RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   What is a reasonable time to wait ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/59111-what-reasonable-time-wait.html)

$maxx 02-02-2007 01:40 PM

What is a reasonable time to wait ?

I would like to ask the members of this forum , what is a resonable time to wait for a order :?:
Late in Dec , a vendor here , posted that he had beadlocks in hand , I ordered 2 sets of 4 , over $200 worth . The paypal account was charged the next day :!: Vendor has the money now .
The second or third week of Jan , an email was sent asking where were the beadlocks :?:
His answer , the order had gotten lost / misplaced , ok , that happens .
He said he would get them sent out to fill the order , sorry bout that .
Today Friday ,Feb 2 2007 , still no beadlocks :?:

So what is a resonable amount of time to wait , before , taking it to the next step :?: Everything has been nice and polite up to now , I am 62 and a patient person , but I have money paid out , and DEC , Jan , Feb now and no product is in hand :roll:
Thanks for the help .

crawler2 02-02-2007 02:07 PM

From the 3rd week in January he's had 2 weeks to get them to you (the second time around), way more than enough time to ship anywhere within the US using regular ground service. If it were me, I'd be getting pretty cranky about now. I might see what his next response is and if they have not shipped yet maybe he should pay for next day air. If they have shipped then get a tracking number. If he cannot provide a good tracking number then I would consider the merchandise unshipped in which I would ask for a refund or next day air service at his expense. There is no reason a business should drop the ball twice in a row on the same order. My doors would shut if I did my customers that way. I think he owes you the freight charge even if they have shipped. That's just my opinion.

@tw!ll 02-02-2007 02:10 PM

I would pm them again, and inquire about current status. Also a post in the vendor's thread might get some attention as well. I've had things take this long, but the vendor was very good about keeping me updated as to the progress. If the vendor you are dealing with isn't communicating with you, that could be a problem.

p.s. probably not the right section for this thread, feedback maybe?

cartronicshn 02-02-2007 03:48 PM

definetly post up on feedback, , that way others will know if they should deal with this guy,and maybe pm one of the moderatorsmaybe they can help, sorry for your misfortune and hope everything gets straightened out"thumbsup"

skellyo 02-02-2007 03:57 PM

At this point, if they're not responding to your e-mails/PM's or giving you the run around, I'd call them out on the forum. A month+ is more than enough time to fix an order for something that they said was in stock.

Reef 02-02-2007 03:59 PM

Just by hearing the story I can probably guess who the vender is.....

JRmudmanXJ 02-02-2007 04:05 PM

Who...Who....Who...who?

Acs_guitars 02-02-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefer

Me too... and I have not been around too long. :???:

trickedoutTLT06 02-02-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acs_guitars
Me too... and I have not been around too long. :???:

Me three, and I haven't been around long, either. ;-)

JeepManMarc 02-02-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefer

No kidding...

And if you do get the shipment the chances arent even necesarily good that you will get what you ordered.. I have received half of what I ordered from them before after a LONG wait. I eventually got what I wanted, but if it happened again Iwould simply take legal action. If I were you I would just forget it and go straight to small claims, its happened to countless people when dealing with htis company, enough is enough. Sure there are some that have had good luck with them, but compared to those who have gotten royally screwed the number is reletively small as far as satisfaction goes. Do us all a favor and take this to the next step, maybe they will figure out how to run a business after someone actually steps up. Its like a 2 year old kid that keeps crapping his pants, if no one ever steps up and says, hey, thats not right, thats not how you do that, he will never learn."thumbsup" Best of luck in whichever route you choose!

666 02-02-2007 08:35 PM

Technically speaking it is illegal to charge the person any money if they do not have the product in stock or can not ship it. At least that is what I have heard, I personally would be thinking about a paypal complaint before it is to late!

JeepManMarc 02-02-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666
Technically speaking it is illegal to charge the person any money if they do not have the product in stock or can not ship it. At least that is what I have heard, I personally would be thinking about a paypal complaint before it is to late!

Defenitely turn it over to paypal, from what Ive been told only one more complaint and they are done with paypal...?

smokinubyrc 02-02-2007 11:34 PM

you have to start a paypal claim in the first 30 days thats out already if the money was sent in dec.;-)

tmaxxking1 02-02-2007 11:45 PM

you have 45 days to file a complaint from the day of your payment being sent

For a non-receipt complaint filed 45 days after the transaction date, what is required for a seller to resolve a deferred dispute?

To resolve a deferred dispute within 45 calendar days of the dispute being filed, a seller needs to satisfy one of the following requirements :

Provide a refund to the buyer for the full amount of the disputed transaction.
Provide proof of a previously issued refund to the buyer for the full amount of the disputed transaction
Work with the buyer to cancel the deferred dispute
Note: This criteria also applies to resolving a deferred dispute for a not as described dispute on a non-eBay item filed more than 45 days after the transaction date.

If the seller does not attempt to resolve the deferred dispute within the specified time period, PayPal will process the buyer's refund, and access to the seller's PayPal account will remain limited.

todd1803 02-03-2007 01:18 AM

Anything more than 7 - 10 days is too long for domestic shipping, in my opinion. They lost your order, fine. Make it right by refunding 20% of cost and overnighting the product.

If I was guessing in the vendor, I'm going to say it's the one with no process to double check packing list's on shipped orders, cause everybody gets the wrong stuff, or stuff that don't fit right gets mass-distributed. And the prices are through the roof. Now one has to ask themselves, how much lower could prices be if the business was run properly, and so much $$$ wasn't getting wasted on fixing what they got screwed up. What I don't understand is why people keep buying from them???

Brainstain 02-03-2007 01:30 AM

If it's who i think it is, I waited 3 months for the correct set of 4 knuckles for a TXT. I got 2 old style knuckles that were half untapped, so after I told them i only recieved half of my order and jacked with them/him for 3 months I get an email stating that it's on it's way and please send the old pair back. I said FUKC you! I kept all 6 for the hassle. And by the way, Erickson beadlocks are the only way to go. Gerame is the shiznit.

$maxx 02-03-2007 05:50 AM

This is worrying me that so many seem to know who the vendor is ..........I am still waiting for an answer before I report him . Thanks to all for the info .

Scattman 02-03-2007 07:21 AM

Its a shame too. He keeps coming out with all these great new products but can't get a handle on his shipping. Looks as if he should stop spending so much time with the R and D and spend a little more time on his shipping and customer service. They are missing out on hundreds from me but there is no way in hell I would send him my money with his track record.

I mean, how hard can it be to check to make sure you are shipping what the customer ordered. And it happens constantly. What a joke. Nobody mentions his name but everyone knows who you are talking about? Not good.

And I wouldn't wait too long on an answer. You have waited too long as it is.

Manwhalo 02-03-2007 07:56 AM

Come on! Let's help this person. If this was pirate4x4, we would have the henchmen at this vendors house by now.:twisted:
Someone please let me know who this vendor is so I don't have to deal with the same kind of crap.

Brainstain 02-03-2007 09:29 AM

I would love to have an R2 tranny and some aluminum beadlocks but I'm never gonna order from that place again."thumbsup" :evil: