Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 12:31 PM   #341
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
This is a big "what the?!" that I have. Granted it is Vegas & they probably had hundreds in & out of that hotel door throughout the weekend, it seems strange that they wouldn't notice one guy walking in with 10 bags...just for himself. Even over the course of a couple days. That's just a lot of damn luggage.
To me getting them into the room was the easiest part of this. Disassembled you can fit quite a few guns in one large suit case on wheels. And he was there for 3 days. Ammo could've been wrapped up in shopping bags work too. Also Vegas doesn't sleep it always open, But at 3-4 am there are people around but not a lot and most are drunk or buzzed.
59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #342
RCC Addict

I have to wonder now if anything about metal detectors or better incident response in these hotels will arise now because of this. He could have had a few disassembled rifles in a couple guitar cases and all he has to say is "yeah I'm a musician", what else can you really do there? Plenty of ways to get everything up there without really looking suspicious at all.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:40 PM   #343
I wanna be Dave

I know it is hard to imagine for some but the FWad blank blank blank X Infinity in Hell you go didn't walk through the lobby, side door, loading dock, roof or whatever with all those bangers like this. Concealing an AR or Ak broken down will fit in any normal size backpack and probably 2 maybe 3 of them. who doesn't carry a backpack nowadays? I'm sure in time if the hotel had good security system, they will timeline all the stuff he brought in.

Getting in and out of the hotel or nearly any hotel is easier than we believe or know. The stupidest thing they will come up with 1st is a metal detector at the Lobby. Are you Fawking dumb? Let's give a perfect example. It is called TSA.
Attached Images

cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #344
Rock Crawler

I could fit 3 or 4 of the ARs I built into one backpack, maybe more but with a 7" barrel they wouldn't be very effective at 300 yards, or full auto. I've had a runaway with my AR due to a broken trigger. It winds up feeding faster than it can fire, and jams.

Either way, this whole tragedy will result in more gun laws, possibly an AR ban, even though this guy illegally modified his. Paul Ryan took it upon himself to kill the SHARE act just because it has the suppressor language in it. The rest of the bill was supposed to allow better access to outdoor enthusiasts. But, hey! If stuff is illegal, we don't have to worry about criminals using it, right? More people die by cars but, let's waste money on ineffective laws, instead of fixing ANYTHING!

Why isn't the swamp drained yet? Can we fire the speaker of the house?
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #345
Rock Crawler

I gave up today, and I'm mad as hell about it. I've been waiting 6 months to submit my Form 4 to the ATF hoping that Congress would finally vote on this issue that actually has a LOT of support, even by police organizations, but thanks to some puke in NV, I gave up and told my boss to send it as I handed him 4 $50 bills for a TAX on a MUFFLER that I made MYSELF. I know of nothing else that if I make for myself, I would be taxed for.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:07 PM   #346
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ10 View Post
Well, Paul Ryan got what he needed. The SHARE act has been tabled, indefinitely, and Dems are calling for stricter gun laws; thinking that criminals will follow their laws. These ****s will never learn.
You'd think they learn by now that throwing more laws at the "problem" isn't the answer. Just earlier today, a NV Congressman was calling for universal background checks. I guess he missed the memo where this guy bought dozens of guns legally.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #347
Rock Crawler

The only way to buy a gun without a background check, as it is, is through a private sale. Something that the government should not have their hands in., imho. Sellers should take caution with potential buyers. Anyone can make their own weapons (not suppressors though). Are they going to make manufacture of cutlery illegal, too? What about car parts?
Old 10-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #348

Look at the fake tears of this scumbag just to push his, his show's, and his channel's anti-gun agenda.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #349
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
He used automatic AR15’s
Used to be able to buy the parts over the counter to make a 15 to a 16 full auto. Any competent gunsmith can do.

Hang up and Drive
Don't need to buy any parts, or need a gunsmith. Go down to your workshop, grab a file, and you too can make a full auto out of your AR.

Having more gun laws, or saying certain parts or accessories are illegal won't help either, because then only criminals will have guns. look at Chicago. Strictest gun laws in the country, but the gangbangers are still getting guns.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:41 PM   #350
Suck it up!

Quote:
Are they going to make manufacture of cutlery illegal, too? What about car parts?
Did I miss the part where the shooter threw steak knives and alternators onto the crowd?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:55 PM   #351
Pebble Pounder

Default News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Don't need to buy any parts, or need a gunsmith. Go down to your workshop, grab a file, and you too can make a full auto out of your AR.

I would argue it takes a lot more than that. You have to have access to a machine shop or machinist, and you have to know the exact measurement for the lower components and receiver alike. As we all know, not all Ar’s are manufactured to the exact same tolerances by the exact same manufacturers. The trigger pocket from one ar to the next is not always going to be the same, so you would have to measure to the exact 0.00000001 (exaggeration) millimeter, as well as make/machine (what have you) the components you are going to use to match the tolerances of said trigger pocket. Therefore, simply using a file will not yield the results you are claiming. Just saying, it’s not as easy as filing down this or that or purchasing a “kit” online as some “news” outlets would suggest.

Last edited by CR4NK; 10-03-2017 at 10:14 PM.
CR4NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:59 PM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Did I miss the part where the shooter threw steak knives and alternators onto the crowd?
He didn't throw guns into the crowd either.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:00 PM   #353
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
He didn't throw guns into the crowd either.
Excuse me, sir, but there is only room for one smart ass here. Please wait your turn.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #354
Quarry Creeper

This is a little old but still relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R6w07kSjjE
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:49 PM   #355
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4NK View Post
I would argue it takes a lot more than that. You have to have access to a machine shop or machinist, and you have to know the exact measurement for the lower components and receiver alike. As we all know, not all Ar’s are manufactured to the exact same tolerances by the exact same manufacturers. The trigger pocket from one ar to the next is not always going to be the same, so you would have to measure to the exact 0.00000001 (exaggeration) millimeter, as well as make/machine (what have you) the components you are going to use to match the tolerances of said trigger pocket. Therefore, simply using a file will not yield the results you are claiming. Just saying, it’s not as easy as filing down this or that or purchasing a “kit” online as some “news” outlets would suggest.
I am a machinist but, it can be done with a drill press. Tolerances aren't as tight as you'd think on that part of that platform. Blueprints are easily found online, as well as jigs to make it dummy-proof, almost.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:48 AM   #356
Suck it up!

Quote:
I am a machinist but, it can be done with a drill press. Tolerances aren't as tight as you'd think on that part of that platform. Blueprints are easily found online, as well as jigs to make it dummy-proof, almost.
Yeah, it's not hard. A good eye and a hand drill would probably get it done in a pinch.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:28 AM   #357
Pebble Pounder

Default News thread

Quote:

True, the tolerances on the receiver most likely arent that tight but the components such as the sear for example have to be perfect in order for it to function reliably. It’s much more than just drilling a hole in tour receiver. All I am saying is if it were that easy to do we would most likely see every other gang member or criminal on every other news cast that committed a crime using a firearm would have had a “full auto” . It would be more common if it were that easy and its not.

I know for sure todays criminals would easily break the law to have a fully automatic weapon. You just don’t see it, aside from a few crimes like the bank robbery/police shootout in LA some years back.

Last edited by CR4NK; 10-04-2017 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:45 AM   #358
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Yeah, it's not hard. A good eye and a hand drill would probably get it done in a pinch.

No way. I bet it’s even easier than that for YOU. I’ve seen your suspension thread. I bet you could do it with a paperclip and a cotton ball.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:48 AM   #359
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4NK View Post
No way. I bet it’s even easier than that for YOU. I’ve seen your suspension thread. I bet you could do it with a paperclip and a cotton ball.
Did you know that I spent several years in the Boy Scouts? All I need is a pointed stick and the promise of s'mores as payment.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:46 AM   #360
Rock Crawler

The problem with a modified trigger for FA is that you can't stop the gun from firing. It will either empty the mag or jam. Even criminals want to control their guns.

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM