Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Still waiting on mine....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2016, 06:04 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Still waiting on mine....

Wow, great to see you all got some of your SCX10 II's. I'm still waiting mon mine from RPP, must have been at the back for the line or something on pre-order.

This pisser is that I coulda bought one at the LHS as they have had 3 or 4 of them already.

Last edited by HDMM; 06-13-2016 at 06:06 AM.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #2

Default Re: Still waiting on mine....

I'm in the same boat. Ordered 5/31, still "processing"
I2adioActive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I2adioActive View Post
I'm in the same boat. Ordered 5/31, still "processing"
Hell, I ordered 5/26 in the morning and still nothing, I don't blame RPP they can't ship what they don't have but ppl in thialand have theres
Popps 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:16 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I would have bought local and cancelled my preorder.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:19 AM   #5

I ordered the morning of 5/25 from RPP and haven't heard a word either. Don't blame RPP but really hoping to hear something soon.
A8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:34 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
Wow, great to see you all got some of your SCX10 II's. I'm still waiting mon mine from RPP, must have been at the back for the line or something on pre-order.

This pisser is that I coulda bought one at the LHS as they have had 3 or 4 of them already.
Like Col Sanders said, why didn't you just buy it from your LHS and cancel your order? If I find one local, I'll do exactly that. Oklahoma must be the black hole for, well everything.

Actually, a better question is, why did you even create this thread?
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:10 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Like Col Sanders said, why didn't you just buy it from your LHS and cancel your order? If I find one local, I'll do exactly that. Oklahoma must be the black hole for, well everything.

most LHS want 40.00 more then everone elso...
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
most LHS want 40.00 more then everone elso...
cause of mark up.

I work at my lhs and im on the racing team. so I get 20% off

in turn is what I pay for them is the same as my lhs pays for them.

make friends at your lhs and you might be able to get 10% off. or.. if they have a team, get on it.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:51 AM   #9
RCC Addict

1) Typically RPP has unbeatable service, hence the reason I per-ordered from them. Unfortunately they have not received the SCX10 II's for what ever reason.

2) RPP will not typically cancel a pre-order and if they do, they will only give you store credit (which doesn't help me out)
Old 06-15-2016, 06:52 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post

Why did I create this thread......well....it's chit-chat and I friggin felt like it.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #11

id consider it a lesson learned on being patient and supporting your lhs more often.

i do however think that an established hobby shop should have a pretty good idea by now to limit the amount of preorders on a release like this, and im really suprised you arent able to get your money back on a preorder item. damn good way to lose a customer imo.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
id consider it a lesson learned on being patient and supporting your lhs more often.

i do however think that an established hobby shop should have a pretty good idea by now to limit the amount of preorders on a release like this, and im really suprised you arent able to get your money back on a preorder item. damn good way to lose a customer imo.

Easy when you have a LHS to support...

Anyway, I am thinking this is something to do with independent hobby stores getting screwed by Hobbico/Axial. How is it some hobby stores, it seems more so in the midwest, have kits sitting on shelves, whereas stores like CKRC and RPP can't get their typical allotment? They may have received a fraction of their allotment and that was 10-14 days later than the midwest.

I am not part of the industry. I am making observations from feedback on RCCrawler and the hobby stores I generally hit up. RPP, CKRC, West Valley Hobbies (Salt Lake) and Amain.

It does suck that RPP's policy is 'in-store credit only' for a canceled order. But what else am I going to do. Nobody around me can get their hands on a kit anyway. (Excluding EBay, I don't shop there)

Edit: Sorry if I come off a bit pissed... my wife is telling me I need to chill the f out. Just a bit chapped when guys are like "I went into my LHS yesterday and picked up a new SCX10 II kit, I liked it so much I went back in today and bought another." Then there is a bunch of us that ordered from our favorite online store and are waiting and waiting and reading all these build threads and waiting...

