Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #421
Suck it up!

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Exactly. But we can't blame people because that would mean personal responsibility.
We blame people all the time, we just don't know how to fix them. All that is left is to target the methods of delivery.

Quote:
What do you think has changed?
A lot.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #422
Rock Stacker

https://sports.yahoo.com/kaepernick-...172312994.html

I guess his beliefs have a price...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #423

Roger Goodell is apparently planning to force his National Felon League players to stand for the National Anthem. He's doing it for the wrong reasons (ratings are down and he's trying to do damage control), but at least he's doing it.

https://www.chatsports.com/nfl/a/her...protests-35737

I'll continue to avoid this boring league.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #424
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Roger Goodell is apparently planning to force his National Felon League players to stand for the National Anthem. He's doing it for the wrong reasons (ratings are down and he's trying to do damage control), but at least he's doing it.

Is he going to scam more money out of the DOD to do so then?
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:33 AM   #425
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Actually, it says players "should", not "have to", so I don't think he is forcing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Is he going to scam more money out of the DOD to do so then?
Please... Don't try to sell the DoD as victims. They are the ones that approached the NFL to put on these "dog & pony" shows to drum up recruiting.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #426
Rock Stacker

I guess Goodell finally saw the ratings drop...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #427

A mail truck delivering mail to a part of California that has been ravaged by fire. Makes about as much sense as most of California...

Old 10-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #428
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
A mail truck delivering mail to a part of California that has been ravaged by fire. Makes about as much sense as most of California...

That is so sad and crazy, wiped out entire neighborhoods. I lived in SoCal 47 yrs. and I've never seen it completely level a houses to ashes. Usually you can tell it was a house of some sort, but with this one there is absolutely nothing left. Also cant believe how many deaths there have been on these. 21 so far. Wind so strong it just over took everybody.

With the record setting rains we last year and all the vegetation growth it made, they new it was going to be a very bad fire season. But this is on another level.
59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59sled View Post
That is so sad and crazy, wiped out entire neighborhoods. I lived in SoCal 47 yrs. and I've never seen it completely level a houses to ashes. Usually you can tell it was a house of some sort, but with this one there is absolutely nothing left. Also cant believe how many deaths there have been on these. 21 so far. Wind so strong it just over took everybody.

With the record setting rains we last year and all the vegetation growth it made, they new it was going to be a very bad fire season. But this is on another level.
You have a very valid point. You'd think California would start learning something about these wildfires, but apparently they haven't because they keep getting worse.

This is one of the photos that just made my jaw drop. These fires are so hot they are melting aluminum wheels.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #430
I wanna be Dave

Hopefully that was some Kind of "Life goes on" footage considering who took the drone vid.

I've been in the very same type of situation twice and if it wasn't meant as a positive then I'll take a knee in protest and say Fawk whomever for being an utter Sh*thead of a human being.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #431
I wanna be Dave

Unfortunately it has nothing to do witht the record rains or growth that came after. That wouldn't fuel the fire. The massive lengthy drought and tree hugging dbags who don't allow proper clearing or controlled fires is a huge part of it.

Or if you believe In the global warming nonsense then that can be the period on the sentence.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #432
I wanna be Dave

We’ve had major wildfires here last season, lack of controlled burns due to the Forestry Service lack of funding...... Never could figure out how it made sense with the cost alone of fighting 10,000 acres burning .

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #433
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

This is one of the photos that just made my jaw drop. These fires are so hot they are melting aluminum wheels.

Melting aluminium takes only around 630-650 deg celcius.

Depending on conditions, wild fires can reach temperatures of around 1000 deg celcius with ease.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #434
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Unfortunately it has nothing to do witht the record rains or growth that came after. That wouldn't fuel the fire. The massive lengthy drought and tree hugging dbags who don't allow proper clearing or controlled fires is a huge part of it.

Or if you believe In the global warming nonsense then that can be the period on the sentence.
Yeah guess you're right when this is from Cal Fire.

From October 2016 to May 2017, record amounts of rain fell in the northern Sierra Mountain region, prompting grass, brush and trees to grow like they haven’t been able to in decades.

The new growth is now serving as fuel for this fire season, made worse by five months in a row of extremely dry weather.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #435
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Hopefully that was some Kind of "Life goes on" footage considering who took the drone vid.
He should have chosen to not apply music on that video.

That music makes it feel like we are watching some movie. It just removes the sense of reality.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post

Depending on conditions, wild fires can reach temperatures of around 1000 deg celcius with ease.
You don't find it impressive that a "natural" wildfire can reach 2,000° F?
Old 10-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #437
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You don't find it impressive that a "natural" wildfire can reach 2,000° F?
With so much mass burning and concentration of heat, temperatures do rise so high.

Its more of scary than impressive to me because I have been close to sugarcane fields that were set on fire. You can stand 100 meters away and yet burn your skin. You really get to know and appreciate the power of fire.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #438
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59sled View Post
Yeah guess you're right when this is from Cal Fire.

From October 2016 to May 2017, record amounts of rain fell in the northern Sierra Mountain region, prompting grass, brush and trees to grow like they haven’t been able to in decades.

The new growth is now serving as fuel for this fire season, made worse by five months in a row of extremely dry weather.
I admittedly used a poor choice in the word "Nothing" responding to the "With the record setting rains we last year and all the vegetation growth it made, they new it was going to be a very bad fire season. But this is on another level."

The real statement from CF combined is entirely true and would have been better form the get go. I apologize for any direct Urgh statements but as i said i went through two of them and i am still upset we have not learned from them other than how to fight them and not prevent them.

An analogy to the CF statement would be you have a Gun Cartridge with no powder. While it will project the bullet or in this case the primer/new growth it will only go so far. You add all the undergrowth/gun powder to the equation and Boom you have the Northern Cal fires.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #439

Quote:

Quote:
With so much mass burning and concentration of heat, temperatures do rise so high.

Its more of scary than impressive to me because I have been close to sugarcane fields that were set on fire. You can stand 100 meters away and yet burn your skin. You really get to know and appreciate the power of fire.
Mother nature is powerful. It is both impressive and scary to me.

The photos of the California wildfire aftermath are eerie and depressing because of the destruction and sudden absence of all signs of life, but at the same time they are quiet and beautiful.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #440
Quarry Creeper

This one is an definitely an eye opener. I've lived close to hills but not directly up against them.
Look how far the destruction goes. I would guess the hills are behind the camera man. I've live about that far from hills for 20 years and never thought my house would be in any danger. But when its the right conditions , you just never know.

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM