Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #401
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
What would be some good and bad things about American culture? ( You reserve the right to not answer)
One negative is our propensity for over-eating. As I get older, I look at restaurant portions and the gluttony challenge items on menus and think "Wtf..."
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #402
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
One negative is our propensity for over-eating. As I get olderb, I look at restaurant portions and the gluttony challenge items on menus and think "Wtf..."
Besides what we eat, look at the dinner plate size from say the 50's on. No wonder we are Gordo. Human nature to "Fill" your plate.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #403
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Besides what we eat, look at the dinner plate size from say the 50's on. No wonder we are Gordo. Human nature to "Fill" your plate.
A while back I started serving myself dinner on a salad plate. I found that the salad plate portion was more than enough food.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #404
Rock Crawler

Positive: Some will want to argue against this but, anyone can do just about anything in life, in The USA, with enough determination.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #405

Quote:
What would be some good and bad things about American culture? ( You reserve the right to not answer)
Have you ever been to America?

Any and all countries have good and bad.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #406
RCC Addict

Quote:
Free speech. Liberals are doing their best to kill it, but one of the few places in the world you can say nearly anything without the government stepping on your throat.

The EU is cracking down, even Canada is going after people for speaking their mind. And before you argue with me, google it yourself.

And one thing that separates the USA used to be patriotism. Liberals are now offended by the flag, but they can eat a dick.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #407
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Have you ever been to America?

Any and all countries have good and bad.
No, but willing to.

True, but America is not an average country. Development phases within civilizations and the new problems that come into play and if they are likely to happen elsewhere, or not. Apart from that all countries had & have resources, but then why America leads in a lot of fields?

Some problems and solutions are exclusive to America
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #408
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Free speech. Liberals are doing their best to kill it, but one of the few places in the world you can say nearly anything without the government stepping on your throat.

The EU is cracking down, even Canada is going after people for speaking their mind. And before you argue with me, google it yourself.
Sweden.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #409
Suck it up!

Pro: Taco Bell

Con: Taco Bell induced diarrhea.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #410
Rock Crawler

Quote:
No, but willing to.

True, but America is not an average country. Development phases within civilizations and the new problems that come into play and if they are likely to happen elsewhere, or not. Apart from that all countries had & have resources, but then why America leads in a lot of fields?

Some problems and solutions are exclusive to America
America used to lead the world simply because we stayed out of WWII for so long. We were the only manufacturer left in the world market. Every other major manufacturing country had to rebuild.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #411
Suck it up!

Quote:
You can make comparisons all you want and both sides do, but America will always be different. You can't compare our culture to any place on the planet and have a direct comparison. That includes guns.
100% true, however that doesn't mean that a foreign approach to a similar issue isn't worth investigating to see if it can be tweaked and implemented here.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #412
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
100% true, however that doesn't mean that a foreign approach to a similar issue isn't worth investigating to see if it can be tweaked and implemented here.
I would rather see "internal" fixes first but I Agree about looking elsewhere for help. Who was the foreign guy that helped with the bom* in the late 30's early 40's again.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #413
Rock Stacker

Quote:
One big issue I have with the whole "*insert country here* does this or that" is, does that country have the right as we do? Or is buying a gun just something you can do because it's for sale?

Australia is the usual go to. Another note, Australia isn't bordered by a less than great country who, at least in part, is ruled by drug cartels.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:02 PM   #414
Rock Crawler

If the US were to do what AU did, it would not have the same results. I, for one, only have two guns that the gov even knows about. And with one of those, all I would have to turn in would be a lower receiver that I could replace in a matter of hours.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:31 PM   #415
RCC Addict

Quote:
Sweden.

With the influx of goat ****ers turning Sweden into the rape capitol of the world, Swedenistan will soon be a third world shithole.

How Sweden has stopped its citizens discussing the refugee influx | Daily Mail Online

https://www.thenewamerican.com/world...nternet-speech

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/swedens...peech-charade/

Freedom Of Speech Is Dying In Sweden – Return Of Kings
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #416
I wanna be Dave

I though there was a "gun" related thread but couldn't find it.

Stumbled upon this and thought it was pretty good

">

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAXxQBIfH7I
Old 10-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #417

Quote:
The US doesn't have a gun problem. Guns have never been a problem. People are the problem.

In the 80's public schools had shooting clubs. Kids would put their gun in their gun racks in the window of their pickup trucks and drive it to school. No issues.

We need people control.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #418
Suck it up!

Quote:
The US doesn't have a gun problem. Guns have never been a problem. People are the problem.

In the 80's public schools had shooting clubs. Kids would put their gun in their gun racks in the window of their pickup trucks and drive it to school. No issues.

We need people control.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Everything is a people problem when you reduce it all down.

And yes, I remember when guns weren't that big of a deal. My high school parking lot was similar.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:37 PM   #419
Rock Crawler

Some one said "we have Free speech"

So why do i hear so many beeps in American made TV programs, and see things blurred out.

In my country you can say what you want with no beeping, only strong racist statements can bring you in trouble, and you can use the "N" word here just fine, not really racist here.
But you can bring the 3 most foul mouthed Americans on Danish TV and let them rip, and you will not hear a single beep.

Just saying, Americans are my kind of crazy, though i do have a few things i would like to have explained, and that's why if i ever got to visit i will need 6 months to get under you guys skin and see the awesome sights you have.

And do a little scaling if some one invited me to swing by for a little of that.
Sadly that will never happen as it depend on a lotto win, and i have never been lucky in matters of gambling or love.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #420

Quote:
Everything is a people problem when you reduce it all down.
Exactly. But we can't blame people because that would mean personal responsibility.

Quote:
And yes, I remember when guns weren't that big of a deal. My high school parking lot was similar.
What do you think has changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
Some one said "we have Free speech"

So why do i hear so many beeps in American made TV programs, and see things blurred out.

In my country you can say what you want with no beeping, only strong racist statements can bring you in trouble, and you can use the "N" word here just fine, not really racist here.
But you can bring the 3 most foul mouthed Americans on Danish TV and let them rip, and you will not hear a single beep.

Just saying, Americans are my kind of crazy, though i do have a few things i would like to have explained, and that's why if i ever got to visit i will need 6 months to get under you guys skin and see the awesome sights you have.

And do a little scaling if some one invited me to swing by for a little of that.
Sadly that will never happen as it depend on a lotto win, and i have never been lucky in matters of gambling or love.
That's because a lot of Americans have become overly sensitive pussies.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 10-07-2017 at 06:14 PM.

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM