skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2018, 06:53 AM   #1002
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3ad5ea5ed793

Portland's new slogan should be "Keep Portland Retarded" because that's definitely what it is. These anti idiots came loaded with shields...because they knew what they were going to do & didn't want to get hit with bean bags(most likely because they weren't sure if they were gluten free beans).

Hahahahahshshahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 06:54 AM   #1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
/facepalm
Prove me wrong.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:24 AM   #1004
Pebble Pounder

Some people lack the means, skills or opportunities to improve their situation. I don't think the guy with the 83 IQ that gave me my bagel this morning is going to bust out and own his own Dunkin Donuts franchise someday.

I grew up with friends that were poor. Their parents worked their asses off to provide. And they were still poor. I know this is a hard concept for you to understand Jato, but not all poor people are lazy and "choose" to be poor.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:27 AM   #1005
Suck it up!

That is quite possibly the most retarded thing you have ever said.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:29 AM   #1006
Quarry Creeper

Why am I subscribed to this drivel !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #1007

Quote:
Some people lack the means, skills or opportunities to improve their situation. I don't think the guy with the 83 IQ that gave me my bagel this morning is going to bust out and own his own Dunkin Donuts franchise someday.

I grew up with friends that were poor. Their parents worked their asses off to provide. And they were still poor. I know this is a hard concept for you to understand Jato, but not all poor people are lazy and "choose" to be poor.
Handicaps present different challenges. That's especially true when it prevents them from succeeding in life. Those people are outliers and not the norm that I was talking about.

I was raised by a single mom. She was poor. She chose to go back to school while working so she could get out of the hole which she did.

I chose to work hard in school and get a good job to avoid being poor despite my physical handicap.

Anymore sob stories you want to throw my way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
That is quite possibly the most retarded thing you have ever said.
Me or skinnyj?
Old 07-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #1008
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Me or skinnyj?
You.

Oversimplifying poverty to a massive case of general laziness is incredibly short sighted.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #1009

Quote:
You.

Oversimplifying poverty to a massive case of general laziness is incredibly short sighted.
Never expected you to use the word retarded.

Anyway, for the most part poverty is an incredibly simple issue. Many people are poor because they are lazy. Not all, but many. Average, healthy people have the skills and the ability to not be poor. It's their choice to work and not be poor or to be lazy and poor.

Things happen in life - kids, medical issues, losing a job, recession, etc. The average person is always one big incident away from being poor. But those people will, again, work themselves out of being poor.

Now the people that are living poor and then have children...they're just stupid. Don't have kids you can't afford. Don't get tickets you can't afford. Take control of your life and be an adult. I know that's insanity...that's asking too much in this modern day world.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #1010
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Now the people that are living poor and then have children...they're just stupid. Don't have kids you can't afford. Don't get tickets you can't afford.
I’m curious to know how you feel about planned parenthood.

Poverty is a cycle and can take generations for the financial, educational, and social obstacles that poverty presents to be overcome. Take into account the effects poverty has on a child, at the most impressionable stage of life, it becomes less of a choice and more of a perpetual battle.

From an existential duality standpoint, there can’t be rich people without poor people. People can’t have more without others having less. In capitalism there will always be a top, and there will always be a bottom. Its not a choice as much as it is a product of our society.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 07-06-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #1011
Suck it up!

Quote:
I only pull it out for special circumstances.

Quote:
Anyway, for the most part poverty is an incredibly simple issue. Many people are poor because they are lazy. Not all, but many. Average, healthy people have the skills and the ability to not be poor. It's their choice to work and not be poor or to be lazy and poor.
Still over simplifying it...

Quote:
Things happen in life - kids, medical issues, losing a job, recession, etc. The average person is always one big incident away from being poor.
Yes.

Quote:
But those people will, again, work themselves out of being poor.
Not always. People have limits as to what they can endure.

Quote:
Now the people that are living poor and then have children...they're just stupid. Don't have kids you can't afford. Don't get tickets you can't afford. Take control of your life and be an adult. I know that's insanity...that's asking too much in this modern day world.
Here's a tip: most people that have kids can't afford them. They're fawking expensive. I assume you mean low income baby factories, and yes, they should stop.

Nobody is the master of their own domain. Not a single person. Every one of us experiences a million variables in our daily lives that are completely out of our control. The best you can do is the best you can do, and that too varies daily.

Escaping poverty is as much about luck as it is anything. You can be the JatoTheRipper-esq perfectly responsible, hard working, mentally/physically capable adult and still get shit on. You can do every single thing right and still fail. That's life. And, how you are as an adult is heavily influence by how you were raised. If you had shitty parents with a shitty mindset living in a shitty place with shitty income, you're probably going to wind up equally as shitty. Becoming an adult is not a magical reset button once you reach a certain age. A shitty youth can haunt you for decades.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:52 AM   #1012
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It's a reasonable judgement IMO. I know firsthand the court fee shit spiral that happens when you're poor.

Backing it up with the 14th Ammendment seems to be a stretch though. It might be something specific to the states Constitution...
I agree that there's no "constitutional" protection granting anyone the "right" to a drivers license, but revoking a license for a non driving violation seems a bit of stretch as well. I'd just have to question if someone is really that broke, are they carrying auto insurance? If the answer is no, then any car that they own should have the tags turned in.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #1013
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I agree that there's no "constitutional" protection granting anyone the "right" to a drivers license, but revoking a license for a non driving violation seems a bit of stretch as well. I'd just have to question if someone is really that broke, are they carrying auto insurance? If the answer is no, then any car that they own should have the tags turned in.
It's less about the privilege of driving and more about a debt to the government not putting the kibosh on your livelihood. I know there is a law against "debtors prisons", and I image this falls in line with that.

If they don't have insurance, that's a whole other issue. Your employer isn't going to drop you because you don't have insurance, but they might if you don't have a licence. Mine requires it, and if you lose it, you're gone. We lost a tech and a salesman on the same weekend because they partied just a little too hard and got caught at a sobriety checkpoints.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #1014
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Things happen in life - kids, medical issues, losing a job, recession, etc. The average person is always one big incident away from being poor. But those people will, again, work themselves out of being poor.

I think you are simplifying it a bit too much, but you make a good point at the same time. A lot of people chooose also to not live within their means in today’s age, always needing the latest & greatest. And there are those who don’t want to try, maybe because their upbringing or they see the gov’t is handing them everything.

It also comes down to willpower & drive. I like Richard Sherman for just this reason. He grew up with nothing living in Compton. He saw his “future” outside his window. He fought to change it...and he did.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #1015
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I know, in Massachusetts, if your insurance lapses, your vehicle registration is forfeited automatically. A friend of mine found this out the hard way.

Here in New Hampshire, you are not required to carry insurance. However, if you do get into an accident where you are at fault, you are still responsible for all financial liability out of your own pocket.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:27 AM   #1016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
I’m curious to know how you feel about planned parenthood.

Poverty is a cycle and can take generations for the financial, educational, and social obstacles that poverty presents to be overcome. Take into account the effects poverty has on a child, at the most impressionable stage of life, it becomes less of a choice and more of a perpetual battle.

From an existential duality standpoint, there can’t be rich people without poor people. People can’t have more without others having less. In capitalism there will always be a top, and there will always be a bottom. Its not a choice as much as it is a product of our society.
What parts of planned parenthood? I don't feel that I should have to pay for anybody's birth control or abortions. Having children is a choice.

If somebody gets pregnant and they plan on using government assistance than I support abortion. Post birth abortion of the parent. Having kids when you are poor and then expecting to live off of tax payers is no better than theft.

I don't care if people have abortions. In fact I wish more people would get them every time I go out and I see a screaming brat that the parent obviously can't or doesn't want to take care of.

Quote:
I only pull it out for special circumstances.
Liberals are typically offended by the word.

I'm honored you used it for me.

Quote:
Still over simplifying it...
Agree to disagree.

Quote:
Here's a tip: most people that have kids can't afford them. They're fawking expensive. I assume you mean low income baby factories, and yes, they should stop.
I disagree. Lots of people in my middle class family have children and they can afford them.

Quote:
Nobody is the master of their own domain. Not a single person. Every one of us experiences a million variables in our daily lives that are completely out of our control. The best you can do is the best you can do, and that too varies daily.
We aren't in complete control of life, but we control most of it. It's just that most people don't want to take personal responsibility for the shit show their life has become so they blame it on other things.

Quote:
Escaping poverty is as much about luck as it is anything. You can be the JatoTheRipper-esq perfectly responsible, hard working, mentally/physically capable adult and still get shit on. You can do every single thing right and still fail. That's life. And, how you are as an adult is heavily influence by how you were raised. If you had shitty parents with a shitty mindset living in a shitty place with shitty income, you're probably going to wind up equally as shitty. Becoming an adult is not a magical reset button once you reach a certain age. A shitty youth can haunt you for decades.
Again, I disagree. Being poor isn't bad luck just like being rich, usually, isn't good luck. Hard work goes along way to distance one's self from being poor.

Stupid decisions in a person's youth are also choices. There's that personal responsibility thing again...
Old 07-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #1017
Suck it up!

Quote:
I disagree. Lots of people in my middle class family have children and they can afford them.
That was a half-joke. The kids themselves are relatively cheap, it's the accessories that get ya.

Are you implying that the lower class shouldn't have kids?

Quote:
We aren't in complete control of life, but we control most of it.
Agree to disagree, but I suppose that is a matter of perspective.

Quote:
It's just that most people don't want to take personal responsibility for the shit show their life has become so they blame it on other things.

Quote:
Again, I disagree. Being poor isn't bad luck just like being rich, usually, isn't good luck. Hard work goes along way to distance one's self from being poor.
If we're discussing personal financial security (which we are), fawk yeah being poor is bad luck. Being born into a wealthy family means that you get the privilege of starting life way ahead of everyone else.

Hard work isn't a guarantee of anything.

Quote:
Stupid decisions in a person's youth are also choices. There's that personal responsibility thing again...
Yes, they're choices, but more often than not they are ignorant or ill-informed choices. I don't expect a teenager to make the same kind of responsible decisions that a healthy, successful 50yr old would make, simply because they don't have the same amount of life experience.

So we're clear, I'm not excusing a lack of personal responsibility, I'm saying that you can't expect everybody to have it at all times. They won't. They rarely do. People gonna people.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #1018
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
That was a half-joke. The kids themselves are relatively cheap, it's the accessories that get ya.
We are splitting the appendectomy my step-daughter got with my wife's ex husband to the tune of $4000 apiece . The kids are on his insurance and it is a good plan. Her $15000 ER visit is only costing us $50 apiece.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #1019
Suck it up!

Quote:
We are splitting the appendectomy my step-daughter got with my wife's ex husband to the tune of $4000 apiece . The kids are on his insurance and it is a good plan. Her $15000 ER visit is only costing us $50 apiece.
I forget what mine cost, but it was a ton. He was a preemie and spent 2 months in the NICU. Plus my wife was hospitalized for a month prior to that because of some rare tumor that only pops up in the medical world every few decades. Fun times.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:32 PM   #1020
Pebble Pounder

My wife, her ex-husband and I all work decent jobs, but this is going to hurt big-time. For people that make less, this sort of thing can be catastrophic.

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM