RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   I keep finding threads with eye-rolls saying this is an old topic, but no answers. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/584590-i-keep-finding-threads-eye-rolls-saying-old-topic-but-no-answers.html)

Galileo 05-14-2017 07:20 AM

I keep finding threads with eye-rolls saying this is an old topic, but no answers.

What is happening with Axial? Every thread I see about this says its so last week, so last month, so 4 months ago.

Then someone says this is why they hate forums.

From what I can tell there is a huge shortage or stoppage of any new Axial product available anywhere period.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to quit being a smart alec for a minute and help me and other old guys understand the situation.

Ascender'nMN84 05-14-2017 07:35 AM

Re: I keep finding threads with eye-rolls saying this is an old topic, but no answers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galileo (Post 5707389)
What is happening with Axial? Every thread I see about this says its so last week, so last month, so 4 months ago.

Then someone says this is why they hate forums.

From what I can tell there is a huge shortage or stoppage of any new Axial product available anywhere period.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to quit being a smart alec for a minute and help me and other old guys understand the situation.

The truth is there is no "official" answer from Axial. To the best of my knowledge they were changing manufacturing locations cause the warehouse they had been using went bankrupt. Axial has some/most (to what extent I'm not sure) moulds for the trucks back in their possession but with any major move like that, there will be gap in products to the shelves/online retailers. The gripes from most (myself included) was no official announcement via forum, Facebook or their website as to why there were no products. If you email Axial you'll hear they are not closing up, they were not sold and that Axial employees know of all the rumors floating around and like to "get a good laugh" when reading about the rumors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Galileo 05-14-2017 07:45 AM

Re: I keep finding threads with eye-rolls saying this is an old topic, but no answers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascender'nMN84 (Post 5707391)
The truth is there is no "official" answer from Axial. To the best of my knowledge they were changing manufacturing locations cause the warehouse they had been using went bankrupt. Axial has some/most (to what extent I'm not sure) moulds for the trucks back in their possession but with any major move like that, there will be gap in products to the shelves/online retailers. The gripes from most (myself included) was no official announcement via forum, Facebook or their website as to why there were no products. If you email Axial you'll hear they are not closing up, they were not sold and that Axial employees know of all the rumors floating around and like to "get a good laugh" when reading about the rumors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the info. Wow, so guess I'm not "missing" anything, there's just no solid info, which is nobody's fault but Axial. Sounds pretty bad to me, especially if Axial is trying to pretend like nothing is wrong.

new2rocks 05-14-2017 09:08 AM

I keep finding threads with eye-rolls saying this is an old topic, but no answers.

Here are my .02, not directed at anyone in particular...

It's easy and tempting to second-guess Axial's communications strategy and speculate on what happened/is happening/will happen, but in the end, that won't change anything. Axial will sort out their supply chain issues whenever they do or don't (I'm betting on do), and hobbyists can decide either to wait for Axial stuff to get back in stock or spend their money elsewhere.

Even if Axial were to issue an official press release, it's very unlikely that Axial would say much other than that they were in the process of making changes to their supplier relationships due to unforeseen events and that they were working hard to re-stock distributors and retailers as quickly as possible. Given the volume of part numbers they have (I would guess in the 1000s), shifting a substantial amount of their production to other vendors is a complex enough undertaking that it would be foolish for them to promise ship dates until they were within a few weeks of being ready to ship. There are just too many variables to enable them to predict with certainty when all of their various products will start shipping again more than a couple of weeks out.

What about future product plans? Providing further details about their future plans could put them at a competitive disadvantage. If they are using this opportunity to make some updates to existing models or fast-track the release of new models, they're better off staying quiet until they have something definite to announce. More details about the events that already transpired? That could complicate potential litigation or insurance claims if those are in the plans. And so if Axial were to release a statement saying nothing more than Axial was in the process of shifting production due to unforeseen events and was working hard to restore supply as soon as possible, but with no hard dates or further details, I doubt the speculation and rumor mill would be any less active than it currently is.

Just a couple of years ago, RC4WD went through some supply chain issues when they were moving around warehouses, and there were very similar grumbles throughout the forums about lack of communication from RC4WD. It took a few months, but they sorted everything out and the world kept spinning. In fact, their product portfolio is now bigger and better than ever despite speculation from some on this forum that they'd never recover.

Where does this leave hobbyists? In a pretty good place, I'd say. With so many great new platforms released within the past year from companies like GCM, RC4WD, MST and others; great bodies from RC4WD, Pro-Line, Team Raffee, Killerbody and others; plus two more entirely new trucks coming within the next few weeks from HPI and Traxxas, there's never been a better time to shop around for new stuff to add to your collection. As for Axial spares, the aftermarket for Axial products is extensive enough there shouldn't be any Axial parts you couldn't replace as needed from vendors like VP/Incision, RC4WD, SSD, Hot Racing, Boom Racing, etc. to keep your Axial-based rigs running.

Will I be happy when Axial's supply chain is back online? Of course. In the meantime, there's plenty of great stuff out there to keep me happily busy at the bench for a long time.

MattySlimz1987 05-16-2017 05:15 PM

Well put. ^

Never thought I'd see the old timer's get impatient about this. But I understand why. It is in fact very inconsiderate that you have to privatly E-mail the company to get some type of answer. Seems the only thing they are talking about publicly or news wise is Axialfest.

Mike Flea 05-16-2017 06:47 PM

There's a thread on this in Chit-Chat, but basically it comes down to brass tacks. Whatever Axial's problem is, evidently they don't care about pleasing their fan-base. There are plenty rumors and contradictory explanations airing, and to be honest, it's getting old quick.

There are plenty of guys around here that will swear by the Vaterra Ascender as being a better truck all around, and if Axial doesn't get their head out of their proverbial ass, they will lose whatever fan-base they have left to even the G-made Sawback.

yjdavid 05-18-2017 09:50 AM

Or none of that will happen. Axial will get their act together, will continue to ship parts. Everyone will go back to the way it always was, Axial on top.

JatoTheRipper 05-18-2017 10:12 AM

What is happening with forum users that repost topics that have already been discussed to no end?

And there has been an "official" response from Axial. They just don't release information unless you ask.

Hobbezco 05-18-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5709018)
What is happening with forum users that repost topics that have already been discussed to no end?

And there has been an "official" response from Axial. They just don't release information unless you ask.

They keep coming back because the discussions keep getting sent to the boneyard that is chit-chat, a part of this forum that anyone with the IQ of a glass of water avoids.

JatoTheRipper 05-18-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobbezco (Post 5709117)
They keep coming back because the discussions keep getting sent to the boneyard that is chit-chat, a part of this forum that anyone with the IQ of a glass of water avoids.

Nope. These questions are asked regardless. People don't want to do research on their own.

nightcrawler48 05-18-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobbezco (Post 5709117)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5709119)
Nope. These questions are asked regardless. People don't want to do research on their own.

Not to defend the OP too much but look at the number of posts, no star, probably visits the forum once in a blue moon. Can't do a search so probably missed the million posts over the last little while about the Axial supply issues. Besides, has to still technically be a newbie and by the rules, doesn't need to get flamed here. By the way, what's the IQ of a glass of water? I'm worried I might be somewhere in that range. :lmao:

Duuuuuuuude 05-18-2017 05:33 PM

:roll:

Mike Flea 05-18-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 (Post 5709129)
By the way, what's the IQ of a glass of water? I'm worried I might be somewhere in that range. :lmao:

Don't feel like the loner, we all have brain farts once in a while:lmao:

Galileo 05-18-2017 07:01 PM

I did research, a lot, and every thread got into a discussion of which brand was better and what an ahole the OP was for asking about it. I shouldn't be surprised the same thing happened here.

So much for your policy about not flaming newbs. I'm older guy, I'm newer to RC, and not big on forums as you can see, and this is why. Oh well. Thanks all.

durok 05-18-2017 07:46 PM

You did get 7 posts that at least mentioned the situation, really only one person forgot this was a newbie chat section. A few summed up everything quite well.

Stick around, there's far more good than bad here. Not sayin' I don't get a little weary reading some of the responses myself...

spaceman5280 05-18-2017 08:42 PM

This place has lax moderation and a few people take advantage of that to be jerks.

There are good and knowledgeable people here so ignore those who lack self-respect.

I was a member for over 5 years before my first post because I didn't want to be flamed:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk