Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: the WTH thread is back!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #1001
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

^^ Hpi that is a downright shame that all this is happening. Such and easy fix that my 5yo niece has more common sense than a "Professional" Mechanic. Sucks so bad that nowadays your basically F-d and have to waste so much time and money for Fawking idiots.

Get a rag and burn it in the P-lot. This MFer just burst into flames all on it's own.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #1002
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
like i said before, those C5s are getting reeeeeally affordable these days
I'd love one. But I'd destroy it in no time with my job and the places I have to take my car. I wish I had dash cams for some of the cell tower sites I've climbed with water running down the red clay ruts for tire tracks going up. The Subie AWD system is damned impressive. Sucks the car wrapped around it is 100% shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
^^ Hpi that is a downright shame that all this is happening. Such and easy fix that my 5yo niece has more common sense than a "Professional" Mechanic. Sucks so bad that nowadays your basically F-d and have to waste so much time and money for Fawking idiots.

Get a rag and burn it in the P-lot. This MFer just burst into flames all on it's own.
Yep, I actually told a buddy of mine that very thing earlier. Just stick a rag in the tank, light it, and go back inside.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:40 AM   #1003
~THE SCALE SHOP~

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #1004
I wanna be Dave

A Santa Fe convertible? Thanks Hyundai Australia!

The joy these 6 bros and their dad are clearly experiencing while driving makes me want to run out and buy one now.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #1005
Quarry Creeper

^^If you act now, you can kill your entire family at once!!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #1006
Quarry Creeper

So the guy from SOA (Subaru of America) called to follow up with me today. I explained everything that was going on, and what a PITA it has all been, very politely to him. I have to take the car back to the original body shop for them to fix the work they did. The passenger seat frame will be going to another dealer. Once the body shop fixes their screw ups, I can thankfully be completely done with these incompetent asshats. No wait, that's derogatory to asshats the world over, these morons don't rank that high.

Apparently SOA does not have the ability to police independently owned dealers. Because I point blank asked him why they don't police their dealer network any better than this. He also said that he was going to put in a request to give me a 7yr/100,000 mile bumper to bumper plan through SOA for free as a gesture of good faith. We'll see what happens. At this point, I have almost no confidence that I'll get anything out of them for free. #provemewrongSubaru
Old 09-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #1007
RCC Addict

Hopefully it's more than just kissing your ass telephonically. It's about the least they could do really.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #1008
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
So the guy from SOA (Subaru of America) called to follow up with me today. I explained everything that was going on, and what a PITA it has all been, very politely to him. I have to take the car back to the original body shop for them to fix the work they did. The passenger seat frame will be going to another dealer. Once the body shop fixes their screw ups, I can thankfully be completely done with these incompetent asshats. No wait, that's derogatory to asshats the world over, these morons don't rank that high.

Apparently SOA does not have the ability to police independently owned dealers. Because I point blank asked him why they don't police their dealer network any better than this. He also said that he was going to put in a request to give me a 7yr/100,000 mile bumper to bumper plan through SOA for free as a gesture of good faith. We'll see what happens. At this point, I have almost no confidence that I'll get anything out of them for free. #provemewrongSubaru
Damn man that sucks! My wife and I both have new Subaru's(mine 2017 legacy, hers 2014 Crostrek) and we have had great luck with ours with everything from purchasing to service. Guess we are just lucky to have good dealers around us.
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #1009
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Hopefully it's more than just kissing your ass telephonically. It's about the least they could do really.
Yeah, true. But I'm not holding my breath. Still haven't seen the email I was promised form them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoei1 View Post
Damn man that sucks! My wife and I both have new Subaru's(mine 2017 legacy, hers 2014 Crostrek) and we have had great luck with ours with everything from purchasing to service. Guess we are just lucky to have good dealers around us.
I hope you both continue to have good luck. I really do. I can tell you this much; I'll never buy another vehicle that I don't have a local dealer for. It's just too much of a PITA. Just another reason to move away from here as well. But even if this dealer was close by, it wouldn't do me any good, as they're either all a bunch of incompetent morons (doubtful with the amount of employees I've dealt with. The odds of that would be astronomical), or more likely the owner is a giant douche bag piece of shit that once the sale is complete, he's done and he tells each and every employee to cut every corner they can, even if it means screwing over their customers to meet a bottom line each year.

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-12-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #1010
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
...or more likely the owner is a giant douche bag piece of shit that once the sale is complete, he's done and he tells each and every employee to cut every corner they can, even if it means screwing over their customers to meet a bottom line each year.
I wouldn't find that shocking. A former coworker of mine was a Chrysler mechanic for a while. He quit because management at his dealership was all about the "up sell", even if that meant telling little old ladies that their car needed a head gasket when it actually just needed a simple tuneup.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #1011
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I've been keeping up with your headaches from this stealership, I think it's sad that they've managed to completely ruin your happy experience from when you got this car. I hope the SOA comes through for you in regards of "fixing" all of the mistakes that should have been done correctly the 1st time around. Hang in there!
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #1012
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I've been keeping up with your headaches from this stealership, I think it's sad that they've managed to completely ruin your happy experience from when you got this car. I hope the SOA comes through for you in regards of "fixing" all of the mistakes that should have been done correctly the 1st time around. Hang in there!
Thanks BigSki. I truly loved this car for the first 10 months or so until the issues started. I've taken it places that no car should be able to go. It's a beast in the snow, as well as heavy rain which we get a lot of. It suits my job and hobbies perfectly. Maybe they can salvage it for me. I'd prefer that with the amount I put down and how much I've paid on it so far, vs. starting over. But I'm really running out of patience at this point.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #1013
Rock Crawler

good luck everyone, be safe !!!
dude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #1014
Quarry Creeper

Nobody bothered to take down the flag? Sad, as it's destroyed now on the live feed.

EDIT: Also, go watch how fast the comments are scrolling by on the live feed over at YT. Shit is crazy!

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-13-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #1015
RCC Addict

Outer bands almost here...whipping it up good now.

Inner Banks are already flooding and it hasn't even made landfall yet!
Old 09-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #1016
RCC Addict

Quote:

EDIT: Also, go watch how fast the comments are scrolling by on the live feed over at YT. Shit is crazy!
And 100% of it is straight bullshit, if you can even read it. And people wonder why I hate people.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #1017
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Nobody bothered to take down the flag? Sad, as it's destroyed now on the live feed.

Shit is crazy!
I could only watch a little bit maybe 3min worth but came to this thought. I agree it should have been taken down to save but at the same time it makes me proud and gives a possible different thought.

Our flag born and built here in the USA (as no foreign built flag could take that wind) can take any blow you throw and while we may move violently from side to side or even tear, you will never see a representation of something so strong.

I don't know maybe just my brain being done at the end of the day.

Hope all effected stay safe and come out the other side stronger than when you went in.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:55 PM   #1018
I wanna be Dave

I've got 2 brothers on the east coast, Larry in Hendersonville, NC, just moved there this year from Wackifornia, and Rich in Chesapeake, Va. Rich is in an assisted living home, second floor apartment. He told me in an email today, that since the hurricane impact point moved farther south, the evacuation at Lighthouse Point was cancelled. Larry is about 350 miles inland and sitting on high ground, so he's prepared for some flooding.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #1019
Quarry Creeper

Idiot wasn't going to let them tow his truck.

https://www.vrddit.com/?v=r/IdiotsIn...his_truck_get/

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-13-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:38 PM   #1020
I wanna be Dave

Continuing with the theme "Money doesn't buy talent" from my post in the Funny Pics thread

Probably could have done that better in my XJ when it was newer.........even while staying in my own damned lane....................
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM