LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #81

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Woman returns dead Christmas tree on January 4th
and gets her money back!
http://fortune.com/2018/01/11/woman-...hristmas-tree/

If you don’t need your Christmas tree after Dec. 25, you might be able to get a full refund.

A woman in Santa Clara, California was spotted returning a Christmas tree to Costco on Jan. 4. She returned the tree “because it [was] dead,” a shopper waiting in line behind her said according to The Sun, and got her money back.

“I can’t make this stuff up,” Scott Bentley, who took a photo in the refund line, wrote on Facebook.

Costco gave the woman her refund after questioning her, verifying the purchase on her Costco account and shaming her “to a small degree,” the other shopper said.

The refund attempt riled up people online who couldn’t believe someone would try to return their Christmas tree well into the new year.

“People like this are miserable. Seriously, how cheap can you be?” one commenter said.

But Costco — like Nordstrom and REI — is famous for its lenient return policy. The store will take back almost anything at nearly any time.

“Sister works for Costco, can confirm. People do this all the time. They will even demand a refund without bringing back the tree,” one commenter said.

On one Reddit thread, Costco employees recounted the weirdest returns they’d seen. Dead plants, old mattresses, empty wine bottles and personal photos have all been exchanged for refunds.
Crackheads returning dead Christmas trees for $30. If I ever get to the point just shoot me. I'd be absolutely mortified to do something this low.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Crackheads returning dead Christmas trees for $30. If I ever get to the point just shoot me. I'd be absolutely mortified to do something this low.
Why is COSTCO so silly?
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:02 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Believe me, it's not just crackheads that pull that shite, used to work the service desk.at a Toys R Us, at one point they were taking back stuff from other stores that we also carried as well as returned toy grade R/Cs for being too slow and slot car sets because cars "wouldn't stay on the track"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
Why is COSTCO so silly?
It's now considered "good customer service" to return pretty much anything that comes in the door, if it was bought there or not. Pissed me off to no end when we did that at Toys R Us.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:40 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
were gonna need more info on that
I found a tiny image of the page stuck in my brain forever.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
When we were looking at houses, I told my wife absolutely no HOAs. I don't want some association loser knocking on my door because I got lazy and didn't cut my grass that week. I've even read about some HOAs getting bent out of shape about grilling, smokers and fire pits. Nothing like paying an extra $300-500 a month so you can have someone tell you how you can use your yard.
Just recently, the HOA sent my landlord a fine because our trash cans were ON our back deck. Apparently it's against the rules to have your trashcan there, it HAS to be on the mandatory stone slab next to the gate. I can't make this up.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:39 AM   #86
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Believe me, it's not just crackheads that pull that shite, used to work the service desk.at a Toys R Us, at one point they were taking back stuff from other stores that we also carried as well as returned toy grade R/Cs for being too slow and slot car sets because cars "wouldn't stay on the track"

It's now considered "good customer service" to return pretty much anything that comes in the door, if it was bought there or not. Pissed me off to no end when we did that at Toys R Us.
This is what drives me nuts about "the customer is always right." In the last 20-30 years, people are willing to push that maxim to new levels of absurdity. I'm surprised people haven't tried to walk out of a store without paying and saying "But... I'm the customer and I'm always right!"
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #87
DVS
Pebble Pounder

What is wrong with kids.

DVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
This goes way past WTH!

I refuse to live anywhere with a Home Owner's Association. I feel sorry for anybody that has to deal with them. They are a joke and, while I'm not sure of their legal power, they surely overextend their reach quite often. This is just one case. I don't care what I'm threatened with I am not keeping my garage door open.

Homeowner's Association Enacts Insane Policy Forcing Residents to Keep Garage Doors Open

Homeowner's Association Enacts Insane Policy Forcing Residents to Keep Garage Doors Open - The Drive
I went to high school right next to that development back in the early 90's. It's all 4-plexes that were/are full of welfare and druggies. from what i've heard, they tried to sell off the units as "condos" to clean it up and form the HOA to keep it that way. the problem is that there are still dirtbags there, and some of them have been letting people live in the garages. Instead of actually doing something about it, apparently the HOA decided to come up with this stupid rule
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #89
Rock Stacker

Why is the donkey's ass bleeding? Wth Wal-Mart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
EZCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:25 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Has to be Wal-Mart.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:57 AM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMark View Post
Has to be Wal-Mart.
Well that just ruined my breakfast...
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:23 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
Well that just ruined my breakfast...
Yeah, I'm barely awake and didn't need to see that
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:31 AM   #93
Pebble Pounder

You have to wonder how many of those types of pics are photoshop jobs, but they still have the desired effect.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #94
RCC Addict

Another example of "can't make this stuff up"...

TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — A man was shot at after he said he flipped off another driver on the highway in Travis County, deputies say. Meanwhile, that suspect driver told them he believed he was allowed to fire a “warning shot.”

