https://www.gofundme.com/ladders-to-...trump039s-wall
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #1102
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Dude is pimping his disabled veteran status hard. I'm not sure how that equates to trustworthiness...

edit: dude also believes that the wall will stop the opoid epidemic.

PS: last I checked, the top donor was in for $50k.
Well, there is this:
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...PgPBEqx9JfA1sY
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #1103
Suck it up!

Color me surprised.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if this turns out to be an elaborate con and all these "patriots" get fleeced.
So you get joy out of theft? Interesting.

The founder of this GoFundMe would be a fool to take the money and run. He'd be in jail for a long time. You can't just set up a GoFundMe with a false goal and then just keep the money. People get punished for that all the time.

I just find it every interesting that any American would be against controlling illegal immigration. It's a cancer slowly eating away at this country.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:24 AM   #1105
Suck it up!

It's funny because some people invest heavy in their own selfishness without any thought towards the validity or moral compass of the supposed supplier. They don't care who the person is, or how they're going to do what they say they're going to do, they only care that they are being offered the thing they want most.

The owner of the account could move the money and then find a nice comfortable life in a country without extradition.

Being against an expensive and foolish solution does not mean that you are against solutions.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:06 AM   #1106
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
So you get joy out of theft? Interesting.

The founder of this GoFundMe would be a fool to take the money and run. He'd be in jail for a long time. You can't just set up a GoFundMe with a false goal and then just keep the money. People get punished for that all the time.

I just find it every interesting that any American would be against controlling illegal immigration. It's a cancer slowly eating away at this country.
What is that saying about a fool and his money?

All I've seen is that 200K + people have rocks in their heads.

How about holding the orange oaf to "MEXICO IS GOING TO PAY FOR IT!!!"

And, no, his re-name... Errr... Renegotiated NAFTA isn't going to pay for it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/phillev.../#436e80feee10

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/18/admi...-the-wall.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/u...all-usmca.html

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/201...or-border-wall

https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-hucka...r-wall-1264062
Old 12-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #1107
Pebble Pounder

And a little food for thought on Mexican immigration (Pew Research is a highly reputable, non-biased group):

What we know about illegal immigration from Mexico | Pew Research Center

Number of unauthorized immigrants in US lower in 2015 than 2009

So... If Mexican immigration has been declining since 2010, why are we strong-arming them to pay for the wall?

Why aren't we clamoring for a wall on our bigger and more porous northern border?

The cries for this stupid wall are what they are.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:42 AM   #1108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The cries for this stupid wall are what they are.
Quote:
All I've seen is that 200K + people have rocks in their heads.
Kinda easy to blast people talking about a wall, when you are not living with the problem that it is causing in the state you are living in.

Estimated illegal immigrant population, by state, 2014

New Hampshire 10,000
California 2,350,000

Is it stupid? Not sure why people get all up in arms talking about borders.

Here is my problem with the arguments. One side wants a wall / border. One side says a Wall is stupid.

Least the first side even if you do not agree with it, seems like it solves a problem. The other side just wants to say how stupid it is, with out offering any solution to the problem. So yes people would probably lean towards a idea of a solution.

Now with that said, I would like a border. I would like my government to control who is allowed into our country. ( just like nearly every other country in the world). I would also like them to fix the immigration policy. Taking 5 years to get across the border is excessive. I would like a better path to legal immigration and citizenship.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #1109
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
Kinda easy to blast people talking about a wall, when you are not living with the problem that it is causing in the state you are living in.

Estimated illegal immigrant population, by state, 2014

New Hampshire 10,000
California 2,350,000

Is it stupid? Not sure why people get all up in arms talking about borders.

Here is my problem with the arguments. One side wants a wall / border. One side says a Wall is stupid.

Least the first side even if you do not agree with it, seems like it solves a problem. The other side just wants to say how stupid it is, with out offering any solution to the problem. So yes people would probably lean towards a idea of a solution.

Now with that said, I would like a border. I would like my government to control who is allowed into our country. ( just like nearly every other country in the world). I would also like them to fix the immigration policy. Taking 5 years to get across the border is excessive. I would like a better path to legal immigration and citizenship.
No. I'm blasting people for foolishly throwing their money out the window.

That is a pretty stark contrast until you put it into context of overall population. California has 6% more undocumented persons than New Hampshire. Not as sexy a number... Factor in that the study was done in 2014 and, even then, the numbers were declining as a whole.

I love how people that don't want to see 25-50 billion get wasted on a useless wall (that is more a monument to Trump's ego than anything else) are labeled "pro-open borders". I see the wall the same way I see the F-35 or SDI. Lots of money tossed at something that is less than a half-measure. That money could be better spent elsewhere.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:31 PM   #1110

Quote:

That is a pretty stark contrast until you put it into context of overall population. California has 6% more undocumented persons than New Hampshire. Not as sexy a number... Factor in that the study was done in 2014 and, even then, the numbers were declining as a whole.

I love how people that don't want to see 25-50 billion get wasted on a useless wall (that is more a monument to Trump's ego than anything else) are labeled "pro-open borders". I see the wall the same way I see the F-35 or SDI. Lots of money tossed at something that is less than a half-measure. That money could be better spent elsewhere.

ONE illegal is too many. Having 20 million, or whatever the current number happens to be, is absolutely inexcusable!

You don't want to see money "wasted" on securing this country? Are you OK with the $50 Billion we waste giving to other countries by way of "financial aide"?
Old 12-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #1111
Rock Crawler

Quote:

But again, easy to talk bad about someone else solution and not have a solution to offer in exchange. Is the idea of a wall stupid and useless? In your opinion it is. But if it deterred 10-25% of the immigrants would it be worth it? 50%? When would it make sense? It would deter some immigration, so it is not useless.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:56 PM   #1112
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You don't want to see money "wasted" on securing this country?
So predictable... Always dealing in "absolutes"...

It isn't going to secure anything. It's a dog-whistle for the moron-in-chief to score points with his base. Drugs will still come in via the ocean and tunnels. People will over stay their visas, ect.

I'll ask again, if we are all about securing our borders, why isn't anyone screaming about our wide-open 4000 mile northern border?
Old 12-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #1113
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
But again, easy to talk bad about someone else solution and not have a solution to offer in exchange. Is the idea of a wall stupid and useless? In your opinion it is. But if it deterred 10-25% of the immigrants would it be worth it? 50%? When would it make sense? It would deter some immigration, so it is not useless.
As a taxpayer, I don't have to offer an alternate solution to be opposed to how my money is spent. Heck, conservatives railed about the evils of the ACA for years, but when they finally had the ball, we found out they had zero in the way of alternatives.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #1114
Suck it up!

Quote:
ONE illegal is too many.
That's like teaching abstinence in an effort to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It's a simpleminded method to reach an unobtainable goal.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:01 PM   #1115

Default News thread

Quote:
So predictable... Always dealing in "absolutes"...

It isn't going to secure anything. It's a dog-whistle for the moron-in-chief to score points with his base. Drugs will still come in via the ocean and tunnels. People will over stay their visas, ect.

I'll ask again, if we are all about securing our borders, why isn't anyone screaming about our wide-open 4000 mile northern border?

Ah I understand you now. You hate Trump so much that everything comes down to bashing him and everything else is secondary.

A wall might not completely fix the issue, but it sure as hell won't hurt.

If you have to ask that question you need to sit down and think about the answer to that. It's simple.

Quote:
As a taxpayer, I don't have to offer an alternate solution to be opposed to how my money is spent. Heck, conservatives railed about the evils of the ACA for years, but when they finally had the ball, we found out they had zero in the way of alternatives.

ACA sucks. Mostly only system leeches disagree. It needs to be repealed. There isn't a need for an immediate replacement. Health care was fine before Obama screwed it up for mostly everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
That's like teaching abstinence in an effort to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It's a simpleminded method to reach an unobtainable goal.

Simple solutions aren't always bad. What do you do when you want to keep people out of your yard? You build a wall.

I'm all for putting arm guards on the wall and shooting and trespasser on the spot. That would save a lot of money on immigration processing, legal proceedings, etc. Stand your ground, America. But America has become soft and full of snowflakes.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 12-21-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:33 PM   #1116
Suck it up!

Quote:
Simple solutions aren't always bad. What do you do when you want to keep people out of your yard? You build a wall.
I agree, simple solutions can work well, but I said simpleminded, which is a very different thing.

A wall is not a solution. It never has been. Better mouse traps produce smarter mice. If walls worked, you wouldn't be clamoring for a better one. The first one would have been sufficient.

If I want to keep people out of my yard, the first thing I'd do is to see why they were there in the first place. But then nobody really wants to do that...

Quote:
I'm all for putting arm guards on the wall and shooting and trespasser on the spot. That would save a lot of money on immigration processing, legal proceedings, etc. Stand your ground, America. But America has become soft and full of snowflakes.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:43 PM   #1117
Suck it up!

Quote:
Health care was fine before Obama screwed it up for mostly everybody.

It's getting worse, but no, it was not fine before. It was just slightly less embarrassingly bad.

And the ACA is shit now for the same reason that Reagans amnesty bill turned to shit. Neither was meant to operate eternally in the exact form that it was written. Those that opposed it sabotaged it. Those that supported it either neglected to or were unable to take any further action to progress it. Both were foundations for a larger project. Both have failed at the hands of those that they were entrusted to.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #1118
I wanna be Dave

Walls are a deterrent. When I moved onto the property I live on, the first thing I did was put up a 6' privacy fence around it, and posted it with "No Trespassing" signs. People that don't normally live here don't set foot on my property without coming to the front door first and asking permission to enter, such as Meter Readers, Cable Technicians, or Comed, period.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:02 PM   #1119
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Walls are a deterrent. When I moved onto the property I live on, the first thing I did was put up a 6' privacy fence around it, and posted it with "No Trespassing" signs. People that don't normally live here don't set foot on my property without coming to the front door first and asking permission to enter, such as Meter Readers, Cable Technicians, or Comed, period.
Well shit. Looks like all we need is 2000 miles of 6' privacy fence and some signage. I mean, it worked for you...
Old 12-21-2018, 06:18 PM   #1120
I wanna be Dave

You know, I respect your views and opinions, and skinnyj's, even though I may not always agree with them, and you made a statement that "walls don't work".

I made a statement that walls do work, humor me if nothing else. You want people to listen to your spew.

I don't know about you and your family, but my parents, aunts, uncles and grand parents came from Europe escaping the Nazi invasion of their country, came to America, and followed the law to become citizens. They didn't get any handouts, like these people are expecting, free schooling and healthcare, and WE, as American citizens, born and raised here have to work and pay taxes so these freeloaders can get those handouts.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM