Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #521
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Rosie O'Donnell Offered $2M To GOP Senators To Vote Against Trump Tax Plan And The Internet Can't Handle It

So, do these people(the irate celebrities) not realize how truly idiotic they are or do they just not care?

Openly attempting to bribe Congressmen...
Why is she even still here? Wan't she the original mouth piece about promising to move to Canadia if Trump won the election?
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #522
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Why is she even still here? Wan't she the original mouth piece about promising to move to Canadia if Trump won the election?

I suspect she was told to stay away as many Canadians see her as what she is. They may get cold up there, but they do think well.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #523
Quarry Creeper

Seen this yet?
Croatia national shot dead on South Africa lion hunt

Guy gets shot while on a lion hunt. Anti-hunters are applauding this. My first thought was of that woman 'fortune solider' that was going after poachers. But this dude was on a legal "canned" hunt.
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:31 PM   #524
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiphead View Post
Seen this yet?
Croatia national shot dead on South Africa lion hunt

Guy gets shot while on a lion hunt. Anti-hunters are applauding this. My first thought was of that woman 'fortune solider' that was going after poachers. But this dude was on a legal "canned" hunt.
Can't say I feel bad for him. People who buy their way into a hunt because they get a thrill from killing something..I could give 2 squirts of piss for when he gets clipped. He paid his dime and took his chances.
I'm not anti hunting, I have no problem with someone hunting to put meat on their table, I love venison.
JM2C
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:22 AM   #525
I wanna be Dave

If he was looking for the thrill of the hunt then get rid of the gun, the lions don't have guns to shoot back. Level the playing field and get some Wolverine Claws and go hunt lions.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:11 AM   #526
Pebble Pounder

It sounds like they don't know what the hell happened.

I loath canned hunts in all forms. What the hell does that prove. I had a park ranger friend tell me that some "stocked" animals are so dumb they will walk right up to you while you are pointing a gun at them.

If you are doing a canned hunt, why not just save the aggravation of tramping around in the "wild" and just buy a trophy or a hunk of meat.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:27 AM   #527
I wanna be Dave

Real world... many city boys need a “moment” to validate manhood, renting a Harley for a week, Hunting Big Game, I work for many of these ass clowns, life in Snapchat land

Hang up and Drive
Old 01-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #528
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
If he was looking for the thrill of the hunt then get rid of the gun, the lions don't have guns to shoot back. Level the playing field and get some Wolverine Claws and go hunt lions.
We all know they won't do it.

Killing animals for food or personal safety is understandable, but killing them just for fun is plain evil.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #529
Rock Stacker

I have a question for those in Australia(do we have any Brit’s here?) as I know we have a few outspoken folks when it comes to guns. I’m curious how prescription medicine is advertised & pushed in your country?

While a bulk of America, and beyond, are blaming guns for what happened in FL, I have a different culprit. Pills. This kid was diagnosed with ADHD, autism, & depression. That’s a cocktail for some mind altering drugs if I’ve heard of one. Americans are so medicated, I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often. Watch any TV show, you’ll see two things dominate, cars & pills. They have a pill for any ailment you can imagine. The side affects are worse than what the pill is curing most of the time.

I don’t understand why nobody ever mentions this. I bet if I looked up the other recent mass shootings, all or most were on some kind of drug that F’d yo their mental state. I saw an article from Dec of ‘16 from NBC. I said 1 in 6 Americans are on antidepressants or other psychiatric drugs. That’s sad. We have the students organizing a nationwide march against guns. But not the authorities failure to communicate or, what I believe to be a big contributing factor, obviously, drugs.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #530
Suck it up!

I think all of the mass shooters lately have been on psych meds. Hard to say if it was the meds or the underlying conditions that set them off.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:54 PM   #531
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have a question for those in Australia(do we have any Brit’s here?) as I know we have a few outspoken folks when it comes to guns. I’m curious how prescription medicine is advertised & pushed in your country?

While a bulk of America, and beyond, are blaming guns for what happened in FL, I have a different culprit. Pills. This kid was diagnosed with ADHD, autism, & depression. That’s a cocktail for some mind altering drugs if I’ve heard of one. Americans are so medicated, I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often. Watch any TV show, you’ll see two things dominate, cars & pills. They have a pill for any ailment you can imagine. The side affects are worse than what the pill is curing most of the time.

I don’t understand why nobody ever mentions this. I bet if I looked up the other recent mass shootings, all or most were on some kind of drug that F’d yo their mental state. I saw an article from Dec of ‘16 from NBC. I said 1 in 6 Americans are on antidepressants or other psychiatric drugs. That’s sad. We have the students organizing a nationwide march against guns. But not the authorities failure to communicate or, what I believe to be a big contributing factor, obviously, drugs.
I looked up the #s regarding mental illness in Canada and they are about the same as the U.S., and use of anti-depressants about the same.
Mental illness factored with quick easy access to guns, hard to ignore the access to guns being a huge factor.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:15 PM   #532
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
I looked up the #s regarding mental illness in Canada and they are about the same as the U.S., and use of anti-depressants about the same.
Mental illness factored with quick easy access to guns, hard to ignore the access to guns being a huge factor.

There aren't many of the US's cultural problems that aren't shared by other nations. Except our attitude towards firearms.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:28 PM   #533
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
Interesting. There’s definitely some disconnect happening here. I wish those in charge could put their heads together & actually figure out why this keeps happening...sadly, neither side is mature enough for that.

Honestly, I think guns are the last thing to blame for shootings. If ease of access was a huge factor, in a country of 300 million plus guns, you’d think there would be more. Looking over FL requirements for gun ownership, the background check wasn’t the problem, inability by professionals is to blame(or he was damn good at hiding it). One bullet point on FL Department of Kaw Enforcememt, there’s no way he should’ve been allowed to buy a gun. The system failed, not the background check. His behavior was dismissed or ignored or whatever...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:53 PM   #534
Suck it up!

Quote:
Honestly, I think guns are the last thing to blame for shootings. If ease of access was a huge factor, in a country of 300 million plus guns, you’d think there would be more.
Not actual guns per se, but availability is certainly an issue. There is literally more than one firearm for every person in this country. At 101 guns per 100 people, that's almost twice as many as the next most heavily armed country (Serbia @ 58 per 100). You can't say that it's not a problem.

Granted, Serbia has definitely seen it's share of gun deaths and mass shootings, but they aren't exactly a stable country. They have their own reasons that are unrelated to ours.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #535
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Over several years on this forum I have seen people from western nations suggest or talk about medical drugs and it seemed to me like those people came straight out of a medical college even though they were not related in anyway to a medical profession.

Its mindboggling to realise that for mere problems of life people take a run for medical drugs. How come people not understand that our bodies chemical balance is very delicate?
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:38 PM   #536
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

There aren't many of the US's cultural problems that aren't shared by other nations. Except our attitude towards firearms.
We have a fair bit of guns per capita, but only 30-50% of U.S. ownership, stats say 30% but I think it's higher, there is no registry here of bolt action rifles and shotguns, so they don't really know.
I grew up shooting every week as a kid, my dad was a gunsmith, so I'm pretty used to it. I imagine if we didn't have the gun laws we do, there wouldn't be much difference in the way we view firearms.
I'm happy though that it is the way it is here.

Last edited by vonclod; 02-19-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:52 PM   #537
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Interesting. There’s definitely some disconnect happening here. I wish those in charge could put their heads together & actually figure out why this keeps happening...sadly, neither side is mature enough for that.

Honestly, I think guns are the last thing to blame for shootings. If ease of access was a huge factor, in a country of 300 million plus guns, you’d think there would be more. Looking over FL requirements for gun ownership, the background check wasn’t the problem, inability by professionals is to blame(or he was damn good at hiding it). One bullet point on FL Department of Kaw Enforcememt, there’s no way he should’ve been allowed to buy a gun. The system failed, not the background check. His behavior was dismissed or ignored or whatever...
I agree, someone sure dropped the ball with this Cruz POS.
I would disagree that ease of access is not a factor in these shooting's. The stats would indicate the # of guns correlates with the # of shootings. It is what it is, I don't expect Americans to give up their guns..it's not going to happen.
Should people like Cruz with a history like his get a gun..I would think not, he bought 7 in the last year, and had 39 interactions with law enforcement.
I think that the best that could be hoped for is to tighten things like that up, so people like him do not have the access. I imagine though it wouldn't be hard to get in any case, through private sales, or on the street..etc.
There are no easy answers here.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:43 AM   #538
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to sunny Florida, where we have huge amounts of money in people’s pockets, but WONT spend it on any social needs, mental health, addiction, education, and prisons....
Sadly there are many just like Cruz

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-20-2018, 10:29 AM   #539
Quarry Creeper

Spending money on education... A conversation I was part of this weekend.

Back when I was high school (early 90s) a lot of us had guns in our cars because after school we'd go hunting on plinking. Now days it is criminal to bring a firearm to school. What has changed? One thing is school spending. They took away much of the arts, band, vocational tech, etc... Nowadays it is all about Educate For The Test.

Another note, they have much of the kids lumped together in the same classrooms. The programs of No Child Left Behind and don't segregate kids because it might hurt someone's feelings is poisoning the system. We don't have nearly the support for Special Needs that we used to.

My wife is a 7th grade teacher. She has 40+ kids in her class. The entire spectrum from nearly retarded to super bright. She is expected to teach them all at the same time.... WTF!! In my view, all the kids suffer with this new ideology. Get government funding back into education, start taking care of the kids and quite warmongering.
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #540
I wanna be Dave

Yep, the NEA has caused chaos everywhere. , now the fight isn’t for the kids, but make sure we can FIGHT against...(insert current cause here)

Hang up and Drive

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM