Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: I'm curious how many of us have had

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default I'm curious how many of us have had

Kidney Stones, my stomach was hurting bad and I kept throwing up I went to the ER and they gave me a IV since I was dehydrated and gave me a Catscan and found a 3mm kidney stone and gave me some medication and some pain pills and told me it should pass by its self and they gave me a referral for a Urologist, Is it as easy as they say too pass the stone ??
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2017, 12:43 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: I'm curious how many of us have had

3mm should pass without issue. I have pissed out a 6 mm, and had a 12 x 17mm broken with a laser, and 3 others around 11- 14 mm broken with sound waves. They suck. My advice is this:

You need a couple days off. And a bottle of pain pills. Stout pills. Take as many as it says, exactly when it says. You need to actually get loopy because then your body relaxes. Then grab a gallon of water and make it your life goal to drink it like if you get it down you get to be the only judge in the miss 18 ysa blowjob competition. Then once its gone, grab another. And I like to walk. Flush it out. And if you can get them ask for flomax, its a pill that makes old men pee better. And since you left the hospital, I always ask for toradol, its old school anti inflammatory. It always works like a champ for me.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:56 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

They do suck!
I've had them twice: the first time I thought I pulled a muscle in my back, 20 mins later I crawl into the house hollering for help, off to the ER to see what was up..then came the pain meds. The second time a year or so later I knew instantly what it was and demanded my spousal unit drive me to the hospital knowing they had a whole cabinet full of feel good pills. Both times I was lucky and just passed em without the need special treatment. The second time while on the way to the hospital (after one of the many times we pulled over so I could burp in technicolor) I felt a little pop, I assumed a kidney had ruptured but apparently it was the stone exiting the ureter into the bladder, kinda like a spitball out of a straw...
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

They gave me 12 Hydrocod/ACetam pills for pain and 12 tablets of Zofran, not sure what is for, but you put them under your tongue

So what causes the kidney stones, they said to much calcium can cause it, I do eat cheese and drink milk and ice cream but not huge amounts or daily

I curious how to avoid them again, I have high pressure and hyper tension wonder if that is part of it, I will need to ask

Thanks for replying cause I'm in between Doctors right now, so I went to a Urgent Care that's part of the main hospital, and was into much pain to drive to the hospital and get caught in all the stop lights

So I really don't have anybody too ask, and if you call the hospital they give you general answers cause your not there patient, your doctor would be able to explain your options

I got appointment in the end of August, its the soonest I can get in, cause of my blood pressure, I get my blood work done regularly too see if the blood pressure medication is correct

Last edited by kgb424; 07-14-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The zofran is for nausea. It'll be helpful if the pain meds they gave you make you feel sick and if you don't feel nauseas it'll be easier to ingest the fluids to flush the system. Good luck!
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I have crohns disease, and consequences of that, kidney stones also. I have passed a 7mm asteroid that dropped me to my knees, literally. They are not fun. I took a silver tip hollow point round from a .45 and when the ER staff asked about my pain level, my fiancé said my response was "not as bad as kidney stones".... so that's that... Flomax is your friend. I also take Saw Palmetto daily.... and I'm only 35
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I really don't have options for medications, I take what ever the ER doctors gives me, my regular doctor would maybe adjust or change what the ER gave me, I have a years worth of scripts for my blood pressure pills and have basic Obama care

Just need to find a regular doctor, too maintain my health
Old 07-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
I really don't have options for medications, I take what ever the ER doctors gives me, my regular doctor would maybe adjust or change what the ER gave me, I have a years worth of scripts for my blood pressure pills and have basic Obama care

Just need to find a regular doctor, too maintain my health
Call the ER and ask about Flomax, its a non narcotic that helps dilate your urethra (sp?) and makes it easier to pass. The saw palmetto is an over the counter supplement you can get at any walmart, I get Spring Valley brand and its maybe 5 bucks for like 200 capsules, I take 4 daily.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Let me tell u now, i have has kidney stones for over 20 years. I pass a stone 2 to 3 three or more times a year. I dont care how much of a tough guy you think you are but they can and will make you feel pain like you can't imagine. I have learned to deal with them through the years. They will make you feel like hell in soo many ways like you have never been sick before. Before i had them i had heard about pain that is so inteanse that it will make you vomit or you pass out from pain, well now i know its true. I thought i was a tough guy, but now i know im a real though guy. From passing them on my own to lithotripsy to stints to every thing in between. They actually dont look lke stones they are mor like rough sharp crystals that get stuck and can make you bleed. Then they make your affected are that they are lodged in swell.your kidney will swell if it is blocked and it will feel like an elephant is stepping on your kidney. If it passes to your bladder your may find some short term relief but expect it to get worse when it drops into your uriter from your bladder, every pain beforethis stage will feel like a dull ache untill it passes from they bladder to the outside world. If it gets stuck bad enough they will go up iside with lithotripsy and remove or dislodge the stone. If it is big enough they will crush it and remove as mush as they can and your have to pass the rest. Now i can say I'm a real tough guy and i have experienced all the different symptoms and procedures on the planet to deal with them. If they become cronic you to will become a true tough guy as well. Keep a few of those pain pills aroud for later if it happens again so you can make it to the hospital for the good stuff. You will feel like crap when the toxins build up in your body or you get an infection. I could tell you thinks about it for hours. All in all it will teach you that you were a wimp before and on the other side of it you will tough man that came take some real pain afterwards. If you want more help pm me and we can talk.
THUNDER PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:27 AM   #10
R.I.P. Chip

I've had them more times than I can count. Had them surgically removed twice and currently waiting to have surgery again because my left kidney is full of them again. Some up to 10mm.

The pain at times is worse than anyone can imagine.

I done all the tests to see what mine are made of and what is causing them all and made tons of changes to my diet and my body still makes them. DR. said sometimes it just comes down to genetics.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:17 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Well there's something to look forward to.

Last edited by Ninomaniac; 07-14-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:46 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Scary thread.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:20 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Ive had them a hand full of times. My Dr. told me energy drinks can cause them. This was when i was drinking 2 sometimes 3 Amp energy's a day. Sure enough I stopped drinking energy drinks and haven't had any new stones since. Been like 6 years now.
Prop Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

They say it's as close to the pain of giving birth that a man can get...(insert joke here) I've NEVER heard of a man saying "Gee, we should have another kidney stone"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop Shaft View Post
Ive had them a hand full of times. My Dr. told me energy drinks can cause them. This was when i was drinking 2 sometimes 3 Amp energy's a day. Sure enough I stopped drinking energy drinks and haven't had any new stones since. Been like 6 years now.

Too much ice tea can cause them too. A buddy of mine use to drink 4 Arizona Arnold Palmer's(tea/lemonade) everyday, 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. After he got stones, his doc told him to knock it off for a while. When they didn't return, he hasn't touched the tea in 8 years.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:44 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Had one once..woke up at 5am, thought I was dying..quite literally. Never experienced anything that bad before or since, silly me, I was reading about megadoses of vitamin C..bad idea unless it's liposomal vitamin C..I will never do that again.
Drink shitloads of unsweetened Grapefruit juice, and very strong if not pure lemon juice, the acid in either will help break it down..worked in my case. I recall someone had a peach pit sized stone that disappeared after 3 weeks of this, can't remember where I heard it(might of been here)..results may vary depending on the composition of the stone/s
Of course do what your doc says.
Good luck..I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #17
RCC Addict

This is the last one I had. I only figured out I had it when it came flying out and hit the toilet. Good luck.
Attached Images

The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I've passed stones twice, and ended up in the ER both times.
I think the pain is if you could visualize passing a Velcro basketball through garden hose.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I'd have to say genetics play a huge roll in things. I drink more energy drinks and tea than anyone I know and I've yet to have stones. Now that I say that I'll get them next week...
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

I have had them several times, smallest ones about the size of a jelly bean. Only pain in my life that has been bad enough to make me puke. Pain I wish on no man.

First round sticks in my memory the most. Had 7 at one time. Ended up in ER, they were able to retrieve 2 of them, put in a stent (tube from bladder to kidney) then sent me for lithotripsy (bust them up with sound waves) a week later.

After the lithotripsy I pissed gravel for a couple weeks. The process made passing them easy, but felt like I was hit with a 2x4 in the back and first time in my life I pissed blood clots. Such an odd feeling.

Couple weeks after that they pulled the stent out in the doctors office. Another interesting experience.

Have the stones test to see what type they are. Mine were calcium based so I could adjust my diet and habits to keep them at bay.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote

I'm curious how many of us have had - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just Curious bigdodge88 Tamiya CR-01 2 02-05-2009 12:16 PM
just curious usa1man Chit Chat 0 02-01-2009 01:40 AM
Just Curious.. Nacho Missouri 6 02-23-2008 06:15 PM