RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Image size in classifieds (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/572943-image-size-classifieds.html)

801RYAN 10-16-2016 07:20 PM

Image size in classifieds

What a joke....I can post the same size image in build threads but for some bull shit reason not in the classifieds refund my 20 bucks if i can't post a freaking add with out jumping though hoops for the image nazi

allanon1965 10-16-2016 07:42 PM

Re: Image size in classifieds

the rules are not just for classifieds...seems like they may not be enforced as strictly though..this is from the forum rules section, not specifically the classifieds..

Posting pics

Read this post if you want to post pictures. Click Here
Pics should be no more than 800 pixels wide x 600 pixels tall to keep upload times of the pages reasonable.
Pictures (including avatars) should not be sexually suggestive or have any nudity.

Resizing pics

If you are not great with computers and can't resize pics here is a simple suggestion. Click Here

THX_138 10-16-2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 801RYAN (Post 5576291)
What a joke....I can post the same size image in build threads but for some bull shit reason not in the classifieds refund my 20 bucks if i can't post a freaking add with out jumping though hoops for the image nazi

What a joke?

Okey dokey, I'll be sure to completely deny your classifieds posts from now on instead of taking the extra time to remove any oversized images and post remainder of ad for you because you're too inconsiderate of lazy to follow the forum rules.

As for your same oversized images posted in build threads etc..., yeah, those are oversized too and there's only so much time in a day and mostly we rely on adults taking the time to follow a few simple rules put forth and not have to police every image.

Believe it or not a great majority of forum members still have crappy internet connections and oversized images slow their page loading emmensely. Not too mention when someone posts an oversized image, the rest of the correctly sized images then get smaller because the vBulletin system as shrinking the rest of the page to accommodate the oversized image/images.

There's many other reasons too the forum has a size rule of 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall or smaller.

Deleting your oversized images is not freeking out.
You posting this little rant however is.

The rules were in place long before you donated your $20 and they won't be changed just because you think you're above he rules.

Have a great night "thumbsup"

Zukiiholic 10-16-2016 08:48 PM

Are you having problems resizing?
On Most Windows XP OS it has a Photo editing program..
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...psjeiqm8st.jpg

There are a few extra steps I take..
Load to home, Edit at home and save on Photobucket and
post here..
Don't get too Overly excited.. I've received the same message before..
Fixed issue and all was good..

badhoopty 10-16-2016 09:23 PM

i should know this... but if you upload an image to the site using the sites upload feature, is it automatically resized?

THX_138 10-16-2016 09:41 PM

I do not believe so.

Pretty sure that all images need to be saved to photo album of the users PC, laptop, tablet, phone in correct size before loading them here albeit directly or utilizing an outside image host.

I kinda think maybe 2&1/2-3 years ago they auto corrected when loading here using the sites upload feature, but pretty sure it doesn't happen like that any more.

badhoopty 10-16-2016 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
testing.

this is the first time my dog saw cows. something literally woke up inside him the instant he saw them.

original size 3264x1836

badhoopty 10-16-2016 10:14 PM

resized it to 1200x675

personally, unless the pics are huge i dont mind. the thing i hate about huge pics is it makes the copy rag the length of the largest image posted on that page.

that said... if there is one place where 800x600 should be enforced as well as all the other rules, its the bst.

WHITE-TRASH 10-16-2016 10:39 PM

The forum software will automatically resize pictures uploaded if the tab is checked by an administrator. Good luck getting one to show up around here unless it's for a moment to add another advertiser to the banner.

TexasSP 10-17-2016 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badhoopty (Post 5576365)
this is the first time my dog saw cows. something literally woke up inside him the instant he saw them.

It's like you can tell what he's thinking. "Whoa, I have found my meaning in life and got sh!t to do man".

Good looking dog btw. Is he mixed or full breed?

imthatguy 10-17-2016 08:44 AM

I plopped this one into my forum code years ago. Works a treat and allows for rules ignorance (and cuts down on Mod time).

nCode Image Resizer

skinnyj 10-17-2016 09:06 AM

Quote:

testing.

original size 3264x1836

He suddenly felt this overwhelming urge to herd?

snapon boy 10-17-2016 09:21 AM

I'm glad SBG did so because I posted lots of pictures without editing them. I did it on rccralwer also! However THX_138 pulled me aside and educated me. I think I've got them all fixed now. Just follow the rules and remember we all make mistakes. Life goes on.
Fish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

badhoopty 10-17-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasSP (Post 5576483)
It's like you can tell what he's thinking. "Whoa, I have found my meaning in life and got sh!t to do man".

Good looking dog btw. Is he mixed or full breed?

full-on blue heeler. his name is dog.

smart little dude.

wings_of_fire 10-17-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THX_138 (Post 5576318)
What a joke?

Okey dokey, I'll be sure to completely deny your classifieds posts from now on instead of taking the extra time to remove any oversized images and post remainder of ad for you because you're too inconsiderate of lazy to follow the forum rules.

As for your same oversized images posted in build threads etc..., yeah, those are oversized too and there's only so much time in a day and mostly we rely on adults taking the time to follow a few simple rules put forth and not have to police every image.

Believe it or not a great majority of forum members still have crappy internet connections and oversized images slow their page loading emmensely. Not too mention when someone posts an oversized image, the rest of the correctly sized images then get smaller because the vBulletin system as shrinking the rest of the page to accommodate the oversized image/images.

There's many other reasons too the forum has a size rule of 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall or smaller.

Thanks for your post. It clicked me, how easy it is for us users to overlook forum rules and at the same time, unkown to the amount of work that is done by mods to keep it clean for us to use. Sometimes we forget social responsibility which also applies to forum use and not just real life.

Its suprises me to know that, a majority of users have crappy internet. I knew I had :lmao:. My broadband was lost due to buildings coming up and a lot of changes to infrastructure. My current network provider gives 2G only. From January 2017, 1 GB of 4G data will cost us less than a dollar (0.75 usd) and thats super cheap.

Quote:

Cow in road :ror:

Last time I saw him was on someones lap, a little pup you had just got back then.

Dogs grow fast. Their innocence and little size is lost in like 6 months.

He is a smart looking dog.

C*H*U*D 10-17-2016 01:28 PM

Check your camera/phone settings. Just because you can take a 10MB picture, doesn't mean you have to.

Mike Flea 10-17-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THX_138 (Post 5576355)
I do not believe so.

Pretty sure that all images need to be saved to photo album of the users PC, laptop, tablet, phone in correct size before loading them here albeit directly or utilizing an outside image host.

I kinda think maybe 2&1/2-3 years ago they auto corrected when loading here using the sites upload feature, but pretty sure it doesn't happen like that any more.

No, it doesn't, that's why I got the pm on oversize. Now I set my camera to the right size before I take pics and upload to site.

801RYAN 10-17-2016 08:40 PM

Thanks for all the tips and info guys .. I had no clue you could adjust the size before you even took the picture. I'm going to look into that..

Ate a Snickers felling better...

STANG KILLA SS 10-18-2016 09:11 AM

i have to agree with OP here. 800x 600 size pics are so 1997. were not running 15" CRT 4 x 3 monitors anymore with 1024 resolution.

pic size needs to be updated with the times.

EeePee 10-18-2016 09:52 AM

Some of us aren't using huge monitors. Or even on my iPhone n iPod most pictures are ****ed up. Mostly yours, Stangkilla. I stopped reading your racing thread because of it.

It comes across to me as lazy that people don't resize their shit. It ain't hard to do.