Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2018, 09:54 PM   #301
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
My rant for today: Getting ****ing OLD!!

Got out the chainsaw and cut up half of one of the Bartlett pear trees that fell victim to Florence, then trimmed up two others and stacked up all the limbs to haul off. Started at 2, finished at 6:15.

It's 8:45 now and I can't ****ing move. My ears and toes are ok, everything else is sore. I used to throw a bigger saw around for 10-12 hours a day when I logged. WTF, life??
Say 'hello' to your new best friend !

BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2018, 10:55 PM   #302
RCC Addict

One of my "Sucks to get old" rants...

- You fart out Bohemian Rhapsody on the sofa then head to the bathroom just to find out all you had to do was pee.
- You give the stink-eye to all the kids at the skate-park because you wanted some solitude to jump your Stampede.
- You don't even tell people your age anymore... It's just "late 40's, early 50's" depending upon the situation.
- You worry that if you hold your breath too long while painting lexan that you may pass out and have to go to the ER.
- You don't even put on your rugged work boots to go to Lowes anymore. Tennis shoes now suffice because comfort is priority.
- You wonder if your wife's cat might outlive you.
- You take a piss around 3am and contemplate not flushing because you're bound to have to go again before anyone else in the house gets up.
- You replace your leather belt with an elastic belt.
- You take twice as long texting because you had to go back and change "never mind" to "nvm".
- You're at a red light scrutinizing everyone's driving then hear someone honking behind you because you're now sitting at a green light.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:02 AM   #303
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
My rant for today: Getting ****ing OLD!!

Got out the chainsaw and cut up half of one of the Bartlett pear trees that fell victim to Florence, then trimmed up two others and stacked up all the limbs to haul off. Started at 2, finished at 6:15.

It's 8:45 now and I can't ****ing move. My ears and toes are ok, everything else is sore. I used to throw a bigger saw around for 10-12 hours a day when I logged. WTF, life??

Back when I was in highschool, probably around '91 or '92, my Father started saying "This gettin' old shit is for the birds."....I'm not that old yet, and I'm already starting to agree with him.

Another was when I got my haircut a couple years ago think I was still at my old LHS job or just getting started with my current call center job (about 38-40 y/o at the time, I'm now 42), I complained to my parents about how grey I was getting....what did they say? "Imagine how we feel, especially we had you two (little sister, 4.5 years younger) kinda late in life!"
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:23 AM   #304
Pebble Pounder

My old age rant is: When someone asks you your age and you are old enough that you actually have to stop and think about it for a couple of seconds before answering...
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:32 AM   #305
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
- You don't even tell people your age anymore... It's just "late 40's, early 50's" depending upon the situation.
Today I was on a call with a lady from otherside of the country. I sensed business motive beneath her diplomatic talk. She was quite smart and sensible, so I politely asked her age. She replied with an unsure voice ..."40 plus" and then paused.

I realized she did not feel comfortable telling her specific age hence a blunt answer and that pause after it
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:02 AM   #306
I wanna be Dave

I have a friend who is in her 70s, her favorite saying is, "Getting old isn't for wimps..."

Bad backs come with age, and you'd figure you'd throw it out lifting something heavy or lift wrong... nope... The last time I threw my back out I was turning in my office chair; the time before that I threw it out taking a nap... no joke.

New Rant...

Jackasses who do not read instructions.

Jackass: My receiver is blinking and my truck won't move...

Me: What color is the receiver blinking, and how fast?

Jackass: It is blinking fast red...

Me: What does the manual say about a fast red blinking LED on the receiver?

Jackass: Manual?

Me: The manual says your throttle was not in neutral when you started up your truck.

Jackass: Oh, I turned that knob to make it go faster when I was running last time, I have to put that back each time...?

Me: What does the manual say about it?

Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #307
Rock Crawler

Brothers...

Last night, about 12:00pm-12:30pm I had a dark coloured dodge 1/2ton truck pull into my yard, so naturally I unpack the 7mm, sent a group text to my neighbors (I share a yard with 2 others houses). Three people hopped out, a skinny malnourished brown girl, a tall skinny brown guy, and a small Metis man. I called out from a half hidden position behind the door, they told me their names, and that they wanted to see the $500 car that was for sale. I asked what $500 car for sale, they said my brother has a car for sale on Facebook, I said why come at midnight, they said they just seen the add, so I handed my cousin my 7mm, and asked him to be ready...just in case, and I went out onto the deck with my baseball bat. I let them take a good look at the car, but when they ask for the key to see how it sounds I asked them to leave and come back during the day, I’m not a fool to be jacked in my own yard, so after they left I went out and took the front tires off, and untied the dogs. The rest of the night I’m jumping out of my bed at every sound, every dog bark, every vehicle driving past my turnoff...F’ing tired now.

I just checked the names they gave me at midnight, and it turns out that all of them are thought to be thieves, and the recommendations are that I should lock my stuff up, brothers man! I love the guy, but he’s brought me nothing but problems, worry, and debts since he’s moved into my basement.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #308
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
Today I was on a call with a lady from otherside of the country. I sensed business motive beneath her diplomatic talk. She was quite smart and sensible, so I politely asked her age. She replied with an unsure voice ..."40 plus" and then paused.

I realized she did not feel comfortable telling her specific age hence a blunt answer and that pause after it

Not sure I've ever asked an older woman her age! That can be a risky inquiry lol.

Fortunately for me, people are generally in disbelief that I'm as old as I am. Plenty of times it comes up shortly after they ask me how old my wife is and I'm forced to reveal that I'm quite a bit older than her. Most other times that I'm asked, I have no problem telling people... although as skinnyj mentioned... that's if I'm able to actually remember lol.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:38 AM   #309
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
I have a friend who is in her 70s, her favorite saying is, "Getting old isn't for wimps..."

Bad backs come with age, and you'd figure you'd throw it out lifting something heavy or lift wrong... nope... The last time I threw my back out I was turning in my office chair; the time before that I threw it out taking a nap... no joke.

New Rant...

Jackasses who do not read instructions.

Jackass: My receiver is blinking and my truck won't move...

Me: What color is the receiver blinking, and how fast?

Jackass: It is blinking fast red...

Me: What does the manual say about a fast red blinking LED on the receiver?

Me: The manual says your throttle was not in neutral when you started up your truck.

Jackass: Oh, I turned that knob to make it go faster when I was running last time, I have to put that back each time...?

Me: What does the manual say about it?

Might have well asked them to check the Manuel

I had one customer at a LHS I worked at complain that the T-Maxx s
he bought didn't have a the antenna tube or DVD for tuning (been a while, can't remember which, or maybe it was both.....) When I told him those were in the bag with the instructions, his response was "Oh, haven't opened that yet."
Old 09-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #310
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
Brothers...

Last night, about 12:00pm-12:30pm I had a dark coloured dodge 1/2ton truck pull into my yard, so naturally I unpack the 7mm, sent a group text to my neighbors (I share a yard with 2 others houses). Three people hopped out, a skinny malnourished brown girl, a tall skinny brown guy, and a small Metis man. I called out from a half hidden position behind the door, they told me their names, and that they wanted to see the $500 car that was for sale. I asked what $500 car for sale, they said my brother has a car for sale on Facebook, I said why come at midnight, they said they just seen the add, so I handed my cousin my 7mm, and asked him to be ready...just in case, and I went out onto the deck with my baseball bat. I let them take a good look at the car, but when they ask for the key to see how it sounds I asked them to leave and come back during the day, I知 not a fool to be jacked in my own yard, so after they left I went out and took the front tires off, and untied the dogs. The rest of the night I知 jumping out of my bed at every sound, every dog bark, every vehicle driving past my turnoff...F段ng tired now.

I just checked the names they gave me at midnight, and it turns out that all of them are thought to be thieves, and the recommendations are that I should lock my stuff up, brothers man! I love the guy, but he痴 brought me nothing but problems, worry, and debts since he痴 moved into my basement.
Scary. They say that forewarned is forearmed, but lacking the first there's no substitute for good old armed.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #311
Quarry Creeper

In the US at least it's considered rude to ask a woman her age, just FYI. At least that' what I was taught growing up in the south.

My rant, getting called in to work twice on a Saturday, getting home at 2AM, and being up till 4AM to wind down enough to go to bed. Which means I slept in till 11AM today, and that will screw up my sleep schedule (which I already struggle with as an insomniac) for the upcoming work week, which I've already been warned is going to suck.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:39 PM   #312
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

- You fart out Bohemian Rhapsody on the sofa then head to the bathroom just to find out all you had to do was pee.
- You give the stink-eye to all the kids at the skate-park because you wanted some solitude to jump your Stampede.
- You worry that if you hold your breath too long while painting lexan that you may pass out and have to go to the ER.
- You don't even put on your rugged work boots to go to Lowes anymore. Tennis shoes now suffice because comfort is priority.
- You wonder if your wife's cat might outlive you.
- You take a piss around 3am and contemplate not flushing because you're bound to have to go again before anyone else in the house gets up.
- You replace your leather belt with an elastic belt.
- You take twice as long texting because you had to go back and change "never mind" to "nvm".
- You're at a red light scrutinizing everyone's driving then hear someone honking behind you because you're now sitting at a green light.
This is hilarious, and I can relate to a lot of these

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
Brothers...

Last night, about 12:00pm-12:30pm I had a dark coloured dodge 1/2ton truck pull into my yard, so naturally I unpack the 7mm, sent a group text to my neighbors (I share a yard with 2 others houses). Three people hopped out, a skinny malnourished brown girl, a tall skinny brown guy, and a small Metis man. I called out from a half hidden position behind the door, they told me their names, and that they wanted to see the $500 car that was for sale. I asked what $500 car for sale, they said my brother has a car for sale on Facebook, I said why come at midnight, they said they just seen the add, so I handed my cousin my 7mm, and asked him to be ready...just in case, and I went out onto the deck with my baseball bat. I let them take a good look at the car, but when they ask for the key to see how it sounds I asked them to leave and come back during the day, I知 not a fool to be jacked in my own yard, so after they left I went out and took the front tires off, and untied the dogs. The rest of the night I知 jumping out of my bed at every sound, every dog bark, every vehicle driving past my turnoff...F段ng tired now.

I just checked the names they gave me at midnight, and it turns out that all of them are thought to be thieves, and the recommendations are that I should lock my stuff up, brothers man! I love the guy, but he痴 brought me nothing but problems, worry, and debts since he痴 moved into my basement.
Sounds like an eviction notice is required here
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:21 PM   #313
RCC Addict

Quote:

All so very true, yes.

But for this one I just like to say 100 years ago most Americans had electricity and phones and drove automobiles...100 years before I was born none of the above existed, and the American Civil War was just getting serious...
Old 09-30-2018, 04:54 PM   #314
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
In the US at least it's considered rude to ask a woman her age, just FYI. At least that' what I was taught growing up in the south.

My Sister and I were at Silver Dollar City with Mom and Dad some years back and Dad went to get a refill in the big mug he bought and the guy working at the counter asked to see Dad's annual pass, saw that it said Senior on it and gave Dad the pass holder AND Sr discounts on his purchase. He went on to tell Dad that he started checking for the discout after offending a woman who, like Dad and the Cashier, was a Senior. Seems he asked a question that rather bluntly eluded to her being a Senior and is pissed her off. weird thing, I've had seniors as a whole all but demand a senior discount, in oerson and over the phone
Old 09-30-2018, 05:13 PM   #315
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Seems he asked a question that rather bluntly eluded to her being a Senior and is pissed her off. weird thing, I've had seniors as a whole all but demand a senior discount, in oerson and over the phone

Saving money as a senior is a lot different than an aging housewife trying to retain her youthful appeal. Like others, I was raised that you don't "discuss" a woman's age with her but I think there's a point where both women and men begin to relish telling people their age.. be it for respect, bragging rights, or a cheap meal at Cracker Barrel.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:16 PM   #316
RCC Addict

Quote:
Saving money as a senior is a lot different than an aging housewife trying to retain her youthful appeal. Like others, I was raised that you don't "discuss" a woman's age with her but I think there's a point where both women and men begin to relish telling people their age.. be it for respect, bragging rights, or a cheap meal at Cracker Barrel.
That's the time where they start saying "xx years young" that makes me want to hurl. I've made people swear to shoot me if I ever say that.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #317
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
My Sister and I were at Silver Dollar City with Mom and Dad some years back and Dad went to get a refill in the big mug he bought and the guy working at the counter asked to see Dad's annual pass, saw that it said Senior on it and gave Dad the pass holder AND Sr discounts on his purchase. He went on to tell Dad that he started checking for the discout after offending a woman who, like Dad and the Cashier, was a Senior. Seems he asked a question that rather bluntly eluded to her being a Senior and is pissed her off. weird thing, I've had seniors as a whole all but demand a senior discount, in oerson and over the phone
Yep, times really have changed. I had it driven into my brain as a kid to never, ever ask a lady her age. On a side note, I think you're the only other person I've ever heard mention Silver Dollar City. I grew up in east TN until I was about 11, and we went there all the time. Lots of good memories with my parents from that place.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:44 PM   #318
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That's the time where they start saying "xx years young" that makes me want to hurl. I've made people swear to shoot me if I ever say that.

Just reminded me of a retail rant I have!

I picked up a Revell US Porsche 918 kit from Hobby Lobby to eventually try and cross breed with one of, if not both of the 914/6 kits from Revell and bought from HL. Didn't see a sticker on it and figured that it would be around $29.99 as well as "eh, they can just scan it", forgetting that they aren't set up to scan bar codes (another WTF of mine). I appologized to the folks behind me in line while somebody checked the price and one of made that stupid "It must be free" "joke" I looked at the cashier and quitely told her that I spent 24 years in retail and how much I hate that comment. We got everything taken care of and somebody else that came over to help her (she was a new employee) and repeated what I said about the "It must be free", as well as "I just printed it this morning!?" when you make sure that the $50 or $100 they just handed you is real.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #319
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Yep, times really have changed. I had it driven into my brain as a kid to never, ever ask a lady her age. On a side note, I think you're the only other person I've ever heard mention Silver Dollar City. I grew up in east TN until I was about 11, and we went there all the time. Lots of good memories with my parents from that place.

Here's one we don't get at work, I talke to a lady a couple months ago at work who refused to be called Ma'am. Not because she thought it made her sound old, but because she felt it made her sounds like a "lady of the night"

Not Madam, like the woman with the red Econoline from the airport scene from Cannonball Run, but Ma'am.....wasn't even using it in a sarchastic Al Bundy-ish tone, just like you would when being respectful of a woman you don't know.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:06 PM   #320
RCC Addict

Quote:
Just reminded me of a retail rant I have!
I apologized to the folks behind me in line while somebody checked the price and one of made that stupid "It must be free" "joke"
Noted. I'll never say that again.

Quote:
Here's one we don't get at work, I talke to a lady a couple months ago at work who refused to be called Ma'am. Not because she thought it made her sound old, but because she felt it made her sounds like a "lady of the night"
You should've just said, "Ok, whatever, bitch."

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM