Thread: How old are you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: How old are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekin112000 View Post
Hahah you are right some RC racers are just big babies

some big name guys are big babies. and some serious club racers are big babies.

im 24. and I race year round. im no big baby. I like jumps.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #62
RCC Addict

29 here. Wife, one kid, three dogs, brand new house have taken priority at the moment. Was a Tyco kid then progressed to the first E-maxx and got truly addicted.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:34 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

I am 16 and just finished building my first rc. I built the frame, the axles and transmission are from an axial scx10. It didn't live long as a scx10 LOL
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:12 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

I'm 35. Growing up I used to get one RC from radio shack on my birthday from my parents, but my auntie liked spoil me growing up, and some years I'd get the same RC from both, usually a tyco monster truck, or a new bright something, or other.

I didn't get my first hobby grade RC (HPI Savage X) till the spring of 2004, when I got out of a camp job on the northern border of Alberta. A bunch of friends and I went to a local RC shop and cleaned out his shelves, been buying HPI ever since, until I seen some videos of a wraith on another RC forum site, been adding an axial product here, and there for a few years now.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:45 AM   #65
Quarry Creeper

44 here first rc's were tamiya grasshopper /kyosho plasma/mauri big bear ....been building off and on ever since

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
stevetate12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Big 40, got into this about 5 years ago after most of the local 1:1 trails closed.
My Dad is 62, he got into the hobby about 2 years ago and has twice as much rc stuff than me.
donny8594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

44. Doing a little landscaping, so I don't have to drive a half hour or more to play...

My 12yo trying out the super on the new "feature"

KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

13. My first hobby grade truck was a tamyia dualhunter I got for xmas five and a half years ago. I was rcing younger than that with toy grade junk. Got into crawling 3 years ago and dragged my dad along with me since I wanted to drive with him too.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk
crawlinwithacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

40 here. But I can't get used to it. My brain keeps convincing me I'm 25.. It's a struggle..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Haven't seen much of you lately, I'm hoping that you and your family were able to get back to "normal" after the flood. ( I say "normal" because I have no idea if its possible to get back to the way things were before a natural disaster like that.)
Thanks for asking big homie. Fighting the good fight against contractor fraud. He took the money and left with our house 35% done. While waiting for his insurance company to do what they do, which by the way a 60 day wait and it's been 2 + months since we last seen him , we just been getting stuff done as much as we can. I dip on RCC everyday and just recently bust some boxes out the storage see what's salvageable. Hopefully in a week or so my hobby room should be up and running!!! Not wheeling or building is giving me the supreme blues but the future is bright plus watching all these great builds and builders are keeping me motivated!!!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
17dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:40 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

31, wife and 4 kids. My 1st hobby grade truck was a Mrc thunderking.

I have a really short attention span when it comes to hobbies or maybe it's just a guy thing. I'll be into this for a while then I move right on to something else and forget about whatever it was last I was into.

The one thing I always come back to is rc. I'm in the process of building me another truck, my 5 yr old son has a scx10 and my 8&9 year old daughters have duratrax evaders.
XJrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:23 AM   #72

22 years young.
dabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #73
Rock Stacker

35. I just love wrenching on things and love anything off road. Whether its RC, trucks, ATVs, guns, or even my backpacking gear, I just have to tinker with things. Can't leave anything alone. lol. Got into the RC cause I have young kids and its significantly cheaper than my other hobbies. Hard to have this much fun so cheaply!
Myndefuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #74
Rock Stacker

-41 yrs of learning. Had disposable rc's as a kid (the ever poplar Tyco/Nikko and Radio smacks crap ones), now all growed up, still don't own a wife/girlfriend, haven't planted any kids, and dog is still hasn't come home..... Dabbled w a couple of nitro monster trucks in mid 20's, just to pawn them off. Made a life choice 7 n half yrs ago to not become a felon- quit drinking! Quickly rediscovered RC started flying, then bashing, then racing- most any form-dirt-astro-on road, and then the crawling bug bit me! No looking back! Got a fleet of well over 30 rc's now and currently have 2 active crawler builds and a Bomber in a box (gathering all the goodies for a scratch build)
So I guess I should have just started w this:
-Hello, my name is Rock Farmer, I am 41 and play w toys!
Rock Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:38 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

68 years young retired from the construction business, married 46 years to the same lovely lady with two beautiful daughters and seven awesome grand kids. My son in law and grandson competed for 10 years with the mighty MNRCRC we won three class Championships. 1-Sportsman, 1-1.9 Trail and 1-2.2 Trail. We retired from competition in 2017.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
68 years young retired from the construction business, married 46 years to the same lovely lady with two beautiful daughters and seven awesome grand kids. My son in law and grandson competed for 10 years with the mighty MNRCRC we won three class Championships. 1-Sportsman, 1-1.9 Trail and 1-2.2 Trail. We retired from competition in 2017.
Finally, someone as old as me! Marcia and I have been married 48 year. Not only are we old guys but kind of an anomaly being married to the same wonderful gals for so long.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Finally, someone as old as me! Marcia and I have been married 48 year. Not only are we old guys but kind of an anomaly being married to the same wonderful gals for so long.
Ernie
Thats right CODYBOY your not alone. We have to remember not everyone gets to be an old person for many reason and causes, its clealy a privlage.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Hard work and the right woman..... Only 63 married 42..... rook....

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:10 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Hard work and the right woman..... Only 63 married 42..... rook....

Hang up and Drive
Well said Mike, don't forget the luck part it always plays a big role how those cards fall.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:26 AM   #80

I'm 77, married 56 yrs. I have built the 2000Cherokee kit and bought a ready to run 2000 Cherokee. I' have one Proline 1946 Power Wagon painted and 2 more to go. I like the older body types. My kit set up has the Mamba Max 2850kv set up and a Hi Tech H.S. 7950 steering servo relocated, lots of mods and only a trip or so around the back lawn. The stock 2000 Cherokee is still stock. Arthritis and old man's eyes are making those little screws tough to handle.

Last edited by old409; 10-08-2020 at 08:29 AM. Reason: added info
old409 is offline   Reply With Quote