The victim was driving east on Farm to Market Road 2244 (Bee Caves Road) just before 5 p.m. on Jan. 4 when he got into the left hand turn lane onto Capital of Texas Highway, according to an arrest affidavit. A red car driving next to him turned left in front of him and almost hit him, so the victim “gave the driver the ‘finger’ and sped away onto the on-ramp.”
The other car followed on his right side, and then the victim saw the driver — who deputies later identified as 35-year-old Ernesto Molinary-Garcia — pull out a gun, according to the affidavit. The victim “heard a pop sound and felt something hit his vehicle as he ducked. He quickly drove away, stating he felt fear for his life.” He called 911 as the other car followed him, but managed to pull off into a shopping area.

Deputies followed the suspect car and saw one of the occupants throw marijuana out the window. They eventually pulled the car over and questioned the three people inside. Molinary-Garcia told officials he had two handguns in the car, and they searched it to find both. He admitted to shooting his .40 caliber Glock 23 in the direction of the other car, according to the affidavit.

“Ernesto [Molinary-Garcia] stated that he did so because he was under the belief that he was allowed, as a Licensed Handgun Carrier, to shoot a ‘warning shot,'” the affidavit stated. “Ernesto claimed that [the victim] was purposefully merging into his lane while on the on-ramp after the near-collision incident.”

Molinary-Garcia faces a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, which is a second-degree felony. Records show he bonded out of jail. Bond was set at $60,000.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Has to be Wal-Mart.
Amoeba
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Another example of "can't make this stuff up"...

TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — A man was shot at after he said he flipped off another driver on the highway in Travis County, deputies say. Meanwhile, that suspect driver told them he believed he was allowed to fire a “warning shot.”

The victim was driving east on Farm to Market Road 2244 (Bee Caves Road) just before 5 p.m. on Jan. 4 when he got into the left hand turn lane onto Capital of Texas Highway, according to an arrest affidavit. A red car driving next to him turned left in front of him and almost hit him, so the victim “gave the driver the ‘finger’ and sped away onto the on-ramp.”
The other car followed on his right side, and then the victim saw the driver — who deputies later identified as 35-year-old Ernesto Molinary-Garcia — pull out a gun, according to the affidavit. The victim “heard a pop sound and felt something hit his vehicle as he ducked. He quickly drove away, stating he felt fear for his life.” He called 911 as the other car followed him, but managed to pull off into a shopping area.

Deputies followed the suspect car and saw one of the occupants throw marijuana out the window. They eventually pulled the car over and questioned the three people inside. Molinary-Garcia told officials he had two handguns in the car, and they searched it to find both. He admitted to shooting his .40 caliber Glock 23 in the direction of the other car, according to the affidavit.

“Ernesto [Molinary-Garcia] stated that he did so because he was under the belief that he was allowed, as a Licensed Handgun Carrier, to shoot a ‘warning shot,'” the affidavit stated. “Ernesto claimed that [the victim] was purposefully merging into his lane while on the on-ramp after the near-collision incident.”

Molinary-Garcia faces a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, which is a second-degree felony. Records show he bonded out of jail. Bond was set at $60,000.
Ah, Home Sweet Home.....

(I was once going to try and start up a T-Shirt and bumper sticker line that said " We're from Texas and we're not bound by your petty laws" - Completely tongue-in-cheek, of course - this state drives me nuts)
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:58 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
What is wrong with kids.
Darwin at it's best. Have fun kiddos.

So, lets make a MFG change there entire formula to basically clear liquid because you are a dumbass parent who can't put the Laundry detergent on a top shelf out of reach of your offspring or in a locked cupboard. I bet they have child locks on the knife drawer or the under sink though. Yes it looks like candy so be smarter than the person who doesn't know better or the older person who can't remember to know better. F-in people irritate me sometimes.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Has to be Wal-Mart.
Oh man do i hate you (Not literally) for posting this. Makes you wonder how in the F does this happen. Life is so busy and your IQ so small you don't ever walk past a mirror, do a double take and go WTF that doesn't seem or look right, i think i'll do something about that.

Please Please Please don't breed
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Oh man do i hate you (Not literally) for posting this. Makes you wonder how in the F does this happen. Life is so busy and your IQ so small you don't ever walk past a mirror, do a double take and go WTF that doesn't seem or look right, i think i'll do something about that.

Please Please Please don't breed
In her head she probably thinks she looks hot.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:07 AM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Ah, Home Sweet Home.....

(I was once going to try and start up a T-Shirt and bumper sticker line that said " We're from Texas and we're not bound by your petty laws" - Completely tongue-in-cheek, of course - this state drives me nuts)
Ha! I used to do graphic design when managing a print shop and that would've been a great t-shirt! Living in Texas most my life, I've witnessed a great deal of craziness but even to this day I'll see or hear about something that leaves me speechless. Living on Galveston Island for over a decade didn't help any lol. Yea man, same here... gave up my sanity long ago!

EDIT> Hope some people move this page along quickly... 4x I've had to look at that mess!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM