Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2017, 07:17 AM   #101

Default Re: News thread

The drug addiction epidemic is funny to me. If you try heroin you know what's going to happen. Your life is ruined. So let's offer heroin for free, but only in triple strength. Let's give them that overdose faster than they want it. Let Darwinism take over. These idiots are ruining the gene pool.

If somebody steals to support their drug habit we should do what they do in the Middle East. Remove a finger. If they do it again remove a hand. Keep cutting off body parts until they are no longer able to steal.

We are weak on crime in the US. That is our biggest issue. I'm sick of hearing the bullshit that "We're more civilized in the US so we can't be like the other countries." It's bullshit. We're weaker. That's not being civilized. If we were more civilized we wouldn't have drug addicts and inner cities like Chicago where you can't feel safe to leave your house at night.

Or we can just legalize weed. That's going to cure everything including heroin addiction, right?

Drug addiction is not a disease. We coddle people and tell them their screw ups are "OK" by allowing everybody to think it's a disease that they couldn't control. It's complete bullshit. Nobody is born thinking they have to try cocaine, heroin, etc.

Speaking of Shitcago, I find it hilarious that the mayor is worried about immigration and being a sanctuary city yet he can't even control his city. I hope he does sue Trump. And I hope he is immediately removed from office for disobeying orders. Once again, it's time we get tough on people even those "in charge."

I don't see how anybody can be in support of sanctuary cities. You are supporting illegal immigrants which is against the law. What's next? Maybe sanctuary cities protecting murders? It's not their fault that they killed. Killing is a disease! We need to rehabilitate them just like the "poor" drug addicts. Give me a ****ing break.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2017, 07:54 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Legalize all drugs and let the darwinian theory take over.

Take 1 years budget for the "war on drugs" and buy fentanyl and meth by the truck load. Get the tweaked to dig the graves thay they'll all be buried in.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:18 AM   #103
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
...we should do what they do in the Middle East. Remove a finger. If they do it again remove a hand. Keep cutting off body parts until they are no longer able to steal.
You do realize that the 8th Amendment was put into the Constitution to prevent exactly this sort of thing?
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
You do realize that the 8th Amendment was put into the Constitution to prevent exactly this sort of thing?
Like most things in the Constitution there is so much room left for interpretation. I don't think it's cruel or unusual punishment at all. I think it's fair. Back when the Constitution was written there were a lot less criminal scumbags.

But hey, if you're not against stealing let the criminals know so they can come take your stuff first.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:23 AM   #105
Pebble Pounder

Let's apply that logic to the Second Amendment and see how flexible you are...
Old 08-08-2017, 08:45 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The drug addiction epidemic is funny to me. If you try heroin you know what's going to happen. Your life is ruined.

We are weak on crime in the US. That is our biggest issue. I'm sick of hearing the bullshit that "We're more civilized in the US so we can't be like the other countries." It's bullshit. We're weaker.

Drug addiction is not a disease. We coddle people and tell them their screw ups are "OK" by allowing everybody to think it's a disease that they couldn't control. It's complete bullshit.

You're not serious are you ?
Research shows the opioids crisis is caused by Drs getting patients hooked, Heroin is cheaper for them on the streets.
MOST don't want to be hooked as they know as you said.
Drug addiction IS a disease whether airhead conservatives think so or not..... Alcohol is still the largest abused drug, do we need prohibition again ??

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:52 AM   #107

Quote:
Let's apply that logic to the Second Amendment and see how flexible you are...
People have been limiting the Second Amendment for years so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
You're not serious are you ?
Research shows the opioids crisis is caused by Drs getting patients hooked, Heroin is cheaper for them on the streets.
MOST don't want to be hooked as they know as you said.
Drug addiction IS a disease whether airhead conservatives think so or not..... Alcohol is still the largest abused drug, do we need prohibition again ??

Hang up and Drive
100% serious. Some addictions stem from legal pain killers. Not all. But most people that are prescribed pain killers do not become addicts.

I've been on the strongest legal painkillers on the planet and I'm not using the "addiction" excuse as a crutch. I used them as prescribed and moved on. I didn't blame mommy and daddy for my problems. All addicts have sob stories and excuses. It's a weakness not a disease. Cancer is a disease. Nobody chooses to swallow cancer. I think the only airheads are those that believe addiction is a disease.

I'm for legalizing all drugs and make them cheap enough so that Darwinism can rule. Why would I want to ban alcohol?
Old 08-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #108
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
People have been limiting the Second Amendment for years so...

100% serious. Some addictions stem from legal pain killers. Not all. But most people that are prescribed pain killers do not become addicts.

I've been on the strongest legal painkillers on the planet and I'm not using the "addiction" excuse as a crutch. I used them as prescribed and moved on. I didn't blame mommy and daddy for my problems. All addicts have sob stories and excuses. It's a weakness not a disease. Cancer is a disease. Nobody chooses to swallow cancer. I think the only airheads are those that believe addiction is a disease.

I'm for legalizing all drugs and make them cheap enough so that Darwinism can rule. Why would I want to ban alcohol?
And I'm sure you been cool with the "limitations" right?

Also, I love the anecdotal evidence in your argument. You didn't get hooked, so no one should get hooked... Once again, applying your logic, I don't own a gun for self defense and have never needed one, so therefore, NO ONE needs a gun for self defense.

*Disclaimer: I'm not against gun ownership. I'm just not into guns *
Old 08-08-2017, 09:15 AM   #109

Quote:
And I'm sure you been cool with the "limitations" right?

Also, I love the anecdotal evidence in your argument. You didn't get hooked, so no one should get hooked... Once again, applying your logic, I don't own a gun for self defense and have never needed one, so therefore, NO ONE needs a gun for self defense.

*Disclaimer: I'm not against gun ownership. I'm just not into guns *
Do I like the restrictions? Nope. But what is good for one amendment should be good for the rest, right?

I was giving an example not proving my experiences as evidence. If you want evidence that addiction is not a disease there is plenty of information out there. Lots of experts agree that it is not a disease nor should it be treated as such. Have you ever read any of that information?
Old 08-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Default News thread

I have, and as a chronic pain sufferer my Dr prescribed methadone(6.00 for 90 pills) and then switched me over to Nucinta... stronger. I was addicted and it didn't solve my pain issues, I went clean and live with the pain. I'm lucky according to both Allinon and Narconon, addiction is a disease that YOU don't want to pay to treat people for, but toss them in prison because you don't understand addiction

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 08-08-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #111

Quote:
I have, and as a chronic pain sufferer my Dr prescribed methadone(6.00 for 90 pills) and then switched me over to Nucinta... stronger. I was addicted and it didn't solve my pain issues, I went clean and live with the pain. I'm lucky according to both Allinon and Narconon, addiction is a disease that YOU don't want to pay to treat people, but toss them in prison because you don't understand addiction

Hang up and Drive
You're putting words in my mouth. I never once mentioned prison as punishment for drug use. It's a waste of time. Drugs are easily accessible in prison and they are used as control and power. Again, legalize the sum' bitches and offer them in the commissary.

I've done lots of research on both sides of addiction. Using my knowledge gained through this research I have sided with those that believe addiction is not a disease.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:56 AM   #112
Suck it up!

The whole "addiction is not a disease" argument is simply the use of semantics to justify their poor opinion of addicts, being that if someone should find themselves addicted, it's purely their fault and they are a worthless piece of shit for doing it.

Addiction is not a disease by classic standards, and no one is claiming that it is. It's just the approach that is taken to the situation.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
The whole "addiction is not a disease" argument is simply the use of semantics to justify their poor opinion of addicts, being that if someone should find themselves addicted, it's purely their fault and they are a worthless piece of shit for doing it.

Addiction is not a disease by classic standards, and no one is claiming that it is. It's just the approach that is taken to the situation.
Yes, because any opinion that counters yours is wrong.

No, that's not how this works. Not even all doctors are on the same page with the classification of addiction.

It's all about control. Addicts give up control. Former addicts take control. And I don't look down on addicts at all. In fact I respect those that take control and beat addiction.

My blood uncle died from a lifelong addiction to painkillers. A former uncle by marriage is a lifelong recreational drug user. I loved and looked up to both of these guys. I don't think of them any less than a non addict.

I can't fathom dedicating my life to a substance and allowing it to control me especially when know it's going to ruin my body and ultimately kill me. I did research to get an understanding of addiction and to get some answers. I have stated my conclusions. You don't have to agree with them. But simply dismissing the other side of a discussion is closed minded. There's research out there to back both sides. I'm not a tinfoil hat wearer nor am I the only person that thinks addiction is not a disease.

We call can become addicts, right? If anybody and everybody can become an addict does that mean we all have this "disease" just brewing inside of our body?
Old 08-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #114
Suck it up!

I too have had loved ones die because of addiction. I take this shit personally. It's not about winning an argument.

Doctors will always disagree on something. That doesn't mean it should all get thrown out of the window.

You don't understand how addiction happens. Clearly you don't. It's not just a bunch of people making an informed choice. That is a deeply ignorant thing to believe.

Everything you've said to this point makes it evident that you do think you are better than an addict, no matter what you try to back pedal with.

We all have the propensity to be addicted to something. It's just a matter of time and luck. For me it's cigarettes. For others it's alcohol. For others it's food, or sex, or drugs. The list goes on. Every goddamn day I am thankful that I am lucky enough to only have nicotine as a vice.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I too have had loved ones die because of addiction. I take this shit personally. It's not about winning an argument.

Doctors will always disagree on something. That doesn't mean it should all get thrown out of the window.

You don't understand how addiction happens. Clearly you don't. It's not just a bunch of people making an informed choice. That is a deeply ignorant thing to believe.

Everything you've said to this point makes it evident that you do think you are better than an addict, no matter what you try to back pedal with.

We all have the propensity to be addicted to something. It's just a matter of time and luck. For me it's cigarettes. For others it's alcohol. For others it's food, or sex, or drugs. The list goes on. Every goddamn day I am thankful that I am lucky enough to only have nicotine as a vice.
Yes, you clearly know everything and I know nothing about it.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I can't fathom dedicating my life to a substance and allowing it to control me especially when know it's going to ruin my body and ultimately kill me.
Im sure you cant. BUT an addict does not have that same process. When I figured out I was addicted to the prescribed opiates I said NO. My DR said no issue, its for your pain. Yep and it started to take my soul and mind. My daughter a RN educated me and walked me through my day of withdrawal....I was on a very small amount, I cannot imagine needing two or three prescribed Oxys a day for pain

I buried my mother an alcohol addict at the age I am today...too young, and her choice to start, Unfortunately as I learned going to AA and Ala teen meetings, she couldn't stop due to the depths where she had gone. Its not all mind over matter as you and my son think. If you want to learn the real truth, find and attend a NA meeting in your town, then you will see and learn
Old 08-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #117

Quote:
Im sure you cant. BUT an addict does not have that same process. When I figured out I was addicted to the prescribed opiates I said NO. My DR said no issue, its for your pain. Yep and it started to take my soul and mind. My daughter a RN educated me and walked me through my day of withdrawal....I was on a very small amount, I cannot imagine needing two or three prescribed Oxys a day for pain

I buried my mother an alcohol addict at the age I am today...too young, and her choice to start, Unfortunately as I learned going to AA and Ala teen meetings, she couldn't stop due to the depths where she had gone. Its not all mind over matter as you and my son think. If you want to learn the real truth, find and attend a NA meeting in your town, then you will see and learn
I think at the start it is mind over matter. Doesn't your example support that thinking? I mean you straight up decided to quit the pills. You did it by using the power of your mind. I have huge respect for you in not only recognizing your addiction, but more importantly doing something to stop it!

At a certain point the brain changes and it becomes exponentially more difficult to quit. That's when your body is physically and mentally addicted because the body has been changed by the chemicals.

I have simplified things in my posts, but I'm not naive enough to think it's a 100% cut and dry and black and white issue. The human body, especially the mind, is far too complex. I think so many factors come into play - genetics, dramatic events during childhood, upbringing, etc.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Default News thread

You just hit upon one of the triggers, genetics. I went thru AA and all that as a young man, that's why I saw the pills as what they were doing to me, I was lucky , but it was a lot of pain learning with my moms struggles and death. When the ME called me he told me that she died of "hardening of the arteries" I asked wasn't it the alcohol ? He said most likely, but family's don't like that as cause of death.

Addiction needs to be decriminalized, not punished. Addicts will always help another soul out, same with recovering addicts. We need less criminal and more mental $$ and help. The "war on drugs" has always been a dog and phoney show... (not pony) the CIA imported more than some cartels did......OOPS ???

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 08-08-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:44 PM   #119
Suck it up!

Quote:
If you try heroin you know what's going to happen. Your life is ruined. So let's offer heroin for free, but only in triple strength. Let's give them that overdose faster than they want it. Let Darwinism take over. These idiots are ruining the gene pool.

Drug addiction is not a disease. We coddle people and tell them their screw ups are "OK" by allowing everybody to think it's a disease that they couldn't control. It's complete bullshit. Nobody is born thinking they have to try cocaine, heroin, etc.

I don't see how anybody can be in support of sanctuary cities. You are supporting illegal immigrants which is against the law. What's next? Maybe sanctuary cities protecting murders? It's not their fault that they killed. Killing is a disease! We need to rehabilitate them just like the "poor" drug addicts. Give me a ****ing break.
Quote:
I have simplified things in my posts, but I'm not naive enough to think it's a 100% cut and dry and black and white issue.
Yeah, you did, and yeah, by your own words it sure seems that you do.

Maybe think more and rant less?

If you want to break it down in to stupid simple terms, then yeah, damn near every addict made that decision for themselves. Nobody forced them (usually) to do it. You say you know that it's more complex than that, but I don't think you do. Hopefully Mike can bring you around...
Old 08-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

I'm not going to change anyone or anything but me. The 12 steps work, and people give hope to others. All I can do is live by example and not succumb to my addictions.

Hang up and Drive

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM