Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 1/7 scale Traxxas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #81
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 1/7 scale Traxxas

Can somebody tell me what's the innovation here Traxxas has patent pending??

I don't see anything really different here with the rear axle somebody hasn't done before. Patent trolling?
xwoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2018, 09:15 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwoop View Post

I don't see anything really different here with the rear axle somebody hasn't done before. Patent trolling?
1. You don't understand the definition of patent trolling.

2. How can you bash a pending patent if you don't even know what it's about? Maybe it's the way they are using the planetary diff to control torque twist? Maybe it's something else. But to right away assume patent trolling shows that you don't understand how patents work.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #83
~THE SCALE SHOP~

who gives a shit about lawyer crap. look at this damn truck!!!!!!!!!!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:46 AM   #84
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
1. You don't understand the definition of patent trolling.

2. How can you bash a pending patent if you don't even know what it's about? Maybe it's the way they are using the planetary diff to control torque twist? Maybe it's something else. But to right away assume patent trolling shows that you don't understand how patents work.
If you read my post again you can see I asked if there is anyone who can explain what is the innovation related to this patent pending.

You are a little bit on thin ice coming up with the conclusion that I don't understand what patent trolling means, but (since there are a lot of posts on several forums with people actually accusing Traxxas of patent trolling due to Arrma vs. Traxxas cantilever suspension case) I'm very happy my little own wake up troll got so deep under your obviously Traxxas fan coloured skin.

I see a lot of new innovation in this truck and I think it might be the best RTR RC I've ever seen....definitely going to get one. Just don't see what's the thing here with the rear axle and patent pending.

Also please, I'm interested if somebody can put out a little bit more detailed info about those "planetary gear diffs" and by what mechanism they reduce torque twist.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwoop View Post

The Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer Will Blow Your Mind - RC Car Action

You can see it in this article.

Basically they have a planetary gear set between the drive shaft and in the pinion to add extra gear reduction at the axle. This is to reduce torque twist from the rear axle. It is actually a legitimate innovation...unlike their other patents.

I may have to buy finally buy a Traxxas product cause of this truck. But first I will wait and see how they hold up in the hands of others. I see a few things already that give me pause. Plastic 17mm wheel hexes? Really??

Here's to hoping they make a roller/kit without electronics....

Last edited by pman9003; 02-01-2018 at 10:03 AM.
pman9003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:13 AM   #86
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman9003 View Post

The Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer Will Blow Your Mind - RC Car Action

You can see it in this article.

Basically they have a planetary gear set between the drive shaft and in the pinion to add extra gear reduction at the axle. This is to reduce torque twist from the rear axle. It is actually a legitimate innovation...unlike their other patents.

I may have to buy finally buy a Traxxas product cause of this truck. But first I will wait and see how they hold up in the hands of others. I see a few things already that give me pause. Plastic 17mm wheel hexes? Really??

Here's to hoping they make a roller/kit without electronics....
THANKS!!

And copy that, that is something I can think of justifying a patent pending search. Traxxas webpage and the pic of real axle under innovation section of the UDR page doesn't really talk about that invention...

And yes....plastic hex is a bad idea. Another thing that I'm thinking of is the cooling for the motor while it's surrounded by plastics so well.

But if it is hexes that you need to replace to make it ok....that's nothing. I don't have a single axial rig that would have worked properly without 500+ in upgrades. Have to say though, I have a 1/16 revo as well, and it is broken all the time. Relative to the size it requires even more upgrades than Axial rigs.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #87

The action shots are just incredible. The average person would be easily fooled into thinking it's a real truck. Traxxas.com has awesome, high-res shots. I used the RCCA links because they are forum sized.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #88
RCC Addict

I’m surprised no one has complained about the built in Traxxas connectors in the chassis. I bet with some rcc engineering it could be worked around to use whatever plugs you wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Preorder at RPP now available

Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer 4WD 6s Electric Race Truck RTR
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #90
Pebble Pounder

everything you need to know here:

https://traxxas.com/products/landing...-desert-racer/

And Traxxas answered my question as according to them the driveshaft on the back is a fully functional spare
caleb.cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #91
RCC Addict

Quote:
The action shots are just incredible. The average person would be easily fooled into thinking it's a real truck. Traxxas.com has awesome, high-res shots. I used the RCCA links because they are forum sized.

I'm telling you, they look real !
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamargue View Post
I’m surprised no one has complained about the built in Traxxas connectors in the chassis. I bet with some rcc engineering it could be worked around to use whatever plugs you wanted.
Because it's such an awesome truck that this gripe would be minor and, IMO, even petty. There are always ways around connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Yes, but you don't know if you get the black and red Rigid Industries truck or the white and orange Fox truck.

I'm torn which I like better honestly. I like the Fox truck, but I hate white. I love red and black, but it's not as cool as the Fox truck. Torn.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #93
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
who gives a shit about lawyer crap. look at this damn truck!!!!!!!!!!
It's amazing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #94
~THE SCALE SHOP~

with all the hobbico/traxxas/tower hobbies debacles, where is gonna be the best place to get one pre ordered? and get the first batch?

in years past Tower Hobbies always got there orders in before RPP. id like to be on the first batch that hits the streets.

thoughts?
Old 02-01-2018, 12:34 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
with all the hobbico/traxxas/tower hobbies debacles, where is gonna be the best place to get one pre ordered? and get the first batch?

in years past Tower Hobbies always got there orders in before RPP. id like to be on the first batch that hits the streets.

thoughts?
I was thinking the same. A Traxxas employee on the Traxxas forums posted that your LHS will probably have it available for sale before they offer it. I will link to that thread/post if I can find it. EDIT: Here's the thread for the "Dessert Truck" But it has the post from the Traxxas employee that I was referring to: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-dessert-truck

RPP isn't large and I think that's why they aren't always in the first batch of preorders. Now that HobbiCo is out of the Traxxas game I'm guessing Horizon Hobby is your next best bet.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-01-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #96
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Yes, but you don't know if you get the black and red Rigid Industries truck or the white and orange Fox truck.

I'm torn which I like better honestly. I like the Fox truck, but I hate white. I love red and black, but it's not as cool as the Fox truck. Torn.
The fox truck looks more realistic too me. i dont know if its the scheme, more stickers or what.

but ill be ordering the Red/Black. im a red/black guy when it comes to cars, SO sinister looking, you may have noticed on iRacing all my cars are red and black.
Red (and black) was my second color choice when i was looking for the Z06, but i couldnt stand to be without the metallic. so Silver it was.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #97
~THE SCALE SHOP~

RC mart has them for preorder as well. but of course overseas
Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer RTR 4WD Race Truck w/ TSM TQi Traxxas Link 2.4GHz Radio #85076-4 PRE ORDER,
Old 02-01-2018, 01:01 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

like everyone else, i would LOVE to have one...

(Stang killa SS avatar)

like jato said, i wish it was the same scale as the BR and yeti TT. i'm a 1/10 guy and the scale at 1/7 also means its ridiculously out of my price range.
if traxxas did the opposite of what everyone else is doing (making BIG versions after normal versions) then i would... do... "things" to afford one.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:34 PM   #99
~THE SCALE SHOP~

you guys calling BR and Yeti TT 1/10 scale are on crack.

Traxxas UDR 1/7.5 scale
BR 1/8.5 scale
Yeti TT 1/8.8 scale
Old 02-01-2018, 01:41 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

well then just call me TYRONE lol

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote