Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Is it just me, or is axial overpriced?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #161

Default Re: Is it just me, or is axial overpriced?

I'm not waiting in line behind 1,200 people. That's cool, but crazy.

I thought they were against running anything except Axial trucks.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #162
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'm not waiting in line behind 1,200 people. That's cool, but crazy.

I thought they were against running anything except Axial trucks.
they allow products from other sponsors products, but only axial based rigs.
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:30 PM   #163
Rock Crawler

And now you can contact your favorite aftermarket frame rail manufacturer, submit a request to them to submit a request and sample for approval to run their rails at axial fest.... what a joke... IMO..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascender'nMN84 View Post
And now you can contact your favorite aftermarket frame rail manufacturer, submit a request to them to submit a request and sample for approval to run their rails at axial fest.... what a joke... IMO..

Yea no kidding! They have a much better setup at vaterrafest! ...Wait a second...
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #165
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Yea no kidding! They have a much better setup at vaterrafest! ...Wait a second...
I guess Axial is too busy doing CYA on parts/kits/factory locations and making how-to videos to make a few calls to a few vendors for samples. Do more of their legwork for them. They are obviously busy enough as it is.

Edit: I own Axial stuff and would have a brand new SCX10 II kit sitting in front of me had they not done away with using coupons on kits. I'll still buy Axial in the future once they get their stuff together. Axial Fest looks like a blast and I'd love to attend when the kid is older. Just struck me as odd is all.

Last edited by Ascender'nMN84; 03-26-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #166
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascender'nMN84 View Post
I guess Axial is too busy doing CYA on parts/kits/factory locations and making how-to videos to make a few calls to the phone calls to a few vendors for samples. Do more of their legwork for them. They are obviously busy enough as it is.

Edit: I own Axial stuff and would have a brand new SCX10 II kit sitting in front of me had they not done away with using coupons on kits. I'll still buy Axial in the future once they get their stuff together. Axial Fest looks like a blast and I'd love to attend when the kid is older. Just struck me as odd is all.

You are very correct in a statement you made about "coupons". I was contemplating which scale rig to buy but when I saw the coupon discount was not allowed with Axial I bought RC4WD. Both have their advantages, for me the coupon issue decided the best bang for the buck.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:39 PM   #167
Pebble Pounder

living in new zealand anything axial is way way way expensive...and getting parts is just as bad. there is a so called new zealand axial supplier now that pretty much takes your money then orders it from the states just the same as you or i would!!! my wraith cost me around $800 nz dollar by the time it got here and that was an rtr around 5 years ago i think now, i still have it and love but man it was a big out lay then having to upgrade front axle,shafts,links the list goes on......... i also have a knock off hammers which was a steal at around $200 from hobbyking at the time. im looking at getting another crawler but im not sure what ill look at this time as not been able to just go to local hobby store or get parts in 1-2 days i have to buy smart and in saying this axial has so many options to buy replacement parts online they always seem to be something i look at since vaterra/mst/rc4wd just dont have the parts support. i have been looking at the deadbolt but again am turned away by the lack of having to upgrade parts straight out of the box at around $600 nz dollars......

so my thoughts are yes i think they are abit over priced, im not saying i dont think there pricing is in reason but they are quite a large out lay of cash when you have to spend more straight away on basic thing to make it semi decent crawler/trail truck.
skidtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:17 PM   #168
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidtoy View Post
living in new zealand anything axial is way way way expensive...
If it's even more expensive in New Zealand then don't buy axial! You know it's overpriced to begin with so don't do it. If you're considering the deadbolt check out the clone - Redcat Everest 10.
JoelTGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #169
Rock Stacker

I am curious. Does Axial fest have a U4RC track yet?? If not. I am thinking its only a matter of time. U4RC tracks are popping up more and more on youtube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Ctrain57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #170
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrain57 View Post
I am curious. Does Axial fest have a U4RC track yet?? If not. I am thinking its only a matter of time. U4RC tracks are popping up more and more on youtube.
Yes, every year for at least the last couple years!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:18 AM   #171
Rock Stacker

Yeah. Dont know how I missed that. Just watched a couple axial fests. U4RC track a main attraction. Duhhhhh. To myself. Lol. When does axialfest start.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #172

That's the $100 question. I don't think they have announced the date for it. They are tight lipped about production and pretty much everything Axial. My local has told me several times May is when he is expecting Axial to start shipping, but I am not holding my breath on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrain57 View Post
When does axialfest start.

vipers28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #173
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipers28 View Post
That's the $100 question. I don't think they have announced the date for it. They are tight lipped about production and pretty much everything Axial. My local has told me several times May is when he is expecting Axial to start shipping, but I am not holding my breath on that.
Right..lol. Axial is in shambles. Just wont admit it for fear of bad rapore. I am lucky. The other week my fiance got a facebook text from one of the church ladies stating she had an rc car in pieces for 15 bucks. Guess what it was. A friggin Axial Ridgecrest missing a skidplate and body posts. I scooped it up. I have heard of swinging deals. But this takes the cake. The AR60's were in perfect shape. Thats all the money right there. The axles. I am soooo stoked.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #174
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
AxialFest is July 12-16th at Cisco Grove Campground.

I'll take that $100 now, thanks.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #175

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post

Ohhh BURN!

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:05 PM   #176

CAN funds so what that equals $1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post

vipers28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:27 AM   #177
RCC Addict

What still not in stock......I guess it doesn't matter if there over priced
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #178
Pebble Pounder

I emailed Axial and the response was late May for the SCX10 2. With this amount of down time, I wonder if they plan to come back with a new offering when their factory is up and running. Setting aside the little 1/18 trucks, the last major release was back in July of 16 - they dropped BOTH the SCX10 2 and SMT10.
Pete9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:39 AM   #179
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete9 View Post
I emailed Axial and the response was late May for the SCX10 2. With this amount of down time, I wonder if they plan to come back with a new offering when their factory is up and running. Setting aside the little 1/18 trucks, the last major release was back in July of 16 - they dropped BOTH the SCX10 2 and SMT10.
You'd think they'd have to. 2 versions of the SMT10 back to back months basically but only the kit and RTR Jeep 10.2? It'd only make sense.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:36 AM   #180

You know, I was just talking with my Buddy about this. I had purchased my 10.2 RTR about a month back and in a months time I have dumped about $500 worth of upgrades into it. My buddy says, "man, I would say that's excessive, but everything you have done to the truck is things that make sense and should have been standard on the truck from the factory. I get that the truck is only $400 and I don't expect it to be built like my $1000 Xmaxx, but I'm not sure that in stock form the truck should be priced at $400.
Mooch55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Is it just me, or is axial overpriced? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM
Overpriced dual-sport......er no? turkinworm Chit Chat 3 09-25-2010 10:32 PM