Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: the WTH thread is back!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2018, 06:43 AM   #281
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

I want to see the full video of what sent him into the tank slapper.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #282
Pebble Pounder

Minor "wth!?!"

I see this outside my office window every day:

(Presumably) adult drivers that can't seem to figure out the concept of angled parking spaces.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #283
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I want to see the full video of what sent him into the tank slpper.
No need. It was just the side draft from the car upsetting the Yamahoppers suspension over 55mph.

In all seriousness that is one lucky dude, He was cool about the crash and big for the motorists helping. He is probably glad he at least wore tan pants but kicking himself for not wearing brown if you get me. Also probably glad he didn't loose his wallet. Winning lottery ticket time.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
Minor "wth!?!"

(Presumably) adult drivers that can't seem to figure out the concept of angled parking spaces.
I see this every day at work. We have angled parking and two of the rows face each other. People are over the lines every which way. It's laughable and scary because these people are driving towards you on roads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
No need. It was just the side draft from the car upsetting the Yamahoppers suspension over 55mph.
I've never ridden a motorcycle so unstable that a draft is going to cause a tank slapper and I doubt that's what happened here.

Usually the front wheel leaves the ground and tank slappers start when the front wheel touches back down and it's not tracing straight with the rear tire.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:33 AM   #285
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I see this every day at work. We have angled parking and two of the rows face each other. People are over the lines every which way. It's laughable and scary because these people are driving towards you on roads...
It's even more comical/sad when it snows and they can't see the lines.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #286
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I want to see the full video of what sent him into the tank slapper.
From the rider,
How did I get the wobbles? NO I DIDN'T WHEELIE. I was merging onto the freeway, checking traffic while I ventured over to the carpool lane. When I got next to the carpool lane, I check if it was clear again, then merged in while quickly accelerating in first gear. When I got up to enough speed to pass traffic (Traffic was doing 75-80 MPH) I changed into second gear (where the clip starts). First mistake I made was having my weight WAY too far back on the bike while accelerating, that mixed with the extremely bumpy freeway and the acceleration of the bike caused the front wheel to go extremely light. Thus causing the violent speed wobbles.
59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #287
Quarry Creeper

Yep, I've also never ridden a bike that was so shit that it went into a tank slapper from a passing vehicle. Think about that for a second....that's a huge liability and a lawsuit waiting to happen in this day and time. Luckily he was OK, and learned from his mistake on what he did wrong. The only time I ever had anything close was front end chatter when riding hard, and it was always shitty tires that caused it, only happened twice in 23,000 miles and about 20 sets of tires. And I never ran either of those tires ever again.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #288
Quarry Creeper

I have full respect for Cops, but these guys look like a bunch of Keystone cops. Surprised one of the cops didn't shoot another cop when falling.
Plus shooting 65 rounds in 15 secs and supposedly not hitting the suspect.

San Francisco cops fire 65 shots in 15 seconds at murder suspect in dramatic video | Fox News

Old 03-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59sled View Post
From the rider,
How did I get the wobbles? NO I DIDN'T WHEELIE. I was merging onto the freeway, checking traffic while I ventured over to the carpool lane. When I got next to the carpool lane, I check if it was clear again, then merged in while quickly accelerating in first gear. When I got up to enough speed to pass traffic (Traffic was doing 75-80 MPH) I changed into second gear (where the clip starts). First mistake I made was having my weight WAY too far back on the bike while accelerating, that mixed with the extremely bumpy freeway and the acceleration of the bike caused the front wheel to go extremely light. Thus causing the violent speed wobbles.
That explains it. The front wheel got light from accelerating and maybe even got a little bit of air from the combination of acceleration and bumps. It sometimes doesn't much when there's a perfect storm. But it certainly takes more than a draft.

This guy was so lucky. Instances like this are why I say I believe in desinty/fate. Some people die from hitting their head in a simple fall. In that case it was their time to go. In this case the guy was literally inches away from being crushed. It simply wasn't his time to go.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #290
I wanna be Dave

Sorry guys. Should have put a little more effort into my draft comment as sarcasm about Yamahas bubblegum suspension. Guessing it is a Yamaha MT07 or 09 but could be wrong.

Yes, I know all to much what tank slapped, speed wobble, flying W's are etc. one of the reasons I bought a CanAm Spyder. Other than cattle guards it could care less about pot holes, pieces of wood, the occasional emergency maneuver, street markers and so on.

Just glad the guy is safe and definitely a vid you save on your PC to replay when somebody says I got luck today and almost died. Oh yeah check this out and tell me how lucky you really were.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #291
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59sled View Post
I have full respect for Cops, but these guys look like a bunch of Keystone cops. Surprised one of the cops didn't shoot another cop when falling.
Plus shooting 65 rounds in 15 secs and supposedly not hitting the suspect.
Good job guys. Tax payer Training paid off by the sound of it. Adrenaline changes everything, trained or not.

There are no gun stores in SF cause bad people could buy a gun and do harm. Safer city and all that. So, why do all the police have guns? Oh wait people will always have guns whether good or bad.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #292
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Adrenaline changes everything, trained or not.
This is true. I've never been shot at and I'm sure if I was, I would be a bumbling fool too.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:59 PM   #293
I wanna be Dave

BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #294
Rock Crawler

Holy crap! That much for a challenger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThatJeeper2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:20 PM   #295
I wanna be Dave

I thought the factory said if they mark up they won't get anymore!
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:06 PM   #296
Rock Crawler

Quote:

In all seriousness that is one lucky dude, He was cool about the crash and big for the motorists helping. He is probably glad he at least wore tan pants but kicking himself for not wearing brown if you get me. Also probably glad he didn't loose his wallet. Winning lottery ticket time.
I wonder if he will invest in some proper riding gear and boots.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:26 AM   #297
Rock Crawler

4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #298
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
Minor "wth!?!"

We don't have marked parking at work, but it's not too hard to figure out where to do it (look for the other cars). Clearly it's too difficult for some because they'll just pull up and park in the middle of the drive and block traffic while they go off and do their business.

We do have a couple of "no parking" signs though. People love parking in front of those...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #299
I wanna be Dave

Tell the stealership that you want 100% adjusted market value for your trade in !
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #300
Rock Crawler

Airline laundry service.

4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM