Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #301
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Sadly, we're there, especially if you're a straight white male. Luckily for society, it's a fringe thinking point. I just hope it stays that way.
EVERYONE is a Racist Bastard and profiler. We homosapiens wouldn't exist if we weren't.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #302
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
EVERYONE is a Racist Bastard and profiler. We homosapiens wouldn't exist if we weren't.
Eh, I'd say predujice towards everyone. Everyone judges people by their appearance at first glance. It's makes you racist on how you respond past that initial glance. I judge people all the time, but if I want to go over and talk to them, I would.

On a different note, I was reminded of a high school coach who got fired for kneeling. And of course Tebow was blackballed & told to keep his beliefs off the field...I guess it's only bad for christians to kneel.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #303
Suck it up!

Quote:
On a different note, I was reminded of a high school coach who got fired for kneeling. And of course Tebow was blackballed & told to keep his beliefs off the field...I guess it's only bad for christians to kneel.
Apples to oranges.

The coach was a state (government) employee. Per the Constitution, he was prohibited from promoting his religion while on the job and/or on school grounds.

Tebow took a knee during the game, on the field. They hit him with a delay of game penalty (per NFL rules).
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:01 AM   #304
Suck it up!

Quote:
Racist? No. Profiler? Yes.

Being racist takes effort. Profiling a potential friend or foe comes natural.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:53 AM   #305

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Racist? No. Profiler? Yes.

Being racist takes effort. Profiling a potential friend or foe comes natural.
If "sticking to your own kind" is racist then, yes, we are by nature.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:15 AM   #306
Suck it up!

There are all kinds of evolutionary benefits to "sticking to your own kind", which is why people/animals tend to do so. We are most comfortable when we are surrounded by people or things that remind us of ourselves because we can relate to them. It's not a conscious act, it's just how we are wired.

Racism slides right past that and into an unsubstantiated general hatred and/or fear of an entire group. Take the Klan or neo-Nazis, they despise entire groups of people for no reason that is justifiable in the real world. Their hatred is based in fairy tales and nonsense.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 09-30-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #307

Quote:
There are all kinds of evolutionary benefits to "sticking to your own kind", which is why people/animals tend to do so. We are most comfortable when we are surrounded by people or things that remind us of ourselves because we can relate to them. It's not a conscious act, it's just how we are wired.

Racism slides right past that and into an unsubstantiated general hatred and/or fear of an entire group. Take the Klan or neo-Nazis, they despise entire groups of people for no reason that is justifiable in the real world. Their hatred is based in fairy tales and nonsense.
The racists groups are full of mentally ill people. Being racist is one thing, but putting energy into being racist and spreading that message is a different level. I always said that if you have the time and energy to put into hate groups then you need a life and better hobbies.

I live in a small town where the overwhelming majority of people are white. I work with people of all colors and races. I interact with people of all races and colors in the city. I never have an issue. I treat people like they treat me. I don't tolerate assholes of any color. Many people think the same way.
Because of this, I don't think racism is as wide-spread as the media is trying to portray. The future is not all doom and gloom.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #308
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The racists groups are full of mentally ill people. Being racist is one thing, but putting energy into being racist and spreading that message is a different level. I always said that if you have the time and energy to put into hate groups then you need a life and better hobbies.
Can't hate be a hobby?

Quote:
I live in a small town where the overwhelming majority of people are white. I work with people of all colors and races. I interact with people of all races and colors in the city. I never have an issue. I treat people like they treat me. I don't tolerate assholes of any color. Many people think the same way.
Because of this, I don't think racism is as wide-spread as the media is trying to portray. The future is not all doom and gloom.
Racism isn't always up front and in your face. Sometimes it's subtle and quiet.

I too live in a predominantly white small town. I never have an issue either. But I'm white, so why would I?
Old 09-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #309

Quote:
Can't hate be a hobby?
It can and it is. That's why I said they need better hobbies.

Quote:
Racism isn't always up front and in your face. Sometimes it's subtle and quiet.

I too live in a predominantly white small town. I never have an issue either. But I'm white, so why would I?
It's rare that racism is up front and when it is it's usually not 1 on 1. With racism comes the bully mentality. They won't speak up on their own, but when they have a group of their buddies they are tough.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:37 AM   #310
Quarry Creeper

Las Vegas shooting

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.cat...ded-83893.html

This is sick and fu***d up!

https://youtu.be/xk_pG7jkysM

Last edited by wings_of_fire; 10-02-2017 at 06:49 AM.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:35 AM   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
I'm rarely shocked anymore and this shocked me.

Hold onto your guns because the gun grabbing, freedom nazis are going to try to take them again.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #312
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I'm rarely shocked anymore and this shocked me.

Hold onto your guns because the gun grabbing, freedom nazis are going to try to take them again.
No doubt. After seeing the video & hearing the automatic fire, I looked into magazine capacity for Nevada. They don't have one. Then I see an article from the Las Vegas Sun from December of last year, headline..."High-capacity magazine ban a must for Nevadans' safety." Get ready for the "experts" to tells us why we don't need our guns.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #313
Quarry Creeper

This one is close to home. I am about a 3.5 hour drive North of Vegas. I am aware of several community members and friends that were there. So far, everyone I know that was there is okay other than one friend's daughter that was hit by shrapnel, she'll be okay.

Tense sort of weird atmosphere at work, because we all know somebody that was there.

Edit: Just learned my daughter's best friend was there with her parents. They are okay physically, mentally this is going to change their lives.

Last edited by Chiphead; 10-02-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #314
Rock Stacker

Cheese 'n' crackers...I just heard he had 15 guns in the room?!

I hope they question that female that was with him...my Spider Sense is tingling about her.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:09 AM   #315

Quote:
Cheese 'n' crackers...I just heard he had 15 guns in the room?!

I hope they question that female that was with him...my Spider Sense is tingling about her.
I read 10. Funny how the number is increasing already.

I can't believe the hotel didn't have an alarm that went off when he broke the window. Or if they did, why did nobody respond. I'm betting their "security" didn't have guns.

The only way to stop a lunatic with a gun is with another gun. Start carrying people!
Old 10-02-2017, 11:25 AM   #316
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I can't believe the hotel didn't have an alarm that went off when he broke the window. Or if they did, why did nobody respond. I'm betting their "security" didn't have guns.

The only way to stop a lunatic with a gun is with another gun. Start carrying people!
I am reading 10 as well, on a fast moving forum..probably accurate.
I also read Paddock had a camera set up to see anyone approaching his room(not sure about that)
His girlfriend was not in the country, but this is interesting

58 killed and 515 wounded..Jesus H Christ

Last edited by vonclod; 10-02-2017 at 11:33 AM.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #317
RCC Addict

Quote:

Who could have stopped this aside from a SWAT sniper with a vantage point of the shooter? The only reason they were able to find the guy's hotel room is because the smoke alarm was going off from the amount of gunpowder and smoke in the room.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
I am reading 10 as well, on a fast moving forum..probably accurate.
I also read Paddock had a camera set up to see anyone approaching his room(not sure about that)
His girlfriend was not in the country, but this is interesting

58 killed and 515 wounded..Jesus H Christ
He either didn't act alone or he told people. The ones that know need to fry. This is when it's time to start getting tough on crime. Fry all of the SOBs involved for the good of humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Who could have stopped this aside from a SWAT sniper with a vantage point of the shooter? The only reason they were able to find the guy's hotel room is because the smoke alarm was going off from the amount of gunpowder and smoke in the room.
Was he the only guy in the hotel? No. You don't need a rifle to kill him from the same floor.

And all of the gun shots were audible in the hotel as well. They would have found him without any alarms.

Any my carry statement was more general. Typically when you are threatened with a gun it's not from a block away.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #319
I wanna be Dave

rip Tom Petty
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
rip Tom Petty
WTF?! First I'm hearing of this!