Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Is An MMX And HH Puller Pro Good For A RR10 Bomber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #41
I joined the Band!

Default Re: Tekin ROC 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
People really need to stop recommending the MMP over the MMX. Its not waterproof, It cant handle heavy trucks, It needs a fan ( that is prone to dying )..

Holmes Hobbies BLE, Or MMX, No other ESC's should even be on the table when discussing sensored brushless setups.
Well, people are telling me that the MMX is too much ESC and that it's awful for crawling, and then I have people telling me it's a great idea. It's just so confusing. It's definitely down to the BLE or the MMX. The BLE seems to just be a fancied MMP. Also, you were saying about heavy trucks. This Bomber when I'm done is gonna be a have truck. Going to have many aluminum upgrades, Vanquish Titanium links, Vanquish aluminum axles, all that stuff, and I'll be custom fabricating a aluminum roll cage and then I'm putting aluminum panels on it. Oh, and also I'm going to be putting the Super Shafty stainless steel trailing arms on it, which weigh 3.6 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by K.C.'s RV; 08-14-2016 at 09:42 PM.
K.C.'s RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #42
I joined the Band!

Its not awful at crawling, You just need to tune the throttle curve. Its really no more awful than any other brushless esc ..

Today doing the sled pull, Every other class 2 struggled to get the sled to the 2' mark, My class 2 got 12'.. Thanks again MMX!! No fan, 4S, Full throttle for the full minute , ESC was only 85* F, Motor was 87 *F. <3 my Puller Pro
Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:37 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C.'s RV View Post
Well, people are telling me that the MMX is too much ESC and that it's awful for crawling, and then I have people telling me it's a great idea. It's just so confusing. It's definitely down to the BLE or the MMX. The BLE seems to just be a fancied MMP. Also, you were saying about heavy trucks. This Bomber when I'm done is gonna be a have truck. Going to have many aluminum upgrades, Vanquish Titanium links, Vanquish aluminum axles, all that stuff, and I'll be custom fabricating a aluminum roll cage and then I'm putting aluminum panels on it. Oh, and also I'm going to be putting the Super Shafty stainless steel trailing arms on it, which weigh 3.6 pounds.

JEC racing SS trailing arms are 3.6 OZ, not pounds.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:52 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

There is so much wrong info in this thread, it's crazy!! HH BLE esc is a MMP! He removes the fan and on/off switch. He also adds 2 more things to software which is holmes hold and different frequencies to make it run silent. THAT'S IT PEOPLE!!! Both run 6s and have the same power output. Both esc's run sensored, smart sense and brushed motors.

Here are pictures of HH PP, MMP and MMX for size reference.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:56 PM   #45
I joined the Band!

Thank you for photos that prove what I've been saying all along, They are very similar in size, Weight, With the MMX winning out in overall features.. Even if waterproof was the only feature it had over the MMP, that would be enough, But increased power handling, Lack of fan. Win, win win.

Also just because a BLE is a MMP, Doesnt make a MMP = to a BLE.. MMP isnt waterproof, and isnt tuned like a BLE is.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:09 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
What Tweak ????

Simple question then, WHAT is the difference ? I'm sitting here looking at all 3 versions.
MMP SCT edition
MMP......
HH BLE -PRO

All program the same, Holmes has a nice display window, features all seem to work the same, all have 213% drag brake...

All run the same???? WTF

The label and price tag are my answers.
I think the only firmware difference is the ability to change the switching frequency for silent operation with the Holmes BLE, something I'm quite fond of in my rigs.
HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:02 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

K.C.'s RV - I have been told directly by the people behind Holmes Hobbies that moving from a Stubby to a Standard Puller Pro can size is recommended for the Bomber.

Not that it can't do well with the Stubby... it's just that the increased torque from the bigger can helps noticeably for heavier rigs.

Regarding MMX vs the various permutations of the MMP - I myself did go with the MMX, but really just for the on-the-fly drag brake feature. Otherwise would have got the HH BLE.

Kit is still not built, haven't sent for the replacement HH PP in a different kv yet as I'm still purchasing other small hop-ups and will see if the 3500kv is in stock when I'm ready.

Thanks for finding the details of the changes HH does with the BLE, guys - I thought I might be losing my mind a bit!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:17 AM   #48
Rock Stacker

Quote:
People really need to stop recommending the MMP over the MMX. Its not waterproof, It cant handle heavy trucks, It needs a fan ( that is prone to dying )..

Holmes Hobbies BLE, Or MMX, No other ESC's should even be on the table when discussing sensored brushless setups.

What about the RSX or the RS Gen2? that is what Tekin recommends for the 412.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:08 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:

Wrong wrong wrong! You talkin bout people that run these esc's that can give accurate info for newer users? The fact that you allow those 2(for heavy trucks?) to be only option is hilarious! The mmp/rx8 was the go to esc before the mmx/ble & still is to some! I agree mmx/ble is a great esc but there is others!!! Rsx,rs,hobbywing 120amp just to mention couple more

Waterproof is also a good thing obviously but can be done as good or better by user!

Remember its a bomber not a sled puller

Last edited by sic1to; 08-15-2016 at 07:20 AM.
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:20 AM   #50
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
Wrong wrong wrong! You talkin bout people that run these esc's that can give accurate info for newer users? The fact that you allow those 2(for heavy trucks?) to be only option is hilarious! The mmp/rx8 was the go to esc before the mmx/ble & still is to some! I agree mmx/ble is a great esc but there is others!!! Rsx,rs,hobbywing 120amp just to mention couple more

Remember its a bomber not a sled puller
lol You kids thinking a TTC is only a sled pull, SO cute..

Its a comp scale crawler that just so happens to be a top truck.

A consistently first place TT I might add.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:54 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

What does that have to do with what esc to put in a bomber? Jack fawkin' squat.

The mmx looks like a good piece but it sure isn't the only choice on the market by s loooong shot.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #52
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
What does that have to do with what esc to put in a bomber? Jack fawkin' squat.

The mmx looks like a good piece but it sure isn't the only choice on the market by s loooong shot.
Lol. I agree, there is so many options out there. It's between the BLE and MMX for me.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:34 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C.'s RV View Post
Lol. I agree, there is so many options out there. It's between the BLE and MMX for me.

If your building a crawler or trail rig, BLE.

If your building a go fast basher, MMX.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:

Kids??? You idiots thinking a mmx/ble is the only esc to run in that type of rig...thats foolish!

Btw Im not fimiliar with every aspect of this hobby...but when a smartass is around its obvious

Go with what ya want KC sorry for thread clutter
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #55
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
If your building a crawler or trail rig, BLE.

If your building a go fast basher, MMX.
I want to be able to have a good trail rig, but also a basher. That's why I'm getting the 2 speed. I'm gonna get the MMX and a HH Puller Pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic1to View Post
Kids??? You idiots thinking a mmx/ble is the only esc to run in that type of rig...thats foolish!

Btw Im not fimiliar with every aspect of this hobby...but when a smartass is around its obvious

Go with what ya want KC sorry for thread clutter
It's ok. No worries man:-)

Old 08-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

CORRECT ANSWER......IS : the MMP and Holmes Hobbies TrailMaster BL ESC.......rated for vehicles up to 6.5 lbs on 3s

The MM2 and MMX for heavier vehicles......

The only listed difference for the HH TrailMaster BL is " Adjustable switching frequency allows for silent operation and efficiency tuning."

I own one and IF there is such a thing as " HOLMES HOLD" there is NO DOCUMENTATION included on how to use or set.

I am NOT complaining as I love the esc with my Tekin 17.5 sensored.....
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #57
Rock Stacker

I'll leave all of you in the dust with my 3 speed step resistor speed control.

I'm going to try the ROC 412 and the RSX. and I also have the 2 spd.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:04 PM   #58
MODERATOR™

Hah, rating ESCs for weight is a gimmick. And if you can't find documentation about the "Holmes Hold", then you can't search worth a shit.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:19 PM   #59
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Hah, rating ESCs for weight is a gimmick. And if you can't find documentation about the "Holmes Hold", then you can't search worth a shit.
So, I get banned for using that type of language, but you don't?
Does this ring a bell? http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57b2621b...15-204420.png?
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57b26221...15-204320.png?
Just saying

Last edited by K.C.'s RV; 08-15-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:00 PM   #60
MODERATOR™

I don't care what language you use. But I do care how you use it. Shall we go back and see how you used it? Or as you'll notice in the second link, it says "grow up"?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote

Is An MMX And HH Puller Pro Good For A RR10 Bomber? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tekin roc 412 or tekin fxr hand wound 35t DTA510 Axial SCX-10 10 12-23-2015 05:28 PM
tekin roc 412 or tekin fxr hand wound 35t DTA510 Formula Offroad 0 12-20-2015 09:29 PM