Last edited by Chiphead; 06-15-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

ive seen 1 scx10 II in Michigan. and not on any lhs shelf. it was preordered from tower by a local. and he received it. don't know how.. but im a bit on the otherside of the fence now with these kits. all I want is 2 sets of axles and some extra parts to finish other builds.

looks like im gonna have to wait till late 2017 for axial to release an axle in a bag.

I don't think anybody got "screwed". I think more so as they didn't make enough for the initial release.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:43 PM   #14

i think we all can relate to being chapped over not getting a preorder or whatever while watching other people get theirs.

and sometimes its good to just get a good ol rant out. ;)

only place i preorder from is tower, because i prefer not to have my money taken until the product is on its way.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:45 AM   #15
RCC Addict

I guess, what I'm chapped about is paying for it up front when they don't have it, I don't usually do that but I figured with RPP I would get it fairly quick. Now locals here are getting them, I could have even bought one myself, but my money is tied up with RPP.

I used to order from Tower pretty much everything for years, specially since they are owned by great planes which is the Axial distributor. But in recent years, I get much better prices and quicker service from Amain. I order most of my "crawler" stuff from RPP though. The story I got from RPP is that the east coast GP warehouse got the SCX10 II's first for some reason and that why hobby shops on the east coast and some customers got some. Who knows....

I'm not blaming RPP, I don't agree with their policy, especially when I've paid for something that they are not delivering on, but I don't blame them for not getting a appropriate number of kits for whatever reason.

Last edited by HDMM; 06-16-2016 at 05:51 AM.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:49 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I think RPP has a financially right policy in place. I have read nothing but good reviews about them on this forum (mostly about fast shipping). Since they are a trading company, part of any trading business involves paying some third party to get the product in stock as quickly as possible so that they can ship it quickly to the customer or directly from a third party. If a customer executes an order, the retailer will execute an order further down the supply chain which cannot be cancelled. In such a situation if the customer cancels an order, the retailers money gets locked with a product that should have been sold. To remove the variables that can lead to financial lockup and to smooth out the process some rules are needed like the one that does not allow a refund.

Imagine, if 50 buyers out of 1000 cancel their order just because they found something else tempting, then the retailer would
have invested 50 multiply by X amount of product which can easily go into thousands of dollar.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:26 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Last edited by HDMM; 06-27-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:02 PM   #18
~THE SCALE SHOP~

just and FYI for those that may be new to the game. Tower Hobbies always get there shipments before RPP.
I always support RPP, but for new rigs, if speed is a concern id go with Tower.

I believe RPP did get a batch of SCX2s, but sent them out to the first preorders and were out again. ie didn't get enough to fill all preorders.

I was late preordering mine from Tower and got one of the second batch. about 2 weeks after those that preordered super early and got the very first ones.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:23 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

as I believe I stated before. tower, amain, and GP (great planes) are all the big three. owned by hobbico. and in turn... for rc companys they pull in the big bucks for the manufacturer. so they (hobbico) gets them first. then any lhs that orders from GP.

my lhs got three in Monday this week. 1 is gone. 2 are reserved lol. I went and picked mine up from a diff hobby shop 2 hrs away while I was at an event. built the axles and stole the rims and bull horns out of it and sold the rest of the kit for 150 to a good friend. im picking up my second one today.

im not bragging. just stating some facts. I think that if you have a lhs handy you should use it. ive seen many a few hobby shops close down due to tower and a main.

just my opinion. ...but my second one will stay sealed in a box and on my shelf to look at. im selfish right?

no. im gonna let my kid build it 10 years later so he can understand what work goes into a kit. a basic og scx10 wont teach him much.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:08 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Are you guys still waiting on yours? I preordered one from RPP 5/26 in the afternoon and still haven't received anything.
Raney120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Still waiting on mine.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
more waiting... DLeeTT Newbie General 3 12-15-2015 01:12 AM
Still waiting!! Crawlininga Axial Yeti 3 10-20-2014 07:33 PM
waiting? LEROY Newbie General 6 08-07-2008 06:40 AM
I was waiting for these to surface JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 78 06-02-2008 06:21 PM
just waiting wickedclod Tamiya Clod Buster 1 09-16-2006 02:11 PM