it? That’s less than an hour from me.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:48 PM   #368
RCC Addict

Well since this thread got bumped...

My 9y.o. son is too damned big for his kx65, so my 7y.o. gets to move to the "race bike" from his drz110. I didn't think he'd do as well on another 2 stroke as even though he's not afraid of it, he never put all of the 65's power to use. I also refused to buy some overweight, under suspended, and under braked trail bike (like our heavily modified 110... still a turd), even though he is a trail rider. I've got a few super mini sized (19" front, 16" rear wheel) conversion bikes (drz125 with rm85 suspension and brakes, klx140 with 170cc big bore and kx100 suspension) but they're too big for him still. Here in California, any competition bike after '02 gets a "red sticker" which severely limits when and where it can be ridden, so I couldn't bring myself to buy a crf150r.

A couple months ago, after some thought, my wife made one phone call and we were on our way to pick up her old bike, a Dave Miller Concepts (DMC) built XR100 in a CR85 chassis. It's seriously the perfect playbike with the handling of an MX bike, and the easy to ride power of an xr, and it retains a "green sticker" so he can ride it year 'round. It's got both little (17/14) and big (19/16) wheels so he can grow into it, might even last him long enough to get him to full size bikes. With the built (120cc, Web cam, 200x carb, DMC exhaust) xr engine, it's supposed to make 11-12hp which is enough to have fun on a bike this size (a stock xr100 makes around 6hp, ttr/klx/drz 125 are around 7-8hp) without having the light switch like powerband of a small bore/non-power valve 2 stroke. Dave Miller passed away earlier this year so it's kind of a special bike to me. Service Honda (now defunct) sold a similarly equipped (engine work, suspension sprung/valved, billet clamps, asv levers, fatbars, etc) bike called the Junior-Y 100 for over $9k, our's is still in near new condition for less than 1/4 that price. Happy to have it back!

That got me in the mood to buy more goodies for my playbike (the worked over drz125) so I bought some RSW triple clamps and taller bar mounts, Odi fatbars, rebuild parts for my rm85 forks including heavier springs, and a few other odds and ends. I have a 150cc big bore for it, but I'm really considering ponying up for an Engines Only 190cc build (21+hp!) We'll have to see if/when I'm able to ride again, I've had a rough few years with my health and just had spinal fusion in June. For a guy who can't ride, I sure have a lot of motorcycles!
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:14 AM   #369
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Congrats!

Where in Allentown did you buy it? That’s less than an hour from me.
His address is in Breinigsville.

The one feature this bike has that I didn't even know I needed, cruise control. Wow, that is a really cool feature.

Last edited by JDM74; 08-02-2020 at 04:19 AM.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:02 AM   #370

Quote:

The one feature this bike has that I didn't even know I needed, cruise control. Wow, that is a really cool feature.

My girlfriend works in that town. Small world.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #371
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Always a good thing to have on a road bike. I can't recall at this moment whether, or not, the 'Tracer 900' includes CC, but the 'FJ-09' didn't. Thankfully, a business down in Australia, MCCruise, produces true electronic (not the usual "throttle lock" crap) cruise control units for a wide variety of bikes, with quite a few times having more than one controller option. For example, with the FJ-09, you can either use their original controller (which mounts to the handlebar, just to the right of the left grip), their newer "slim" controller (same mounting location, but mounts vertically, instead of horizontally), or you can use a Tenere housing with CC switches installed by Yamaha.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Old 03-27-2021, 01:12 AM   #372
RCC Addict

Bumping an old one, I’ve been itching to get back on a bike since I sold my Ktm 690 almost 4 years ago. I bought a new to me 2017 Forester recently and although it’s super nice, I hate that that’s what I’m driving now. My girl ended up getting a new car, 2018 Honda CR-V a couple months ago and I’m always browsing bikes. I stumbled across a cool little cafe bike last night and told the girl, “I would ride the sh*t out of that thing” well today she says since I have a new car why don’t we look into getting you out of the Forester and you can get a nicer bike. Granted I still have my truck that needs a little tlc for those PNW rainy days.
So now to the point of this post, I’ve been shopping adventure bikes. My end goal would be the Ktm 1290 super adventure R
Anyone out there happen to own one of these? Or a 1090/1190? Or any of the other big adventure bikes?
Just curious to hear some thoughts if so.
As previously mentioned I grew up on dirt bikes but have never owned anything of this stature. It’s looking like I’m going to have to travel quite some distance to get what I want, which I’m ok with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 12:33 AM   #373
Rock Crawler

I've gone through that with several sports. Surfing, downhill mountain biking, and even with RC cars. I'm too new to dirtbikes for it to have happened yet, but I know it will eventually.

Usually what has brought me back was two things.

1. Time. I eventually just felt like doing it again, and it was fun.

2. Performance upgrades. Buying some new handlebars, or pegs, or riding boots. I enjoy the gear side of these sports, and sometimes when the fun of riding has dwindled, the excitement of new gear is enough to get me back up and riding. And then I start having fun again, because riding is fun.

Last edited by Fallen; 03-28-2022 at 12:39 AM.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Motorcycle discussion - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC motorcycle ? venomous98 Non Crawler RC's 10 04-16-2009 04:07 PM
My new Motorcycle jason Chit Chat 39 10-03-2008 06:35 AM
Rc Motorcycle Mechanicalbob Chit Chat 8 12-30-2006 07:55 AM
got in a motorcycle accident... STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 62 11-05-2006 03:45 PM