Thread: RCC's slow demise?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2017, 10:11 AM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RCC's slow demise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correll View Post
I don't do facebook.

The way you talk about it makes me consider it tho. You are a Facebox salesman. All I wanna Know is, will you be my facebook friend if I join???

I know how you spud-heads get....you should cruze over here to Sheep fawker land where the cool kids are.
Did I not say that I was going to offend someone, looks like I found my target audience. You'll have to show me how you 'friend' someone, you seem to know a lot about it for someone that isn't on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
What about your daily selfy?
Oh hells no... I am a lot of things, but pretty enough to post selfies I am not...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #122
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Did I not say that I was going to offend someone, looks like I found my target audience. You'll have to show me how you 'friend' someone, you seem to know a lot about it for someone that isn't on it.
Well, when I create a Facebook, and you see a friend request from Some person in Montana you don't know...you'll just click accept.

Your real name is Randy Weaver Jr, Right? You live near Naples Idaho in a Cabin?

You didn't offend me bud it's ok.
Correll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Ok here i go, it seems this thread was originally intended for the few interested in trying to keep this place open( not saying it's closing up anytime soon) , and we have seen some valid points, but the main one i feel is the owners lack of interest in said fórum as a bussines or hobby in general for them anymore, i hope they read this and prove me wrong and try to get this fórum back to it's original intention, which is (to me) the best place in the world to come and learn about rc and building rc, interact with a group of people who know rc and are willing to teach newcomers .....
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I would say you are doing it about as correctly as you can. Set up properly, your news feed actually has the potential to be quite catered to your interests.

My advice, try not to get found by every tom,dick and Mary from your past...

I'm as hidden as I can be. I only accept friend requests from people in rc and they go through a vetting process before I accept. I've turned down all of the friend requests from family and friends that don't rc too.

As much as I dislike it I've made huge strides in getting some new parts to market and doing more prototyping and destructive testing directly through bookface.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #125
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I'm as hidden as I can be. I only accept friend requests from people in rc and they go through a vetting process before I accept. I've turned down all of the friend requests from family and friends that don't rc too.

As much as I dislike it I've made huge strides in getting some new parts to market and doing more prototyping and destructive testing directly through bookface.

Good call imo. From my experience, those not into the RC thing don’t get it.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #126
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

What's odd is my immediate family is 100% gearheads so they're intrigued and oddly supportive of it. I guess they figure the odds of the ol' lady & I rolling down a mountainside are lower now that I don't have a 1:1 wheeler
Old 12-14-2017, 11:24 AM   #127
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Agreed. So how do you get a full-grown adult interested, short of just handing them a transmitter? That's often not possible if, say, you'd like to get a co-worker hooked but you naturally only see them at work.

"Hey there John, put down your work for a minute, I'd like to talk to you about the joys of toy trucks."

This is a little off topic but not totally. Every new person to come into the hobby could easily end up on RCC.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #128
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
What's odd is my immediate family is 100% gearheads so they're intrigued and oddly supportive of it. I guess they figure the odds of the ol' lady & I rolling down a mountainside are lower now that I don't have a 1:1 wheeler
Nice. I imagine it feels good to know you are cared for
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
Agreed. So how do you get a full-grown adult interested, short of just handing them a transmitter? That's often not possible if, say, you'd like to get a co-worker hooked but you naturally only see them at work.

"Hey there John, put down your work for a minute, I'd like to talk to you about the joys of toy trucks."

This is a little off topic but not totally. Every new person to come into the hobby could easily end up on RCC.
It’s true. I had a couple of buddies Drinking beer in my back yard this past summer. We Happened to be sitting next to a pile of rocks I had put down, so I stuck a transmitter in my buddies hand bet him 5 bucks he couldn’t get the Slickrock to the top of the pile...

...of course he failed, but damned if he didn’t have a great time trying. I think he put a good half hour in to make it happen.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #129
RCC Addict

Most forums I'm on seem to be slowing down quite a bit. I think Facebook has a big part in it because its quicker and easier than posting in a forum. I prefer the forum layout myself, but PhotoBucket has screwed up a ton of useful posts.

I usually renew the star because of the giveaways. Not sure if I will this year.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:22 PM   #130
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Face it, forums in general are dying out. You have to have a little bit of a brain to navigate around a forum, find stuff and post stuff. FB is, for the most part, brainless. It also condenses a lot of different things into one area, eliminating the need for multiple log-ins on multiple sites. Again, for forum style builds and posts, it sucks.

I am going to offend some people here, brace yourselves...

For those that say, "I don't do Facebook", you are either an idiot, or you are a liar. FB is a resource, a tool, just like any other site, something to use to glean information. For me, I go on, look at what is happening on the RC Construction page, RC4WD TF2 page, the TRX4 page, and to see what is going on with the local RC clubs and if there are any get-togethers happening, and where. I see what my family is up to, reaffirming my decision to not live near them, send some stupid shit to a couple friends, then I am off; there was 15 minutes of my day.
I don't think anyone is saying FB doesnt have its place...Hell, I use it all the time for RC crap. I run my "Mikes RC World" there and on IG and I visit the Clod buster page, old school rc, and vintage tamiya pages as there really aren't any great forums for those avenues.

The goal here is to get traffic back here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerstandtx View Post
The ATM comment wins for the week...

As a member for quite a few years it does sadden me to see this falling off. It's like a slow wreck that I can't help to stop. With the huge interest in scale stuff, there is no reason this site can't be a powerhouse. Hopefully something turns. Maybe wheelchair can take over? ahhaha
Honestly I dont know what disappoints me more, the fact that RCC is slow or the fact that only one person actually picked up on that.

I miss the old RCC

And this place should be jamming with all the large company support now a days
1BadJeepBruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #131
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post

Honestly I dont know what disappoints me more, the fact that RCC is slow or the fact that only one person actually picked up on that.

I miss the old RCC

And this place should be jamming with all the large company support now a days
I caught the ATM line, not much to say about it. Your assumption of non-wifey material was right.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #132
RCC Addict

I laughed at it. Started to ask for her number lol
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

You can't make a ho a housewife but in reality who the fawk wants a housewife anyway?
Old 12-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #134
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correll View Post
I caught the ATM line, not much to say about it. Your assumption of non-wifey material was right.
No doubt, its just that in the old RCC days the thread would have derailed and there woulda been epic memes and a lot of laughs...Now everyone read it and just thinks 1Baddollhousetruckbuilder is definitely an asshole
Old 12-14-2017, 01:47 PM   #135
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I laughed at it. Started to ask for her number lol
When she gave back the ring I got the "its me, not you" speech (because she was cheating) followed up with "ill never love anyone enough to marry them"...ironically enough not even 11 months later she is married

Poor sucker...if he only knew the things that occurred on "Mike night"

Quote:
You can't make a ho a housewife but in reality who the fawk wants a housewife anyway?
True story
Old 12-14-2017, 01:48 PM   #136
MODERATOR™

ATM means automatic teller machine in the normal world. At a bank. What are you kids referring to?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #137
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
ATM means automatic teller machine in the normal world. At a bank. What are you kids referring to?
Cant tell if your fawkin with me or serious
Old 12-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Ass to mouth
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #139
MODERATOR™

I can google. Even the urban dictionary says, at the moment.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:51 PM   #140
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Truth. Its a dual income world IMO. Otherwise be single.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
No doubt, its just that in the old RCC days the thread would have derailed and there woulda been epic memes and a lot of laughs...Now everyone read it and just thinks 1Baddollhousetruckbuilder is definitely an asshole
And don't even think about hitting the like button on my post this time

Start your own movement. #1BadJeepBRuiserhatesthelikebuttondon'tfawkinevent hinkaboutusingitonRCC

Last edited by Correll; 12-14-2017 at 01:53 PM.

RCC's slow demise? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to understand bunt motor s demise.. 04zrx Electronics 5 03-31-2013 06:11 AM
RCC's coverage and photos badger Competitions 61 07-02-2008 09:50 AM
RCC's pictures from Montana. badger Competitions 36 06-03-2008 05:13 PM