Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2018, 09:18 PM   #861
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I don't judge people for their beliefs that get them through the day as long as it isn't self destructive. Everybody fights their battles in their own way. I'd drive a friend to church in a second if they were getting what they needed.

What I take issue with is when it's put forth that it's the ONLY way. Religion has its place in society, and it's an important place, but it has to stay there.
100% agree. Not self destructive, or destructive in general is the key. If it helps you cope ( a la opiate of the masses) and helps inspire you to be a better person then have at it. But like you said, when it comes down to it being the only way to live and starts being hateful to others that don’t believe then it becomes a bigger issue for me. Then there is the money making side of it, especially when it comes down to my mother whom I have to help with her bills because she doesn’t have the money to give, I will start to get a little more sensitive about it. Some of these Christian groups out here feel like nothing more than a brain washing money maker under the guise of “spreading god’s word”.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #862
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Very interesting story, although it thankfully doesn't impact directly on land-based RC...

Much more detail to be found regarding HobbyKing and the FCC regarding radio frequencies used for controlling drones here:

https://www.rcrwireless.com/20180606...e-company-tag6
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:32 PM   #863
Rock Stacker

Today should be interesting...it’s summit day! How does everyone think it will go?

Personally, I think it will go in the right direction. Basing that on the confessions Jong-Un has made in recent months. I don’t know if that was a false sense of security of a sort, but I like what I’ve seen. The meeting of North & South to discuss the Korean War & the DMZ photo ops(which I hope were more than just that). There is a striking bit to the optics of Getty my Warmbier back to the three recently released.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #864
Suck it up!

Given NKs past behavior when they actually agree to come to the table, nothing will be accomplished. They'll demand unreasonable terms.

If an agreement is actually reached, it will be an amazing thing.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #865
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Given NKs past behavior when they actually agree to come to the table, nothing will be accomplished. They'll demand unreasonable terms.

If an agreement is actually reached, it will be an amazing thing.
I felt the same thing. Kim is a hardened criminal with power. People and their character never changes unless overpowered.
Trump understands powerplay very well and might get things straightened.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:19 PM   #866
Rock Crawler

I'm skeptical about the summit, it all seems to be happening way too fast. And it doesn't help that Kim Jong Un has been meeting/talking with Russia and especially China a lot lately. What may look good in the short run(denuclearization) may end up in the long run with a still divided Korean peninsula with a more prosperous NK being backed by China and Russia. Leaving SK questioning it's alliance with the US.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #867
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
I felt the same thing. Kim is a hardened criminal with power. People and their character never changes unless overpowered.
Trump understands powerplay very well and might get things straightened.
Trump understands how to pout and take his ball home when he doesn't get his way. He is not the master negotiater that he claims to be.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #868
Rock Stacker

President Trump survived the handshake! Progress. Love him or hate him, it was quite a moment seeing him shoulder to shoulder with Jong-Un. First time meeting.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #869
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Trump understands how to pout and take his ball home when he doesn't get his way. He is not the master negotiater that he claims to be.
That's the way it should be.Our way, or the highway. Better than giving them everything they want, like past administrations.
Zippy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #870
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy1 View Post
That's the way it should be.Our way, or the highway. Better than giving them everything they want, like past administrations.
When have we ever given any country everything it wanted without conditions or something in return? Be specific.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:40 AM   #871

Quote:
Your Trump negativity cracks me up.

What positive things has Trump accomplished in your mind?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:56 AM   #872
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Your Trump negativity cracks me up.

What positive things has Trump accomplished in your mind?
Apart from getting NK to sit down and talk, nothing comes to mind.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:09 AM   #873

Quote:
I'm not surprised. You can't be so closed minded and then claim to be open minded.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #874
Suck it up!

Quote:
I'm not surprised. You can't be so closed minded and then claim to be open minded.
I am open minded, but when all that he offers are vague plans, Twitter rants, and a gross ignorance of the Constitution, it's hard to be optimistic.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #875

Quote:
I am open minded, but when all that he offers are vague plans, Twitter rants, and a gross ignorance of the Constitution, it's hard to be optimistic.
To be open minded you have to give credit where credit is due.

I can't believe you're still stuck on Twitter rants. It's ****ing Twitter.

Obama hated the Constitution as well, but you seem to be more of a fan of him than you are of Trump.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #876
Suck it up!

Quote:
To be open minded you have to give credit where credit is due.

I can't believe you're still stuck on Twitter rants. It's ****ing Twitter.

Obama hated the Constitution as well, but you seem to be more of a fan of him than you are of Trump.
I do try to give credit when it's due, and I try not to let my bias get in the way, but it happens. If I owe him a pat on the back, show me why.

Just because it's ****ing Twitter doesn't mean that it's irrelevant or unimportant.

Not sure how Obama hated it, but at least he understood it. Like many other high ranking officials, he is a constitutional scholar.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:30 AM   #877
Gold Star Baby!

To me the best that trump has offered thus far is shaking up the status quo. This will energize future leaders and inspire them to be different. Perhaps one day my kid will see a government without lobbying being the powerhouse it is and have a government that is truly for the people. He’s shaking up international and allied relations, for better or for worse, time will tell.

This also applies to the summit, is it good for America and the world? Too soon to tell. It’s a reason for optimism, but caution must be used before claiming any victory. It did leave a bad taste in my mouth that Trump’s take was that “he and Kim will be successful”, rather than the countries will be successful. With a master manipulator like trump I can’t automatically equate success for him with success for the country.

Also concerning is that Trump is publicly more friendly and comfortable with dictator regimes than with our allies. Compare the G7 images to those of the summit.

Again, being the manipulator he is perhaps playing hardball with friends will better our position but at what cost? Pleading for Russia to be back in the group and acting like their crimes are to be forgotten is also unsettling. Crimea was what, 4 years ago? Election interference 2 years ago? Shot down a passenger plane a few years ago? I don’t get it.

Another question I’ve been asking is that trump always alludes to bad trade deals and that we are losing but there is no clear truth there. Is there anyone on here with info about how the US was taken advantage of in NAFTA and other trade agreements?

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-12-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #878

Quote:
I do try to give credit when it's due, and I try not to let my bias get in the way, but it happens. If I owe him a pat on the back, show me why.

Just because it's ****ing Twitter doesn't mean that it's irrelevant or unimportant.

Not sure how Obama hated it, but at least he understood it. Like many other high ranking officials, he is a constitutional scholar.
If you can't think of anything positive that Trump has done Google can surely help you. There's plenty.

I think Twitter is irrelevant and unimportant. Twitter isn't facts. Twitter isn't policy. It's meaningless social media.

Did Obama understand the Constitution? Better yet, did he support it? Parts of Obama Care were unconstitutional. Plus, he constantly attacked the 2nd Amendment.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #879
Suck it up!

Quote:
If you can't think of anything positive that Trump has done Google can surely help you. There's plenty.

I think Twitter is irrelevant and unimportant. Twitter isn't facts. Twitter isn't policy. It's meaningless social media.

Did Obama understand the Constitution? Better yet, did he support it? Parts of Obama Care were unconstitutional. Plus, he constantly attacked the 2nd Amendment.
Twitter isn't facts, but it's words directly from the fingers and mind of the POTUS. That makes it relevant and important.

No POTUS can do much of anything without approval from the other branches. If parts of the ACA were/are unconstitutional, then the conservative majorities of the legislative and judicial branches didn't seem to mind.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #880
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Really? He has done plenty of good. He has cut regulations(particularly in small business I believe), which at least in my state are severely needed. He has given veterans more freedom in choosing how they handle their healthcare & is holding VA employees accountable. He has decimated the land “ownership” of terrorists in the Middle East. One could argue on employment being a landslide started by the previous administration, but unemployment is now at the lowest it’s been in 20 years.

There is plenty of good this president has done, the problem is, you really have to look for it. The pundits attention span doesn’t see good.

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM