Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: How Do They Stay In Business?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: How Do They Stay In Business?

I don't think any of them are screwing their business, at least the smaller guys. They do it for fun and to support us. It's by no means their primary income. You should be thanking them.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2017, 05:34 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=donny8594;5686374]I know it was mentioned that we are in a small world inside a small hobby. Tracking down parts makes this hobby unique.
If you dont like the suppliers buisness model, well start your own

I would if I really thought that there was a way to make it work well before I die! And I did it when I started my current business 26 years ago this Jan 1st.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Thats says a lot. Its hard to have a company that caters to a small crowd.
donny8594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:47 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Forget the hobby, garage one man operation. What do you feel is the end result if you go to a web page put 4 items in your cart and there is only 1 item in stock, 25% order fill is not very good. And the original question was "How Do They Stay In Business?" I was hoping to get a more direct answer but this is what I gleaned from the above- It's part of the hobby, Seller loyalty, Brand loyalty or it is the way the hobbies always been or we are used to it.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Maybe, I'll go anywhere I get what I need right now. I try to get as much as I can locally but when they don't have it I'll go anywhere that does. Except the smaller one off stuff. I have no problem waiting for that.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
Maybe, I'll go anywhere I get what I need right now. I try to get as much as I can locally but when they don't have it I'll go anywhere that does. Except the smaller one off stuff. I have no problem waiting for that.
I am stuck ordering most online. The closest hobby shop is a 3 hour drive the closest large hobby shop with anything scale or crawler is a 6 hour drive.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

We get the salad. Everybody else they target gets the steak.
They buy steak, we dont.
donny8594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:02 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Just Imagine how we Euro boys get killed on shipping when we have to split up out stuff to 3 sellers instead of one

Make it damn hard to be in a marginal hobby like the scalers is.

Some times buying 1 thing from rc4wd and for some reason that double the prize for some stupid little thing when rc4wd slam on their expensive shipping.
And don't get me started on when the local customs get their hands on your spare parts.

I have just gotten spare parts for my TF2 tranny and transfer case, and hitting customs here they doubled the cost & shipping prize, making me feel very stupid and very angry.
So i now have the worlds most expensive TF2 tranny and transfer internals, if not i am at least in the top 3 of the most expensive TF2 gearbox and t - case.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

You know everywhere that I've ordered has an out-of-stock on the webpage of the what-ever-part I'm trying to order. In most or all cases you even get the option to be placed on the waiting list.

Most people take some time to fully finish a scale RC, I myself have aquired the RC4WD transmission, V8, super punisher rebuildable driveshafts, GCM L handed transfer case, 1.55" pit bull growlers, HH puller pro, and a trail master BLE, hitec 7950. I don't even have a chassis to put anything on. I've been at it for a lil more than a year, if you count the axial bomber I took time to upgraded (VP goodies). If your serious about it the shipping won't frighten you away from you purchases, but don't buy anything from eBay without checking if the Sellars has a walk-in store location.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Well if there is one thing this post has succeeded at is proof there is passion and loyalty in this part of the RC World.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:04 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

I'm in the midst of a freshening up a older wraith slider.
RPP , Tower, LHS..... that's who had my needs in stock NOW.
I do hate this time of the year, waiting for the new years to end so we can get parts.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:18 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
If some of these companies only knew how many times I went on their websites placed $200.00 worth of stuff in a cart, then turned around and purchased it someplace else because they where out of stock of one or two important items they would be sick.
Most online stores know exactly how many people do that. It's a part of most website backend analytics. My site definitely tells me this info and a lot more. It's super useful but there's only so much you can do with the information. RPP can't force a vendor to send them more inventory.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:20 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I'm in the midst of a freshening up a older wraith slider.
RPP , Tower, LHS..... that's who had my needs in stock NOW.
I do hate this time of the year, waiting for the new years to end so we can get parts.

Hang up and Drive
I have heard that the Chinese New Year does slow things down. But it is not a new happening I would have thought importers would have figured how to stay ahead of that issue.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
Most online stores know exactly how many people do that. It's a part of most website backend analytics. My site definitely tells me this info and a lot more. It's super useful but there's only so much you can do with the information. RPP can't force a vendor to send them more inventory.
For what it is worth I never knew of RPP until last week. Ordered my first 2 items from and they had both in stock for the TF2, Good Job RPP!
Old 03-23-2017, 07:26 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
For what it is worth I never knew of RPP until last week. Ordered my first 2 items from and they had both in stock for the TF2, Good Job RPP!
If you call them they answer the phone too.👍
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
If you call them they answer the phone too.👍
Wow a real person! Are they any good at Tech questions on what I may or may not need for an issue?
Old 03-23-2017, 07:30 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You won't last very long in this segment of the hobby without handing RPP a lot of your money. So good job on getting over that hurdle. You've also already made a thread that's kind of pointless and vague inviting the OG members to poke fun at you. So that's another hurdle cleared. But you did manage to stick it in the right section of the forum.... hmmmmm. That's strange.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Wow a real person! Are they any good at Tech questions on what I may or may not need for an issue?
I get theimpression that they are a brick and mortar store with an online presence. I called a few times with questions and they had the answers like they actually knew the products they sold.

Last edited by Ditchrat; 03-23-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
You won't last very long in this segment of the hobby without handing RPP a lot of your money. So good job on getting over that hurdle. You've also already made a thread that's kind of pointless and vague inviting the OG members to poke fun at you. So that's another hurdle cleared. But you did manage to stick it in the right section of the forum.... hmmmmm. That's strange.
Nope it done got moved here by a MOD! And after 28 years working in a prison it takes a whole more than this to get me going!!

Last edited by sherbs; 03-23-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:41 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Nope it done got moved here by a MOD! And after 28 years working in a prison it takes a whole more than this to get me going!!
Just bustin stones man. I work in the alcohol manufacturing industry. I had a long day of drinking at work and didn't stop when I got home. But seriously, RPP is awesome. They are a brick and mortar store and they've been supporting the crawling segment since it started way back in the dinosaur days when we were all ordering TLT axle parts from them and losing our shit when RC4WD started releasing scale looking tires. Welcome to the nut house.

How Do They Stay In Business? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stay with 1.9s or go to 2.2s? Ghostrider304 Tires and Wheels 19 12-02-2012 08:53 PM