RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Napa pissed me off (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/582516-napa-pissed-me-off.html)

kgb424 03-29-2017 10:17 PM

Napa pissed me off

I bought a replacement heater core, from my local Napa auto parts store

spent a couple hours completely taking the dash board apart

To get the heater core out, and new core does not have the insolated

Foam round the core, and it will rattle around, with out the foam

So I went to Napa and asked them and they don't know shit about it

They keep telling me its the right core, and none of them have the foam

Then they tried to sell me a 30 foot roll of foam for $25 that is

Not in stock, and kept telling me the core was OEM, to me that means its ready to go back into the truck, I got pissed off, cause they never mentioned

You needed foam to insulate the heater core, when I ordered it, it does not say anything on their website, that you need the foam

Then they got a dumb look on their faces when you ask, and pissed me off the second time

I ended up going to a Radiator shop and they wrapped the core, in foam for free cause Napa also pissed them off too

Now its supposed to snow tonight now I got to wait for the weather

to warm up an melt the snow, before I can start putting it back together

It just pain in my ass from the get go

KJ10 03-29-2017 10:52 PM

Re: Napa pissed me off

First time, huh? None of the older replacements come with that foam. Get over it, and learn, if you plan on keeping an old vehicle on the road.

<--drives 40yo Jeeps, daily.

kgb424 03-29-2017 11:13 PM

Napa is only part of what pissed me off , I had to remove the cables for the heater control, I was able to remove 3 of the 4 cables, I thought I would ask how to get the fourth cable off

So I called the Local Toyota dealer and get told that they don't work on 30 year old vehicles and this was the service manager, the same guy I talked too early this month in person

When he quoted me over a 1000 dollars in the beginning of March, to replace the heater core

Then tells me it wasn't him, they only have one Service Manager and his picture is on the wall at the Toyota dealership

With a plaque saying he is the service manager and says his name, I have been to the Toyota Dealer and they only

Have one Service manager and I have met him and talked too him and recognize his voice and its the guy on the wall

What pissed me off, is that he straight up lied to me, saying he didn't quote me

Then when I said his name and described what he looked like, he didn't know anything and had to go

I don't like being lied too and got lied too my face a few times today

And it pissed me off, that they can't be XXXXXXXX honest

KJ10 03-29-2017 11:15 PM

Apparently, they know you, too! :lol:

kgb424 03-29-2017 11:36 PM

You can't bullshit me, when the guy introduced him self as the service manager and gave me a business card with his name on it and his picture that matches the one on the wall

As we walked passed his picture that he pointed out, I don't liked being lied too period, you can't bullshit with me for 10 minute or so

Then play dumb when I call you on your bullshit, it just pisses me off even more

I was raised to be brutally honest my whole life, I don't lie even if it will save my ass

I tell the truth even if, I end up XXXXXXX myself, and expect honesty

Especially when I paying for a service or business

Hate liars with a passion

And would love to put my foot in their lying asses

Sarra 03-30-2017 01:44 AM

Should just take it to the dealer. They can do it right, but it'll cost you a bunch. Costs money, but saves time.

TacoCrawler 03-30-2017 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgb424 (Post 5689363)
I bought a replacement heater core, from my local Napa auto parts store

spent a couple hours completely taking the dash board apart

To get the heater core out, and new core does not have the insolated

Foam round the core, and it will rattle around, with out the foam

So I went to Napa and asked them and they don't know shit about it

They keep telling me its the right core, and none of them have the foam

Then they tried to sell me a 30 foot roll of foam for $25 that is

Not in stock, and kept telling me the core was OEM, to me that means its ready to go back into the truck, I got pissed off, cause they never mentioned

You needed foam to insulate the heater core, when I ordered it, it does not say anything on their website, that you need the foam

Then they got a dumb look on their faces when you ask, and pissed me off the second time

I ended up going to a Radiator shop and they wrapped the core, in foam for free cause Napa also pissed them off too

Now its supposed to snow tonight now I got to wait for the weather

to warm up an melt the snow, before I can start putting it back together

It just pain in my ass from the get go

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...file/blah2.gif http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...file/blah2.gif http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...file/blah2.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgb424 (Post 5689375)
Napa is only part of what pissed me off , I had to remove the cables for the heater control, I was able to remove 3 of the 4 cables, I thought I would ask how to get the fourth cable off

So I called the Local Toyota dealer and get told that they don't work on 30 year old vehicles and this was the service manager, the same guy I talked too early this month in person

When he quoted me over a 1000 dollars in the beginning of March, to replace the heater core

Then tells me it wasn't him, they only have one Service Manager and his picture is on the wall at the Toyota dealership

With a plaque saying he is the service manager and says his name, I have been to the Toyota Dealer and they only

Have one Service manager and I have met him and talked too him and recognize his voice and its the guy on the wall

What pissed me off, is that he straight up lied to me, saying he didn't quote me

Then when I said his name and described what he looked like, he didn't know anything and had to go

I don't like being lied too and got lied too my face a few times today

And it pissed me off, that they can't be XXXXXXXX honest

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...file/blah2.gif http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...file/blah2.gif http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...file/blah2.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgb424 (Post 5689380)
You can't bullshit me, when the guy introduced him self as the service manager and gave me a business card with his name on it and his picture that matches the one on the wall

As we walked passed his picture that he pointed out, I don't liked being lied too period, you can't bullshit with me for 10 minute or so

Then play dumb when I call you on your bullshit, it just pisses me off even more

I was raised to be brutally honest my whole life, I don't lie even if it will save my ass

I tell the truth even if, I end up XXXXXXX myself, and expect honesty

Especially when I paying for a service or business

Hate liars with a passion

And would love to put my foot in their lying asses

...http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0file/wind.gif

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...wow_bounce.gif You can't obtain a satisfactory purchase from the Chinese or Americans :flipoff: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../hahaha_01.gif

CREEPERBOB 03-30-2017 04:23 AM

It definitely isn't only Napa, the whole damn service industry has obtained the interest of a McDonalds employee.
Sad state of affairs, and I'm sure the heater core was Chinese.

BigSki 03-30-2017 08:06 PM

That piece of foam wouldn't be present in a new heater core even if you purchased the heater core directly from Toyota.

allanon1965 03-30-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSki (Post 5689870)
That piece of foam wouldn't be present in a new heater core even if you purchased the heater core directly from Toyota.

agreed, done many many heater cores with cores sourced from the dealer, and many aftermarket ones...none of them come with the foam. You use the old foam if it can be salvaged or buy a roll of it and wrap it your self.."thumbsup"

Sarra 03-30-2017 10:53 PM

I worked for Autozone for a while. A lady came in with a car that wouldn't start, and wanted to buy injectors because her crap mechanic told her that that was the problem. I looked it up, it was one of the Chevy V6's that used those terrible, shitty poppet valve setups. I told her to go online and find an injector conversion kit, to replace the poppet valves with real injectors, and replace the fuel pump. She walked out of the store without spending a penny. My boss was happy that I did that. I could have sold her the stupid poppet valve kit that Autozone sells, but her car wouldn't have run even after doing that, and she wouldn't have been happy with her purchase. Instead, I gave her advice, and she left happy.

It didn't hurt that I got Rookie of the Month for the most upsales and such, and I wasn't even a cashier/teller, I was a delivery driver, just ran register when there weren't any deliveries.

kgb424 03-31-2017 02:03 PM

I just bought a original Tamiya Subaru Brat with a extra Frog body and driver for around $75 bucks with shipping from Ireland

And didn't have any problem talking to my fellow Irishman, My family history is English, Irish, and Germany

And we have had are family history confirmed and the Pearsall Family came from England on the Mayflower and were part of the Pilgrims seeking freedom in the new world

There has been a Pearsall in every war from the Pilgrims to the Civil War, there was a Pearsall, that was a elite Sharpshooter and well decorated Officer, my grandpa and great grandpa were in WW1,WW2

My dad and my Mom brother were in Korea, my Dad's 3 brothers, were 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, and the 3rd was a Green Beret, and all 3 volunteered to go to Nam

The Pearsall's stopped enlisting after all 3 of returned from Nam, and all had seen some shit and help other vets

I joined the Navy See Bee's as a Heavy Equipment Operator and from the late 80's to the early 90's, before I went reserves, we saved a lot of lives in Gulfport and Biloxi MS area,

Every time there was a tornado or hurricane or there was flooding, the See Bee's were called into action

I must of moved tons of sand to fill thousands of sand bags and seen a few twister in my time there

In away if you look at it, I am America

Deal with that

BUBBA069 03-31-2017 02:14 PM

did I miss a post? how do you go from no foam on a heater core to a random post about a Irish dude and family service history?

Sneetches 03-31-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUBBA069 (Post 5690215)
did I miss a post? how do you go from no foam on a heater core to a random post about a Irish dude and family service history?

You probably forgot to hit the pipe in between posts.

Hal 03-31-2017 06:03 PM

Where the xxxx is this thread going??? Sounds like a FB rant!!!

BigSki 03-31-2017 06:31 PM

it's the usual way his threads go.

C*H*U*D 04-03-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgb424 (Post 5690209)
...I am America

Make kgb424 Great Again "thumbsup"

Sarra 04-03-2017 11:04 PM

How? Does everyone else need to learn Russian now, or something?

DVS 04-03-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarra (Post 5691667)
how? Does everyone else need to learn russian now, or something?

Да !

THX_138 04-04-2017 12:39 AM

I've read a lot of his whacked out ranting threads, but I think this one wins the all time off the wall award even for himself.

I bought a set of disc brakes for my truck last week but man o man am I ever pissed!!!! The damn things never came with a whole new axle and leaf springs!!!!!!!!:evil:

Not too mention the dude at mcdonalds said my burger was going to be delicious... but I swung the highest on the swing set at the playground in third grade!

:roll::roll::roll: