Notices

Thread: the WTH thread is back!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2018, 10:00 AM   #1061

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
Indeed.
Some criminals are like OMG thats so smart.
Other criminals, and i think the great majority of them are more like OMG thats so stupid.
One thing i find extremely funny ( my twisted humor ) is the criminals that talk about honor,,,,, really ? you talk about honor, when in truth you are a parasite feeding of the misery of other people ( here i mainly think drug dealers / motorcycle gangs )
I was that kind of people once, and i am glad it was just for a short period of time, and i got out of it on my own accord.
I dont get people like HA and Bandidos are legal here, for a sane person there are no doubt about what their MO is, and that alone should be enough to ban idiots like that.
Gangs are funny. I mean those guys think they are tough, but only when they are with their a group of other members. It's a coward's lifestyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
Yeah, that's probably not a good thing...

I'm not the only one. That's why there are so many crime shows on TV.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #1062
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
I was that kind of people once, and i am glad it was just for a short period of time, and i got out of it on my own accord.
I never heard of anyone escaping anything in a Honda before.

Seriously, though, it's good that you found your way out. I was headed down a dark path before I joined the military and "got my mind right" (Strother Martin).
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:24 AM   #1063
~THE SCALE SHOP~

https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/...704930219.html
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:39 AM   #1064
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Jesus, just, NO.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #1065
RCC Addict

idk, it's like the homely girl with jacked up teeth but the perfect rack...you still kinda want to take it for a spin...
Old 09-26-2018, 08:40 AM   #1066
~THE SCALE SHOP~

get rid of the 16s, and overdrive automatic and maybe.
Ill bet it dont break 300hp to the rear wheels.
theres potential there on the outside at least.
back view isnt great.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:31 AM   #1067
Quarry Creeper

Meh, I look at it like a kit car. There are very, very few that can pull it off. Most are just cobbled together shit boxes with the proportions all wrong, at least to my eyes.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #1068
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Most are just cobbled together shit boxes with the proportions all wrong

what do you mean?

Old 09-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #1069

This is a bad precedent for motor heads.

EPA Fines Tuning Company $300,000 for Producing and Selling Emissions Defeat Devices - The Drive
Old 09-26-2018, 10:56 AM   #1070
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Most of the laws have been on the books for ages actually. They're just not enforced in a lot of areas. Most of the aftermarket emissions defeating stuff you buy clearly states (at least for motos) "For closed course competition use only." So it's kind of on the end purchaser and not the tuning company IMHO. But I agree, it's a slippery slope from here. And we have much bigger things to worry about in this country that this petty BS. When the paper plants around me stop pumping toxic smoke into the atmosphere by the metric shit ton, I'll start worrying about what tiny impact that I have. Which by the way, all my vehicles are stock these days as there's nothing to be gained with what I own currently.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:00 AM   #1071

Quote:
Most of the laws have been on the books for ages actually. They're just not enforced in a lot of areas. Most of the aftermarket emissions defeating stuff you buy clearly states (at least for motos) "For closed course competition use only." So it's kind of on the end purchaser and not the tuning company IMHO. But I agree, it's a slippery slope from here. And we have much bigger things to worry about in this country that this petty BS. When the paper plants around me stop pumping toxic smoke into the atmosphere by the metric shit ton, I'll start worrying about what tiny impact that I have. Which by the way, all my vehicles are stock these days as there's nothing to be gained with what I own currently.
Exactly. The EPA moving to enforce it is what's bad news for us.

And I had the same though - those products say for off-road use only, and while it's a way to skirt the law, the companies shouldn't be forced to pay.

It was an easy way for the government to get money.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:36 AM   #1072
RCC Addict

It's tantamount to fining or suing a gun manufacturer because some phuckwit shot another one with one of their guns. WTH indeed! No point in sending enablers to rehab.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:40 AM   #1073
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
When the paper plants around me stop pumping toxic smoke into the atmosphere by the metric shit ton...
They still make paper in this country? I thought the Canadians pretty much had the market share on paper.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:54 AM   #1074
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
They still make paper in this country? I thought the Canadians pretty much had the market share on paper.
Come down here through Norfolk/Suffolk VA and smell the air...
Old 09-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #1075
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Come down here through Norfolk/Suffolk VA and smell the air...
No thanks. When I was a kid, my grandfather took us over the St Lawrence river into Canada. There was a big Canadian paper mill right on the side of the river. That is probably the most putrid smell I've ever encountered.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #1076
~THE SCALE SHOP~

the exhausts on the vette, and all my camaros were always for "offroad use only"
always thought that was funny
Old 09-26-2018, 03:22 PM   #1077
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yes sir. Actually one of my biggest clients is a small local paper mill. And they’re actually cleaner and greener than the big corporate one 30 miles away, even though it was a huge impact financially for them to do so initially. They provide a lot of local jobs in a really impoverished areas as well, and have a pretty interesting story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
the exhausts on the vette, and all my camaros were always for "offroad use only"
always thought that was funny
Well, I'm no lawyer, I'm just a simple unfrozen cavemen network guy. But in my mind if your exhausts are on road they've fallen off the car and are a hazard to you and other motorists around you. If they're off road, then they're up on the hangers where they belong, right?
Old 09-26-2018, 04:03 PM   #1078
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
look up "container industry".. there's only a few big players that control the market, but there are plants scattered all across the country. I briefly worked for a company that designs the machines that produce the corrugated containers ( don't call them cardboard boxes, those people are oddly offended by that ) It was absolutely mind blowing in whats involved in making a "simple" pizza box.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:57 PM   #1079
Quarry Creeper

So, this is hopefully the final cluttering of this thread with my ongoing Subaru drama. But, yesterday the car rolled the magic 36,000 miles and still hadn't heard from SOA (Subaru of America). Still hadn't gotten that email from them yet either. So I was stressing about it for sure.

But today, I came home and checked the mail and low and behold, this was in there. It's their Gold Plus extended warranty. Not only covers bumper to bumper for 7yrs/100,000mi, but also provides for free roadside assistance, rental car coverage, even something called trip interruption expense. Total cost to me $0.00. So not only are they willing to stand behind their own mistakes, but also trying to make up for incompetent independent dealers as well. It doesn't take away the stress of all of it, or give me back the time I have wrapped up in all of it. But, it does take a huge weight off my shoulders, and give me another 5+ years depending on mileage that I never have to worry about my car. In my opinion, especially in today's world, that's all you can ask for. Thanks for manning up and owning it Subaru.

Oddly enough, my passenger seat didn't make a single peep today either. So whatever it was either fell out, or it's so tired it had to take a break.

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-26-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:50 PM   #1080
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
You should be happy about this, didn't you mention in another post here in chit-chat that the guys that are rolling coal with diesels are douchebags... maybe not in those exact words, but along those lines

There's plenty of legal ways to hop up engines with smog equipment, just have to be smarter than what you're working with.

The factory Mustangs and Dodges are turning 800hp with smog equipment, and are still street legal.

Last edited by Mike Flea; 09-26-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM