STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #462
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
This guy is dumb to lean double seat.

Spoken like someone who's never had a SO/girlfriend that loved to ride. I had an ex (who turned out to be batshit crazy), but she loved to gear up and go ride. And my limits with her on the back were lower than her own. She'd often poke me in the ribs and yell FASTER! Once the passenger gets a feel for things, and learns they can actually lean with you on their own with out without hanging onto you (they have grab handles, you have handlebars), it's a great way to spend time together, and a lot of fun. Nobody that ever got on the back of mine did so without a short lecture on what not to do, buying the proper gear, and a full understanding of the risks. There's plenty of shots every year from Deals Gap of couples both dragging a knee together, and if you talk to them, they both love it, because they're both adrenaline junkies.

What bit this guy, was the passenger was leaning away from the corner and fighting the natural physics that need to happen to make the corner. If you ever spend much time riding two up, you can feel this instantly, and he should have felt it in the corner before.

Last edited by hpiguy; 05-07-2018 at 12:21 PM.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #463
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Spoken like someone who's never had a SO/girlfriend that loved to ride. I had an ex (who turned out to be batshit crazy), but she loved to gear up and go ride. And my limits with her on the back were lower than her own. She'd often poke me in the ribs and yell FASTER! Once the passenger gets a feel for things, and learns they can actually lean with you on their own with out without hanging onto you (they have grab handles, you have handlebars), it's a great way to spend time together, and a lot of fun. Nobody that ever got on the back of mine did so without a short lecture on what not to do, buying the proper gear, and a full understanding of the risks. There's plenty of shots every year from Deals Gap of couples both dragging a knee together, and if you talk to them, they both love it, because they're both adrenaline junkies.

What bit this guy, was the passenger was leaning away from the corner and fighting the natural physics that need to happen to make the corner. If you ever spend much time riding two up, you can feel this instantly, and he should have felt it in the corner before.
The pillion CG on sport bikes is too high. I am a 6ft tall guy and if I sit pillion on a sports bike my feet barely touch the ground. Higher CG makes it hard for the pillion rider to lean as effectively as the rider.

Maybe over time it gets easy, but risk increases considerably with a pillion.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #464

So apparently the NHL had to tell Brad Marchand to stop licking opponents! Yes, he literally licks them in the face. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #465
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
The pillion CG on sport bikes is too high. I am a 6ft tall guy and if I sit pillion on a sports bike my feet barely touch the ground. Higher CG makes it hard for the pillion rider to lean as effectively as the rider.

Maybe over time it gets easy, but risk increases considerably with a pillion.
The height of the pillion pad, or passenger seat as they're referred to here, has nothing to do with it. The passenger isn't supposed to be able to touch the ground, as they're not in charge of shit, the rider is in charge of everything. And the rider should be able to support the weight of bike, and passenger. Passengers randomly putting their feet down when you aren't aware of it is a good way to get somebody hurt.

The other thing going on in this vid that I didn't go to YT to confirm, but this looks like some of Rnickymouse's footage from Mullholland out in CA. They have the same problem we do out here. As soon as you put photographers in key corners on the road, every new rider on the planet will grab a fist full of throttle to ham it up for a Farcebook worthy shot when they see that camera. It never fails, happens at Deals Gap all the time.

And, speaking of Deal's gap, two up and on a Busa I might add...

hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #466
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Before everyone craps all over that guy's build, he's just a kid (19!), and when I talked to him he was fully aware of what he had built and its limitations.

He really was a nice, intelligent and well-spoken young man. I had my Ascender with me and he asked me all sorts of questions about it, we had a great little chat!

I looked up the shop he works at (he built it himself!) and found this intense news story about it:

Teen's death inspires a garage haven for young people - KXAN

I'd only question the road worthiness of it, aesthetics I could care less. Nothing wrong with creativity, and the RK bumper sticker wasn't meant to be negative ( if it was taken that way ) Those guys are proud of some of the hoopties that they cobble together. I've owned plenty of ugly/retched looking vehicles.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #467
I wanna be Dave

I withdraw my previous "crap" & "nutcase" statements

It's a good thing that they're able to go somewhere to learn, and hang around with their friends, My friends and I use to hang out in repair shops too...lots to learn.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #468
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
I withdraw my previous "crap" & "nutcase" statements

It's a good thing that they're able to go somewhere to learn, and hang around with their friends, My friends and I use to hang out in repair shops too...lots to learn.
He was pretty comfortable with the certifiable nutcase comment, but as I looked the thing over I figured he's also got to be a genius, considering it holds together well enough for him to use as his daily driver!

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #469
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
So apparently the NHL had to tell Brad Marchand to stop licking opponents! Yes, he literally licks them in the face. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

Be a good way to get them "off balance" or "unsettled", so to speak, not so much a WTF?! as it is a Mind Fu........brilliant if you ask me
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #470
Quarry Creeper

Excessive surge in adrenaline after a chase...

wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #471
Come and take them!®

^Been there, done that. 5 days in chemical induced coma @ Georgetown University Hospital. Was not good. I think I'm better now.
What was I talking about?
Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #472
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Be a good way to get them "off balance" or "unsettled", so to speak, not so much a WTF?! as it is a Mind Fu........brilliant if you ask me
Brad Marchand is one of those player you absolutely hate unless he is on the team you root for. Having said that, even as a Bruins fan, his act does wear thin sometimes and he does have a propensity for taking dumb penalties. Typically, he is doing the "agitator" thing, trying to goad an opposing player into getting caught retaliating.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #473
Quarry Creeper

59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #474
Quarry Creeper

https://www.ebay.com/i/263225640510?chn=ps
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:38 PM   #475
Quarry Creeper

Wow I shouldn't have sold mine so cheap I do miss them though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
mikro383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:36 PM   #476
I wanna be Dave

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-D...ox!60185!US!-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-D....c100005.m1851

Somebody is hunting for suckers...............
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #477
I wanna be Dave

I used to have one of these in turquoise, what a bargain - these are an old Mazda 121, made by Kia and sold as a Ford...

63 screaming horses, 12" wheels, 145mm skinny tires and the cheapest 4cyl car you could buy in this country when I got mine (new!)

What a BARGAIN!

Get yourself a Taurus SHO V-6 motor and jam it amidship and end up with Jay Leno's SHOgun car....

Anyone that's planning on getting the new Vanquish kit could get ALL of these for a penny more:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...s5W?li=BBnbfcL

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:59 PM   #478
~THE SCALE SHOP~

4 cylinders? thats the big motor.

didnt the Geo Metros come with a 3 cylinder?

edit. Wiki says it was a 1L 3 cylinder. 48-82 HP.
and early Carbed versions were HEMIs (hemispherical head)

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 05-21-2018 at 03:04 PM.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:48 PM   #479
I wanna be Dave

Weren't those the Fiesta's? I remember a few guys on base buying them as a first family car because they were cheap ( to purchase ).
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:01 PM   #480
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Weren't those the Fiesta's? I remember a few guys on base buying them as a first family car because they were cheap ( to purchase ).
Correct. Between those my rich friends had, my 85' Suzuki Swift i had for college and a 65 Bug they sure teach you about momentum, drafting, how to e-brake and not GAF about breaking it.

Got to ride in a Suzuki Swift Turbo that embarrassed a lot of "Fast" cars of the time. So much fun trying to make a slow car fast then a fast car slow.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM