Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Photobucket Embedded Image Fix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #21

Default Re: Photobucket Embedded Image Fix

Does anyone have a sensible answer for me please. Currently I only use and iPad and iPhone for my interweb needs. Any idea what I can do to take advantage of this fix!
Gavinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2018, 05:21 AM   #22
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinda View Post
Does anyone have a sensible answer for me please. Currently I only use and iPad and iPhone for my interweb needs. Any idea what I can do to take advantage of this fix!
Try Chrome or Opera instead of Apples Safari browser?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:00 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinda View Post
IOS (Mac operating system) does not allow non-integrated web browsers (everything but Safari) to use extensions/plug-ins/add-ons, and there is no PhotoSuckit fix for Safari. I guess they figure if someone can afford a Mac then they can afford to pay PhotoSuckit. :(
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:17 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
IOS (Mac operating system) does not allow non-integrated web browsers (everything but Safari) to use extensions/plug-ins/add-ons, and there is no PhotoSuckit fix for Safari. I guess they figure if someone can afford a Mac then they can afford to pay PhotoSuckit. :(
You said this wrong on the SBG too. MacOS and iOS are two totally different things.

If you're on a traditional desktop or laptop Mac running the regular MacOS, you can run Chrome and install the extension.

If you're on an iOS device, you're out of luck as far as I know.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #25

I’m ios only. Oh well , thanks for the answers anyway guys.
Gavinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:34 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
You said this wrong on the SBG too. MacOS and iOS are two totally different things.

If you're on a traditional desktop or laptop Mac running the regular MacOS, you can run Chrome and install the extension.

If you're on an iOS device, you're out of luck as far as I know.
Correct. Sorry for the confusion. Mac laptops and desktop computers can run Chrome and the PhotoSuckit fix add-on. IPads, iPhones, and other Apple iProducts cannot view PhotoSuckit pics without paying PhotoSuckit the big bucks every year.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

So, this patch has been working great in regards to old build threads having pics again. I'm trying to figure out if there's a quicker way to save all of the pics in a thread. The only way that I've figured out so far is to copy each image, paste it in MS Paint, then save it to a folder destination on my work station.

I just went through one of my build threads for the ornage 1/6th Jerp, 106 images to re-save ! I got them all, but there's other threads that I want to save the images from as I don't have any copies of the pics anywhere else.

Can anyone that is PC savvy suggest a way to speed up my process? I initially tried to right click and use 'save image' but no image gets saved, which lead me to the long work around that I described.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
So, this patch has been working great in regards to old build threads having pics again. I'm trying to figure out if there's a quicker way to save all of the pics in a thread. The only way that I've figured out so far is to copy each image, paste it in MS Paint, then save it to a folder destination on my work station.

I just went through one of my build threads for the ornage 1/6th Jerp, 106 images to re-save ! I got them all, but there's other threads that I want to save the images from as I don't have any copies of the pics anywhere else.

Can anyone that is PC savvy suggest a way to speed up my process? I initially tried to right click and use 'save image' but no image gets saved, which lead me to the long work around that I described.
If you right-click on the image on Rccrawler.com (in a browser with the PhotoSuckit Image Fix extension) and choose SAVE, does that work? I just tried it in Firefox and it worked fine, but i am on my phone.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:36 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

This plugin works great with Chrome and brings back tons of infos from old threads on forums! There were so many dead ends, when you wanted to research. Too bad, I personally was soo mad back then, that I deleted all my photos in my photobucket account... so my thread is still without pics. Need to spend a weekend and upload them again!
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:07 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Holy Crap I can see peoples images again!!!

Whoever stuck this up, THANK YOU!!!
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:02 PM   #31

I tried the fix, and it's still not working. So, when you click the add to desktop, nothing happens. Is that normal?
big-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:41 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

THANK YOU THIS IS AMAZING..... seriously i am seeing things and I didnt even ingest any chemicals
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Dang I just got a pop up on Firefox saying that they are blocking one of these add ons (I believe its the photobucket hotlink fix) I forgot the wording but its not for security reasons, pretty lame.
I did just get this notice today but it listed a date or 5/18 so this may have been like this a while.
Maybe I need to switch back to Chrome which I stopped using because of periodic crashes.

EDIT: after a quick search of Firefox add ons I see there are still 2 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er/?src=search https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ix/?src=search

so hopefully those work too

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 09-05-2018 at 04:29 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

Photobucket Embedded Image Fix - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vimeo Embedded DavidH Testing 1 2 3 4 07-19-2017 10:43 AM
HD 3D Printing with CF, FG, Embedded HW MountainStorm Chit Chat 1 01-13-2015 05:47 AM
embedded video? slobin3d Comments, Suggestions, and Help 1 04-12-2008 05:30 PM